Questions about St Patricks Day and Season of the Force

Started by samuelvictor, March 02, 2017, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelvictor

Hi everyone, 3 quick questions:

1) I thought there were usually Fireworks for St Patricks Day, but the Disneyland Paris website doesn't mention them this year ( http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/events/saint-patricks-day-celebrations/ ) does anyone know if they are happenning or not?

2) We are currently in "Season of the Force" til the 26th March. Will all the extra Star Wars things be happenning still even on March 17th (St Patricks Day celebration)?

3) With the projection show on Tower of Terror, how does this affect the Dreams show on the castle? Are both shows on every day? Is it pheasible to catch both?

4) Do the bars in Disney Village stay open later than usual on St Patricks? How about pubs/bars in Val D'Europe?

Many thanks everyone in advnce for your help :)

grovesie

I can only answer question 3

Yes it is, or was, possible to see both shows but only at the weekend. When I was there a few weeks ago there were 2 showings of the Season of the Force. The earlier was in English and started about 75 minutes before Studio closing time, the later in French.  This would give you enough time to get to see Dreams.

Slimy yet satisfying

1. They have had fireworks for the last few years in addition to the regular Dreams show. Usually just before Dreams starts. The exact time will be confirmed on the programme dated Saturday 11th March.

2. Season of the Force is held only in the Studios and will not be impacted by festivals or events in the main park...business as usual.

3. There are two shows in the Studios each night with the weekend showings at a slightly later time. The English one is usually first, again check the programme for that week. It is completely possible to get from the Studios to the main park for the regular showing of Dreams if you "leg it!" I am not sure you could do that with the St Patrick's Day fireworks as they will likely be on before Dreams.

4. Sorry don't know about timings but I assume they are licensed up to a certain time regardless of festivals. They may has some extra "Irish" entertainment in the Village but I think it will be rolled into their regular schedule.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

samuelvictor

Thank you both for your answers, that eases some of my conerns :D

I phoned customer services and they said that they think the fireworks will be happening but they are not sure why it isn't mentioned on the website. They also said that the bars will be staying open beyond midnight (for example, Billy Bobs has a "musical party" starting at 11:30pm... but they aren't sure exactloy what time everywhere is closing. Semi-helpful but not entirely ;)

I know closer to the time I should be able to view a pdf of the itinaries online for show times etc, does anyone know the link for it so I can bookmark it?

Many thanks again to all :)

samuelvictor

For archive purposes of anyone searching, we've just come back, and as well as the stuff in the village (face painting, live bands) there were Irish dancing shows in the Cinemagique building, and there was a fireworks display in the main park by the castle at 8:30.

Annoyingly it was on at exactly the same time as the Studios Park Star Wars show, so we missed it as we were only there 2 days and wanted to prioritise that. In previous years it has been over lake Disney once the main parks have shut - I wonder if it was moved because of security reasons, or to stop locals coming down for free and making it over crowded?

Oh well, either way we had a great time :) 8)

Thaliel

The move was most likely just because of convenience. They have fireworks storages at the castle anways because of dreams/illuminations, so it is much easier for them tp add the few extra fireworks there. And it was great. IMHO, it was even better than the star wars thing. The castle looked great in green ^. ^
<-Plz click