Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiyo

Ah, alright, thank you Natalie ^^

Yeah, sending a CV and coverletter, that's what I did ^^.
So you think, they invited everyone, who applied on the website?

I think, the reason, why the are doing open and private ones is, to get as most people as possible to see.
But the applying on the website means a little bit more bureaucracy, which means more money to spend (they hold your forms on their webspace).

But if you do an application, the company has the chance to choose, which person they want to see.

So, if that is right, it's  good for me, cause it means they want me to see *giggle* Makes proud... a little bit *lol*

But you're right, you can't know how they decide, and why the decide... that's only Disney logic ^^
The best thing to do is not to think about it -  I learned a year long

(But sometimes I do... bad girl XD)

alaina82

Hey Guys

Just thought id post a quick update on here!!

So today was day 2 of training. Yesterday we got given a pack of who our 'friends' could be...lucky me has 19 friends to get to know  :D  Im best friends with a certain yellow bear this week but it can change every day, u never know until you sign in that morning.

Training is fun...but HOT!! Paris has also been really warm these last few days which doesnt help and the costumes are somewhat restrictive. Had a couple of people come in today to see if your face fits but im not holding out much hope  :(

Managed to watch the parade just as it left the backstage area and then took advantage of everyone watchin the parade by having a go on Space Mountain. Temp was still really warm so went via the ice cream shop to get some Ben & Jerrys....a good end to the day! Still seems surreal walking through the park and knowing that u work there, also seeing all the guests leaving and feeling sad that their Disney dream holiday is over whereas i'll be going back day after day. Makes me feel very fortunate....hopefully some of you will be able to come out and join me, Luke and Lewis soon  :D

_Natalie_x

Aw alaina your look on things is so disney -_-  i would feel like that.. so upset for everyone leaving, but then i guess it gives you an extra incentive, knowing that you are making their last days as magical and special as the first :)
And ooooooh im liking the sound of that lil yellow bear !! so cute and the kids will go mad over you !!! :D    exciting !! <3  
hope you're having an unbelievable time out there, and by the sounds of it you are cherishing every day! woo! xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Chiyo

Yeah,  Alaina, I know the feeling: walking through the park and knowing, that you work there. That's an amazing feeling.
It gave me shivers all the time, when I realized it :)

Glad to hear, that you're okay over there (okay, I guess more than just "okay", right?) and having fun...
So when I visit DLP on Halloween I will say hello to a cute yellow bear *smile* Some honey? :)

It's warm in Paris?
Gnaaaah, now I know why I'm freezing here in Germany and we have lots rain these days :( Wanna be in Paris too :)

so, enjoy your days at Disney  and spread the magic :)

itslewis

n

vickyadams

Just joined this after reading all about the auditions :-) I went to the one in Leeds on Sunday and got through both rounds! but then got a card saying they contact you if a contract comes up so fingers crossed :-S does anyone who went know if anyone was given a contract on the day? x

itslewis

_Natalie_x

Hey guys, its not all bad! i was offered a christmas temp job at the disney store todaaayy! <3 yay!! so excited !! can actually say im an official CM soon ;) <3 xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hey guys, its not all bad! i was offered a christmas temp job at the disney store todaaayy! <3 yay!! so excited !! can actually say im an official CM soon ;) <3 xx
Well done you xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Chiyo

Oh, that are great news, Natalie. Congratulations!

Yeah, after I saw, that you applied for the Disneystore, I thought, that would be a alternative to DLP,,if I don't get the job there.
But I'm not really sure. Yes, I want to leave Germany, and yes, I want to work with Disney, but actually I want to work in the parks.
So I'm still thinking about the Disneystore.

But I wish you a great time there. It's also so much Disney, and selling Disney merchandise is so nice... especially when you can do merchentainment: just playing with the stuff, kind of promoting it in a funny kind :) I loved to do  it, when I worked in Disneyworld!

Naveen02

Heyy everyone!

Ive just read all 37 pages (I'm a slow reader so it took ages!!) and decided to register. Someday I hope to play Naveen in the parks (hence username) I wouldn't say no to Aladdin either -- well i wouldn't say no to anything actually! I'm around 5'8 or 5'9 so I think that'd be okay for those characters. I can do Naveen's accent easily (I'm part Spanish and my dad kinda sounds like him lol) but if you was cast as, for example Aladdin, would they teach you the accent, or would you need to learn it yourself? I'm no good with American accents!! It doesn't really matter for now since I'm only 16 so have to wait 2 years :( Ah well, time will pass by. Thanks for everyone who's contributed to this thread!

Good luck to everyone who's auditioning or on the waiting list! I'm sure you'll get through eventually even if its not right away. You all have fantastic personalities so Disney will hire you all one day!! I think you'd all be fun to work with, so hopefully Disney will see that (if they don't then its their loss!) - Mason and Laura I'm sure they'll contact you soon, and if they don't just stay positive and keep auditioning! The same to you Chiyo and Natalie :) And anyone else! Also hope Lewis, Alaina and Luke are having a great time in Paris, hopefully you'll still be working there in 2 years! :D

P.S. You can call me Carlos (hate my name!!)  :shock:

Mason Cooper

Firstly! WELL DONE NATALIE!!!! One step closer to Disney! Woop woop lol

Secondly! Thank you for your kind words naveen02 hopefully I will get the call soon!

Finally, I had a friend who auditioned yesterday, and she got through to the waiting list for Parade and character performers! I've given her the link to this website and she is gonna check it out and hopefully post her experience on here!

Hope everyone is well!

Started dance at college today, alongside my course! So gonna hurt tomorrow! Haha

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Mason Cooper

Oh and I forgot to add, sorry to hear you didn't get through Peterpan88! Hope you enjoyed the audition though and do re-audition! Next time you might get through! :)

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

HEY CARLOS welcome to the forum!!   Dont be silly your name is lovely :)
its ok if you're only young, probably better.. gives you lots of time to prepare !! And also its better knowing what you want to do now rather than realising when your 35 or something and its too late !!!  
Were here to support you 100% like with everyone on this forum so if you have any questions about anything just let us know -_-
By the looks of the website, (www.disneylandparis-casting.com)  they alwyas needs naveens and aladdins because they have seperate auditions just to find those characters.. im not sure if they are only in America / France though.. but its something to ask the CDs at one of the auditions :)
Hope you've enjoyed reading all the thread and found it usefull... even though we do talk some right rubbish at times :p haha!!

Natalie xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Naveen02

No problem Mason :) Have you emailed Daniel (I think thats his name?) again? Sorry if youve already said this, i cant remember!

Thanks Natalie! And yeah i know what you mean, it's better to decide something like this early on because you probably have a lot more chances.
Oh cool, I didnt actually know they did auditions for seperate characters. I'd feel really paranoid though because i'd be thinking "Ahh they all look much more like Naveen (or whoever) than I do!" so I think I'd feel a bit more pressured. But to be honest i dont think that many people would turn up for the seperate auditions (I could be wrong) so maybe you just apply for that character and send your CV/Picture so they know what character you're hoping for when they see you at the audition? But tbh i could be wrong, i dont know anything haha!

Yeah I've enjoyed reading this thread, usually i'd get bored reading 37 pages on a forum but i honestly didnt! Haha noo you dont talk rubbish! But anyway it makes me laugh :D