st patricks day

Started by Thaliel, January 15, 2017, 08:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

we will be in dlp march 14-17. And as march 17th is st patrick's day, I was wondering if anything can be expected in celebration of this occasion in dlp.
I feel like I remember there being celebrations in previous years, but with the bday and all, I am not sure if they will pull it off this year
<-Plz click

loladelorean

I'll also be there and I'm very hopeful that there will be St Patrick's day events like previous years. But the official website only mentions what's happening in the village. Have you found out anything more?
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

samuelvictor

I'll be there as well, I spoke to someone in DLP on the phone about it last week and they said they were pretty sure there would be a fireworks display as usual, and some extra entertainment in the parks, but they weren't sure why it wasn't on the website...

loladelorean

Quote from: samuelvictor on March 07, 2017, 10:45:55 AM
I'll be there as well, I spoke to someone in DLP on the phone about it last week and they said they were pretty sure there would be a fireworks display as usual, and some extra entertainment in the parks, but they weren't sure why it wasn't on the website...

Thank you! I was going to call them, but I won't bother now :) That sounds promising. I found a video on YouTube of the celebrations last year, and it looks fantastic, so I'm really hopeful it will be the same again.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Thaliel

TFW you already packed your suitcase, but didn't pack anything green XD
<-Plz click

samuelvictor

For archive purposes of anyone searching, we've just come back, and as well as the stuff in the village (face painting, live bands) there were Irish dancing shows in the Cinemagique building, and there was a fireworks display in the main park by the castle at 8:30.

Annoyingly it was on at exactly the same time as the Studios Park Star Wars show, so we missed it as we were only there 2 days and wanted to prioritise that. In previous years it has been over lake Disney once the main parks have shut - I wonder if it was moved because of security reasons, or to stop locals coming down for free and making it over crowded?

Oh well, either way we had a great time :) 8)

Thaliel

St pat's was lots of fun. Saw many people dressed in green and with shamrocks motif. Even took a picture of a lovely elderly lady looking all fab for the occasion
<-Plz click