Agrabah Café - the official topic

Started by CraigDLRP!, May 19, 2007, 08:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"It's so unlike Disney to pass on the chance for more retail space...

Sorry, I can't help it, but its the sad truth haha!  :lol:

Personally, I can't wait for for it to reopen. I truly think the Agbrabah Cafe will enrich the Disneyland experience.  :)

Anthony

News from magicblog:

Quote from: "magicblog"Agrabah Café, the legendary restaurant inside the Adventureland Bazar has been closed for nearly 7 years now and is only used once in a while for special events. It was rumoured recently that the restaurant would finally reopen it's doors for the Christmas Season to increase restaurant capacity. But is this Thousand and One night Fairytale as pretty as fans currenlty want to believe? Depends how you look at it...

A quick phonecall to the Disneyland Resort Paris reservation line quickly answered the question why after so many years the restaurant opened its doors again. After asking and receiving the restaurant's opening hours (11.30h - 16h), the cast member quickly asked if we had booked the halfboard-plan with our hotel reservation. We declined to which to cast member politely apologised and explained that the restaurant will be a halfboard-plan only restaurant.

So what does this mean? Indeed, all of us hardcore Anual Pass Holders will not be able to get a table at the Arabian themed restaurant, without a Halfboard ticket. Bad news for the fans, but you have to understand that the halfboard-meal program is very popular among "regular" tourists and an all-exclusive restaurant, just for them, would be the perfect additional Disney-touch that most tourists come looking for at Disneyland Resort Paris.
More here.

tubbsy

That is really interesting. And great news for some of us with halfboard meal tickets.

Thers still no listing on the web site, but then again it took a while to be  updated after L'Auberge do Cendrillon changed and was no longer included in the half board plan.

Can i ask in this thread (or should I open a new one in planning?)-Seeing as I've never seen it open, what sort of food does Agrabah serve?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Kristof

It used to be "Arabian"-themed counter service (if I'm not mistaking), but it's not known yet what food and how it will be served for the half board meal guests.

Cubitus

Well correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Agrabah connected to this stands with arabic desserts and sweet sweet sweets? I'd really love to see *that* being back; but actually it sounds that just the restaurant will be back up?

Any1 knows more?

And reopening "for the xmas season" hopefully does mean "on Nov 10"? So I might be able to have a look there :)

Oliver
Oliver

speedpacket

Quote from: "Cubitus"Well correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Agrabah connected to this stands with arabic desserts and sweet sweet sweets? I'd really love to see *that* being back; but actually it sounds that just the restaurant will be back up?
YES!!!  These sweets are LOVELY :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

tubbsy

Mmmm! never got the chance to taste those. Hoping it might be open when we go :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Owain

According to joel, The Agrabah Restaurant was open yesterday with an all you can eat buffet.  :)

//http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20071106/

Kristof

Yep, I've eaten there twice the past 2 days... .  According to raptor1982, the food was delicious!

Uploading photos in a few minutes.

Edit: here are the photos:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/m ... temId=8945

:D

Anthony

Oh wow, that's what I call themed dining! :o The repainted entrance sign looks so much better, and even the graphic design on the menu is pretty good!

Shame we'll probably never get to see the alley of shops again, but seeing this restaurant open is just awesome.

Hmm, I wonder if Jay & Karl paid a visit?

Jay: "Hey, I thought I closed this place!!" :P

Owain

Thos photos are lovely raptor !  :D

kurgly_bird

it looks great, shame about it being halfboard only though, for me personally that is.

x x x

experiment627

kurgly_bird,

it's *not* halfboard-exclusive. This seems to have been the idea initially. Now guests with halfboard vouchers will have priority when looking for a table (a *must* for people who have already paid for the meal and are looking for a place to eat during the busier seasons of the year).

But now everyone will be able to have a meal at Agrabah. (21,- Euro for adults.) And this is what I am going to do next week.  :)

So, I'd recommend anybody who wants to eat there to get a reservation at a Disney conciergerie, at City Hall or Studio Services or the restaurant itself first thing after getting to the resort. (Or just call the reservation hotline in advance...)

kurgly_bird

thanks a lot experiment627, i hadn't heard about this change. looks like i'll get to check it out after all  :D

x x x

pjulie75

So does anyone know what was type of food is on the buffet?   =P~  The theme of the place looks fantastic and we will definately visit.  It looks really mysterious and atmospheric, good job Disney.  I much prefer places like this rather than the Fastfood type eateries.