Beauty and the Beast (2017)

Started by Rocketeer, May 23, 2016, 08:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

Teaser for the live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.

https://youtu.be/Fp0DE1hyO6o

UK 17 March '17
France 29 March '17

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

rebecca20

Literally just been discussing this on a Facebook group. I hate disney live action  :'(
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Ohana

I also dislike how they seem to be making every Disney film a live action, however this looks incredible :D
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

msRavenswood

The teaser gave me the chills! Beauty and the Beast is my favourite Disney movie, so I really hope they don't mess it up!

Slimy yet satisfying

Um. Whilst I enjoy the cartoon element of Disney I think it needs to be pointed out that Disney made cartoons of stories not written by Disney. Therefore there it is not a case of making live action films from cartoons rather live action films from stories written before cartoons existed. I'm sure when authors such as Hans Christian Anderson and Lewis Carroll created their stories they envisaged "real" people in them. Let's face it animation didn't even exist then! Beauty and the Beast was written in France in 1740 for example...no brightly coloured animated teapots then!! 😀
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

never2old

Well, to be fair, they are remaking their own film, with the same characters, even the same songs!

I have to say, when they first announced they were adapting all these live action films, I was quite skeptic. But so far I've loved every single one of them. Cinderella was gorgeous, and Jungle Book simply amazing. And after seeing the teaser, I have very high hopes for Beauty and the Beast. It is probably my favourite Disney film so I'm really excited about it!!

Rocketeer

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

msRavenswood

Rocketeer

Anyone else getting déjà vu though?

Rocketeer

QuoteAriana Grande And John Legend Will Perform The Title Song For "Beauty And The Beast"

GRAMMY nominated and multi-platinum selling artist Ariana Grande and 10-time GRAMMY, Oscar®-winning and multi-platinum selling singer/songwriter/ musician John Legend are set to perform the Oscar and GRAMMY-winning duet "Beauty and the Beast" as the title track for Disney's upcoming soundtrack to the live-action film adaptation "Beauty and the Beast." The song will also be featured in the film.
-WDWNT
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/01/ariana-grande-john-legend-will-perform-title-song-beauty-beast/