Agrabah Café - the official topic

Started by CraigDLRP!, May 19, 2007, 08:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Obviously I do...  

It's oriental / Mediterranean style that includes Shoarma (freshly cut from the roast), cinnamon rice (never tried that before, it's DELICIOUS), fish, baked spiced potatoes, ...  There was also some pasta and lasagne for the vegi's.  Also Arabian styled pastries for dessert as well as fresh cinnamon flavoured fruit salad, pancakes and things like that.  

I also had mint tea for the very first time in my life (don't like tea but it was good!)

It was sooo good, I went back the second day.

Edit: I'm hungry now....  :lol:

pjulie75

Oh yummy, that sounds sooooo delicious!  I will definately be going now :D/

The Butlin Boy

They done so well with this, it looks great, and it sounds delicious :wink:  Thanks for the photos Raptor

Disneyana

Oh the photos are so great. The restaurant is just my right place. I hope it will now stay open and not only in high season. I really want to eat there on my next trip. It looks so oriental. My husband, who is from an oriental country will love it.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

Just finished uploading a small video with some footage from inside the restaurant.  Enjoy!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fbw1 ... ant_travel

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic video Raptor, thanks for putting it online :)

Anthony

Brilliant video, thanks for all this!

Great to see a restaurant with a proper, themed selection of food - something different to steaks, burgers. DLRP really ought to serve more exotic foods like this. The tea in those special glasses looks like a wonderful touch.

They got this one spot on. :)

penfold12

Looks fantastic, but very quiet!

I remember when this was a shop, when the park first opened. Im sure at that stage there were areas that were open to the elements. Is that still the case, or is there a false roofing above the stick roofing?

Disneyana

I read in the book "Walt Disney Imagineering" that they created a false roof over the stick roofing. It's special, cause it looks like there is now roof, but because of the more bad weather it was necessary to have a roof there to keep it dry when it rains.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Soap

What a great piece of imagineering art this location is!
I just love it, as if stepping into a whole new world. Glad to see it opening again. Surely going to eat there my next visit!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nala_84

Oh my God - the Agrabah Café looks better than I ever imagined  :shock: I've always loved to eat there one day, but never had the chance to... The pictures are really, really awesome, well done :)!

I hope sooo much that it'll be opened now forever, even during the lower seasons  [-o<
But I guess it's only for people who booked Half Board Meal plans, right?!

So there's also enough yummy food for the Veggies? :)
And funny, I don't usually like tea either, but tried some mint tea during the last few months and now it's okay to drink ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Soap

Quote from: "experiment627"kurgly_bird,

it's *not* halfboard-exclusive. This seems to have been the idea initially. Now guests with halfboard vouchers will have priority when looking for a table (a *must* for people who have already paid for the meal and are looking for a place to eat during the busier seasons of the year).

But now everyone will be able to have a meal at Agrabah. (21,- Euro for adults.) And this is what I am going to do next week.  :)

So, I'd recommend anybody who wants to eat there to get a reservation at a Disney conciergerie, at City Hall or Studio Services or the restaurant itself first thing after getting to the resort. (Or just call the reservation hotline in advance...)

Not half board only Nala ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

MSW

Not half board only but...?
Why only? I'm sorry I just want to eat there without difficulties :shock:

Kristof

MSW, I think you're missing the point lol.  It's open for everyone, but guests with half board tickets will get priority access to the restaurant.  But don't worry, it's HUGE inside, so lots and lots of tables.  Definitely a smart move by park operations.

Owain

Heres a photo where you can sorta make out the roof

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=8993