Agrabah Café - the official topic

Started by CraigDLRP!, May 19, 2007, 08:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigDLRP!

Agrabah Café recently re-opened its doors as an all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant.  

Although initial plans called for a "half board meal plan" restaurant only, plans have changed and its doors are now open for all paying guests.  However, Half Board Meal ticket holders will get priority access.

raptor1982

Original message by CraigDLRP:

I used to LOVE Cafe Agrabah, it was my favourite cafe in the whole resort. Not for the food, but for it's unique and beautiful theming. I miss it being open so much. Does anyone else feel the same? Am I the only one?

Nala_84

No, I'm missing it too - coz I never had the chance to go there  :cry:

I like the pictures I've seen so much and the food sounds to be great, even for us Vegetarians. I'd love to have it re-opened coz it's just such a different, unique restaurant (instead of all these pizza & pasta places!)... It's/it was simply special!!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Owain

I watched something the other day and Cafe Agrabah was on it so i assumed it was open. I would have love to had gone there. Why did it shut ? and is there anything replacing it now ?

Kristof

Currently the Agrabah Café/Bazar is only open during New Years Eve.  For the rest of the years, it's being used for special events.

Riebi

I loved the cafe too. It was my fav at the park to take a break with a nice tea.

But I miss also the old bazar. In this time the cafe was very small and a special tip. I never understand why they changed it.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

:bump:

speedpacket

lol - never saw a forum administrator bump topoicslike that, but I guess you are entirely right in doing so in this case :)
The Agrabah cafe really deserves some attention, and I'm still hoping that Karl will have it reopened soon!!!

Also - I hope they will soon start selling those lovely turkish delights again in stead of the stuff they are selling there now.  I would actually have drivin 4 hours just for the taste of those great huney sweets (I know we can get them from our supermarkets here as well, but the ones overthere were simply unbeatable!!!)

Perhaps we will once see it reopen.  Even though it is being used for special events at nighttime, I'm sure they could still open it during daytime ;)

Cheers!
David.
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Kristof

Quotenever saw a forum administrator bump topics like that

Agrabah Café is being discussed in the Hook's Galley topic, so I'm bumping up this one to keep everything on topic.

Nala_84

Sorry, I'm stupid - who is Karl?  :P Is he the one who decides the closures and reopenings in the resort?!

If yes, then: KARL, you lovely guy, please reopen the Bazaar and Agrabah Café, we fans LOVE it and miss it ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

kermit

Quote from: "Nala_84"Sorry, I'm stupid - who is Karl?  :P Is he the one who decides the closures and reopenings in the resort?!

If yes, then: KARL, you lovely guy, please reopen the Bazaar and Agrabah Café, we fans LOVE it and miss it ;)

Karl is Karl Holtz, the man in charge at DLRP. For every small (Keelboats, more characters) or large improvements over the last year (?), he was the man who made the decisions, our very own CEO. Yes you have to love him.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Imagineer

dlp.info says that the bazar and agrabah café will reopen this november! Great!  :D/

Riebi

That´s great to hear. I hate it to stand in front of closed gates
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Disneyana

Yes I want to see it open again, because I never had the chance to try it out. I always wanted too, because being from an oriental country myself I just love those places and of course the food. It's great to hear that it will reopen, I hope these news will be true and that I can try it out next time.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

davewasbaloo

I don't miss the restaurant, but I do miss the Bazaar, with the shops, carftsmen, persian rugs, and the ability to walk to Fantasyland without getting wet!
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I don't miss the restaurant, but I do miss the Bazaar, with the shops, carftsmen, persian rugs, and the ability to walk to Fantasyland without getting wet!
Yes, it's great to hear the area might be reopening as the restaurant again, but this is what I'd really like to see - a real indoor arcade-style area with shops, as it was meant to be.  It's so unlike Disney to pass on the chance for more retail space...