California Grill

Started by Oreo, May 18, 2016, 10:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

I'd like to make the most of our premium dining plan.

We already have buffalo bills booked and Walts for Lunch and we are planning to do Annette's diner the day we arrive (although we were told they don't take bookings).

We do like our steaks and we are not big fish lovers. We wanted California Grill as we love the restaurant in Florida and wanted to see how it compared, however we are open to suggestions.

Thanks all for your help  :)

billy

we ate in Remy's, Annettes, Cafe Mickey and Sequoia lodge and all were lovely. i would recommedn them all.
Unfortunately we didnt try other restaurants in the park as they all had last sitting at 5pm and that was way to early for us.
Regardless of the food plan i would stay away from Planet Hollywood, hope this helps :)

Oreo

Quote from: billy on May 20, 2016, 02:21:15 PM
we ate in Remy's, Annettes, Cafe Mickey and Sequoia lodge and all were lovely. i would recommedn them all.
Unfortunately we didnt try other restaurants in the park as they all had last sitting at 5pm and that was way to early for us.
Regardless of the food plan i would stay away from Planet Hollywood, hope this helps :)

Yes thank you  :)

Can I ask the reasons for staying away from planet hollywood?

rebecca20

Quote from: Oreo on May 20, 2016, 02:53:40 PM

If I have meal plan vouchers I wouldn't pay extra and go to Planet Hollywood. It's my least favourite restaurant in the Village and I've eaten at them all now both voucher and non voucher. I just don't think the food is that good and it's usually very very noisy, I usually go for a cocktail and then onto somewhere else to eat.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

billy

Quote from: Oreo on May 20, 2016, 02:53:40 PM

We had a bad experience there, the food wasnt great, my husband ordered the chilli burger which consisted of one jalopeno pepper and wasnt slightly spicy, i had the bbq burger but i couldnt taste any bbq sauce anywhere. the services was horrendous and the manager spoke to us like 5yr olds all in all for the money we paid and  the whole experience it just left a really bad taste especially as it was our last day and our girls were desperate to go. You get better at McDonalds and that's not saying much. I really wish we had done Lucky Nugget instead, but hey ho you live an learn!

MattR

Quote from: billy on May 20, 2016, 11:23:06 AM
Quote from: MattR on May 20, 2016, 10:06:08 AM
Quote from: Oreo on May 19, 2016, 05:17:02 PM
Quote from: polar vixen on May 19, 2016, 05:03:45 PM
not write the same standard of gfood but assuming you have the premium aren't you covered for auberge and buffalo bill?  tge steakhouse in the village looked like it had some expensive options and a nice surroundings

Yes as its our honeymoon my parents have bought us the premium meal plan. We already have booked buffalo bills, and walts (only do lunch).

I might look at the steakhouse didn't realise that was an option on the plan, thank you :)

I can´t recommend the steakhouse esspecially if the you have the option to eat somewhere else for the same money.

I have eaten there two times and the meat quailty was always medicore. I have eaten much better steaks for less and there is also no need to go there for the atmosphere so I really can´t think of any reason to eat there.

We had a lovely steak in Chez Reme, if it is steak you are looking for!

I had one there in 2014 included in the menu. The meat wasn´t very good either. I might be a bit picky but I have eaten better meat on planes. Esspecially considering the price.

One restaurant hardly mentioned I can recommend is Manhattan in the New York hotel

wimmekepunk

Quote from: MattR on May 25, 2016, 07:51:39 AM

I had one there in 2014 included in the menu. The meat wasn´t very good either. I might be a bit picky but I have eaten better meat on planes. Esspecially considering the price.

One restaurant hardly mentioned I can recommend is Manhattan in the New York hotel

I can second that. Our last visit to California Grill dates from December and I think you get a better value for money (and still very good value) at the Manhattan
feb2020 WDW Pop Century+Boardwalk
sep2019 DLP offsite
sep2019 DLP Sequoia
may2019 DLP Sequoia
apr2019 DLR offsite
dec2018 WDW Pop Century+Old Key West
oct2018 DLP Sequoia
jun2018 DLP Sequoia
apr2018 DLP Sequoia
sep2017 DLP Off Site
jan 2017 DLP Sequoia
oct 2016 DLP Sequoia
sep 2016 WDW Saratoga Springs
jun 2016 DLR Off Site
apr 2016 DLP Sequoia
jan 2016 DLP Sequoia
dec 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2015 WDW Off Site
jun 2015 WDW Off Site
apr 2015 DLP Sequoia
oct 2013 DLP Off Site
apr 2013 DLP Off Site

Oreo

Thanks everyone

Unfortunately the Manhattan is closed during our visit.

Still trying to look at alternative options

:)

polar vixen

I loved chez Remy.  but we're not well of dso I can rarely afford  super expensive steak to know if it tastes better