California Grill

Started by Oreo, May 18, 2016, 10:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the California Grill is taking reservations?

We have called three times over the last month and told that they are not accepting reservation.

Can anyone confirm if this restaurant is still open and if not when it is due to be open?

Thanks in advance

daddyof2

My guess is that the California Grill isn't the busiest restaurant so should it be open when you visit, you'll be able to get a table

stifle

It's been closed for refurbishment for a while.

Oreo

Quote from: stifle on May 18, 2016, 01:30:50 PM
It's been closed for refurbishment for a while.

Oh i hope not, there appears to be a lot of things 'closed' while were there already.

Any idea's when it's back open?

daddyof2

Is the Manhattan restaurant open while you're there? I've eaten both there and Walts (both back in 2002 though). The Manhattan has a nice feel, as does the bar at the HNY and it's closer to the SQL for the walk back after a few drinks

Oreo

Spoke to the booking line yesterday they confirmed that california grill is closed and will be open no earlier than the end of June. I seem to be the kiss of death at the moment for attractions and dining lol

Quote from: daddyof2 on May 18, 2016, 04:16:31 PM
Is the Manhattan restaurant open while you're there? I've eaten both there and Walts (both back in 2002 though). The Manhattan has a nice feel, as does the bar at the HNY and it's closer to the SQL for the walk back after a few drinks

Really silly question, where is the Manhattan?  ???

Karen101

its in the New York Hotel :)

Oreo

Manhattan is also closed!  :o

So I've purchased the dining plan and no where to use it  >:(

polar vixen

not write the same standard of gfood but assuming you have the premium aren't you covered for auberge and buffalo bill?  tge steakhouse in the village looked like it had some expensive options and a nice surroundings

Oreo

Quote from: polar vixen on May 19, 2016, 05:03:45 PM
not write the same standard of gfood but assuming you have the premium aren't you covered for auberge and buffalo bill?  tge steakhouse in the village looked like it had some expensive options and a nice surroundings

Yes as its our honeymoon my parents have bought us the premium meal plan. We already have booked buffalo bills, and walts (only do lunch).

I might look at the steakhouse didn't realise that was an option on the plan, thank you :)

Oreo

Quote from: Oreo on May 19, 2016, 05:17:02 PM

Yes as its our honeymoon my parents have bought us the premium meal plan as a little gift. We already have booked buffalo bills, and walts (only do lunch) booked.

I might look at the steakhouse didn't realise that was an option on the plan, thank you :)

Karen101

ive heard the restaurant in the Newport Bay is meant to be lovely if you like sea food.

daddyof2

I like the sound of plenty of items on the blue lagoon and silver spur steakhouse menus

MattR

Yes as its our honeymoon my parents have bought us the premium meal plan. We already have booked buffalo bills, and walts (only do lunch).

I can´t recommend the steakhouse esspecially if the you have the option to eat somewhere else for the same money.

I have eaten there two times and the meat quailty was always medicore. I have eaten much better steaks for less and there is also no need to go there for the atmosphere so I really can´t think of any reason to eat there.

billy

Quote from: MattR on May 20, 2016, 10:06:08 AM

I can´t recommend the steakhouse esspecially if the you have the option to eat somewhere else for the same money.

I have eaten there two times and the meat quailty was always medicore. I have eaten much better steaks for less and there is also no need to go there for the atmosphere so I really can´t think of any reason to eat there.

We had a lovely steak in Chez Reme, if it is steak you are looking for!