Disneyland Paris hotels and park offers

Started by Rebecca08, February 05, 2017, 06:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebecca08

Hi, we are planning our next trip to Disneyland Paris  ;D I was hoping someone would roughly know what the next deal is? Also if anyone has worked out the order of offers they release? If they do tend to have an order! hopefully someone can help please!! is it best to book directly through Disney or has anyone used magibreaks online?  :D thank you !!

andya

Others may tell you different but there is no way of knowing what offers Disney will come out with. Just because they have done a deal one year doesn't mean they will do it again so I would say just wait until you find a deal you like and get it booked.

We got August this year with under 7s flying free, staying free and tickets free which was fab!

With regards to who to book with, we booked with disney holidays as they worked out the cheapest but have a shop around.

Rebecca08

msRavenswood

It will probably be 30% off plus free half board, unless they don't have such a good offer available now that the anniversary is approaching.

msRavenswood

Also check the french site on Wednesday, there will be a flash sale up to 45% off and kids under 12 stay for free.

claire2281

Quote from: msRavenswood on February 06, 2017, 09:33:08 PM
It will probably be 30% off plus free half board, unless they don't have such a good offer available now that the anniversary is approaching.

Bingo!

Although I have to say, for me, I got a better deal having booked with the extra days and nights free. I paid £200 less than the I would on the current deal and imo the half board plan isn't worth that.

But that's more a personal thing considering I know the eating habits of me and my travelling companion.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

01wdw04

The "best deal" depends on what you're after. In broad terms, there are the "x% off + free half board" offers and the "x days + x nights free" offers. What is best for you will depend on various factors: how many of you there are, when you are looking to book, how long you actually want to go for, how long you can go, etc.

For me, as a mid-20s person with a girlfriend but no kids, a steady job but limited holidays, the % off deals are much better over a 2-night, 3-day long-weekend break than the extra nights free, as I wouldn't always be able to take a full week off work for it, and would end up spending a considerable amount on food.

For others, looking for say a 5-night break, having those extra days & nights free could make a huge difference. Ultimately, you'll have to look at the rates going for when you can/want to go, bearing in mind the costs of meals at Disney, both onsite and in the Village. By giving you 2 free days/nights, Disney are locking you in for 2 extra days of spending on food/merchandise. 2 free nights in peak times will save you a lot more than in the cheapest off-peak times (granted you are paying more for the other nights anyway), whereas the meal prices are fixed, so the maths may work out better depending on dates.

What I would say is that the current UK offer (30% off and free half-board) is one of the better discounts I have seen in recent times, excluding any flash sales. These offers often come in at 15-25% discount.The current French offer is 40%, but doesn't include free half-board, whether that is for better or worse.
DLP - 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2012 x2, 2013
WDW - 2001, 2004
Tokyo - 20?? (tbc)

Andybear

The stay 2 nights, get 2 nights free is the best offer for me because I visit solo and the single room supplement is very high. 

polar vixen

I just  compared the offers for us....current offer of 30 percent off and free half board came in at 1202 for one of the 2 rooms we need.  When I compared this with the French site with 40 percent off and free kids up to age 1w but then added the dining plan that came in at over 1800! Considering now you need to pay for breakfast even going without a dining plan but just adding breakfast adds roughly 495 to our stay so there's no way I could book without the free dining offer. Although I am gutted that the current UK offer no longer includes free kids up to age 7 as it used to, and since we're getting free half board it's jot breakfast on the hotel but a voucher for main Street but at least we can scrape it together and still be able to go.

WookieInParis

Do these discounts tend to run out quickly? I priced out hotels, talked to my husband, then went to the website and all the hotels that I wanted were gone. I finally chose my last choice hotel, then when I put it in my cart, the website went down. ::) I'm hoping when it comes back up, it will still show availability.

dlpowl

Quote from: WookieInParis on February 11, 2017, 01:34:50 AM
Do these discounts tend to run out quickly? I priced out hotels, talked to my husband, then went to the website and all the hotels that I wanted were gone. I finally chose my last choice hotel, then when I put it in my cart, the website went down. ::) I'm hoping when it comes back up, it will still show availability.

Have you considered booking over the phone?  I like the actual conversation when I book because it gives you the chance to ask any questions you may have and even though you may not have any questions now, once you start talking to the agent, questions start popping into your head and it's nice to get answers immediately.  I always book with the Walt Disney Travel Company.  Their number is free to call and the prices have always been the same as booking directly with DLP when I've done it.  They will be able to search all the different rooms and offer you all the available alternatives so that you know you've got the best choice possible for your family.

polar vixen

We needed 2 rooms for our trip. I booked eurostar. Booked one room and then attempted to book the second for the website to say there was no availability.  AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH! insert me in full on panic mode. I phoned up and booked the other room over the phone (there were plenty still available!) Downside is that over the phone you  can't go through a cashback site or anything hut still, it is easier to do.

pigginpink

I booked with Magic Breaks as online I couldn't work out which would be the best deal, and doing this I ended up paying £500.00 less of the online price for June so for two of us to go in June for 5 days four nights with half board dining premium plan, staying in the Disney Hotel was £2,414.00.

Rebecca08

Thanks everyone's! It's just me and my boyfriend and we tend to book the Eurostar separately! What are the most and least busiest times? We've previously enjoyed swing into spring, but would like to try another time of year also, we are just unsure when. Obviously we would rather go when it's not at its most busiest! How do we find any info on this?? we aren't in any rush and can return when suits, but within the 25th anniversary:)

Andybear

I like going to DLP in mid to late September.  My trip in 2014 was 14th-18th September and this year I'm going 25th-29th September.  The kids are back at school and the weather is still good.  Also it's one of the cheapest times of year to go  :)