Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Natalie_x

Haha yeah good idea Kelly.Dylan!  But i reckon theres so many people with my dream, they arnt gonna give special treatment and anyway id want to get in because im good enough,, not out of sympathy! Haha!  Dont worry my day will come ;)
i can be the big success story like everyone celebrating FINALLY!  :P
well you're all invited to my leaving party in the future when the day finally comes! :P Hhah!! xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

ps. Peterpan88 its your audition now.. hope its going fab! <3  and hope for some good news later -_- xxxx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Alfie

Hey guys,

Just got out. Sadly got cut after the dancing round, but proud of myself for going alone and holding my own :) will give a proper post later :)

Tinker30

Hi all,
Newbie here and I have been reading this post with interest!!  After just coming back from an amazing trip from Florida, i am missing Disney like crazy!!!  After a really bad 4 months personally, and coming back to a job i really dont enjoy, i have decided a change of scenery is needed and am looking to do something completely different and stumbled across this forum!  I have just turned 30 (which i hope wont go against me!) 5ft and i have danced as a hobby, but unproffessionally for 25 years.  I was very much thinking of going to the London auditions tomorrow, but i only found this site yesterday, and have decided to prepare myself and wait for the next lot.  Best of luck to anyone already on the waiting list, trying out today, or trying out at the next set like me!!  This post is great!!

Chiyo

Hallo together!

I still don't know what I wanted to write yesterday anymore, but there some more things going on here.

First of all: Welcome to Tinker30, nice to have you here!

I'm not one of the oldest here anymore - was already wondering, if I'm too old. But I think, you're always young like you feel. So that's really okay. We're all having fun, no matter what, right?

Oh, PeterPan, that's too bad, why did they cut you...? I'm sure, you were very good - you made it through the dancing stage!
 I want to hear, that somebody got through... I want to hear positive news!
But just keep trying, someday we're going to be all together in DLP as Performers and we'll rock the parks :)

Thanks heffalumpy for your informations about the shapes. I'm wondering, why I didn't thought of that.... cause I already wore costumes, which were  male characters. And even that I'm wearing to nice tons in front of me ;) they were all flat then ^^
(If you want to see pictures, just ask :) )

So I went ahead today, and bought a minimizer bra and  something like  pants, which create a flat stomach. It's just  a small difference, but it makes you feel better, and that's what you're going to show.
And at least, I can say, I tried everything :)

Going to auditions a few times is good for you who live in UK, but I have to leave my country every time when I want to audition. That is a lot of money and time I have to spent. Actually the money comes from the jobagency, but I'm afraid, that they pay that only one time. If I get cut, bad luck. Then I have to save money for the next journey to Paris, if I want to.
So that's reason, why I hope to get a contract, but I know, this is very unrealistic.
But what I can do is, asking, if they are doing auditions in Germany, what I don't know at the moment, and  I haven't found anything like that yet...

So, once again good luck to everyone here, who is new or still on the waiting list. I'm sure, that our dreams will come true - someday and somehow :)

Greetings from Germany
Chiyo ^^

_Natalie_x

Hey Tinker welcome to the forum!     To be honest, if its not too much hassle for you tomorrow, i really think you should go to the audition!! I know you might not feel ready etc, but it would be really great for you to get a feel for the day, i mean we can describe in so much detail, but theres nothing like being there and seeing how everyone is, getting a first hand experience! and if you get cut, then at least you'll know what to expect next time, and you'll have a much better chance :)
this is just my opinion -_- if its alot of faffing around and you really dont want to go then obviously dont ! But it might be a good few months til the next one now (maybe even next year), and we wouldnt want you to regret not going and having that experience.

Being almost 30 shouldnt go against you, you sound like a perfect height for what they love and if your a dancer then even better :D  Alaina who is over there now as a CM is 28 :)

To sum up. Welcome to the forum & thread, any questions you've got, feel free to ask away!! :D
Natalie xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Alfie

So, you all know what happens at the audition as you've all been there, so I won't bore you all with that... But what a fun audition it was. It was my first open audition since graduating from college, so I was really proud of myself for going by myself as all my mates pulled out and not creasing my face up and swearing when I went wrong.

The slideshow/presentation makes you so up for it, I was pretty much drooling at all of it. Lol. Then thanks to you guys, I knew what was coming with the animation round so when we was all practicing, I was busting out my moves from last night, and stole a few from the people on the floor. After this, they call out about 150ish numbers and I wanted to cry as my number wasn't in there, but then Daniel told us these were the people being cut. So yay!

Then on to the dance. Now I've spent 3 years at musical theatre college, but it scares the hell out of me. But I thought I might aswell give it my best shot, and to my surprise, I wasn't the worst dancer in the room. Far from it. It actually gave me a confidence boost. I managed to do the whole dance and only freak out at one point. I'm not sure if they were looking at me at that point, but I carried on with my best cheesy grin. From where I was standing, I could see Daniel's assistant pointing to my form and writing stuff, but then when they put them into piles there was 2 forms being moved around, so I'm not sure what was going on, but unfortunately that was where it ended for me.

I think I'm not as gutted as I thought purely because of making it through an audition situation on my own without freaking out.

So I've come home and recorded the dance so before the next one, I can go over it. Pah!!

But it was a brilliant day, so smiles all round. And also on the website it says Peter Pan 152-170 which they state is 5ft-5ft7 although they measured me at 171.5cm which according to one convertor is 5ft6 and another 5ft7.5. However, judging by cm's, I'm 1.5cm too tall for Pan. NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tinker30

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome messages!!  I would love to have gone to the auditions tomorrow, but i have a commitment that i really cant get out of now, so i will read through all these great informative posts and keep an eager eye out for the next one!!  Love hearing all the updates from the CM already out there!!  Thats too bad Peter Pan but you will be mega prepared for the next one and will hopefully get on that waiting list or be cast!!

_Natalie_x

Oh thats fair enough tinker :)   PeterPan, how hard was the dance? Like could you write a few steps just so we ge the jist? I think the dance i learnt the first time in march was very easy compared to what you guys are talking about !! xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Alfie

It started out quite simple then gradually got harder. First step was circle the arms, then step dig to the left, then step dig to the right with the arms, but it gradually turned into single turn, step over, slide, twist turn, step, step, with a load of ball changes and stuff. It wasn't difficult, just a lot to take in.

Has it changed then?

Also,

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "peterpan88"It started out quite simple then gradually got harder. First step was circle the arms, then step dig to the left, then step dig to the right with the arms, but it gradually turned into single turn, step over, slide, twist turn, step, step, with a load of ball changes and stuff. It wasn't difficult, just a lot to take in.

Has it changed then?

Also,

It sounds like the same dance we did back in July!!!

Peterpan88 do you remember any of the lyrics or know what the song was called! I've been trying to find it everywhere!

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Alfie

If I heard it, I'd probably be able to know what it was, but I didn't pick up on any lyrics. Was concentrating too hard on the dance. They played it about a million times though!!

_Natalie_x

haha actually sounds kinda like the dance i had to do in March.. maybe they just change them slightly each time :)
id like film me doing it and post it but that would be an epic fail on my part :) haahahah :P
this is the song we did ours too.. :) just incase !! ;)
[youtube:23lxw4fx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6GoxGuKio&feature=related[/youtube:23lxw4fx]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Chiyo

Something completely different: I always read, that your're going to "open" auditions....

I applied on the website from Disneyland Paris and got an e-mail, which says: "private audition call"
So, do you know what's the difference?

I mean, okay, I know, "open" means that everyone can come.
But they do "private auditions" only for people who applied for the job in order to get invited to the audition?

I'm a little bit confused about that in the moment.

Is there somebody who can help me? :)

(Yeah, many ways to be busy while waiting for that special day, when I will go to  audition :D )

_Natalie_x

The one today etc is an open audition so it was on the website for anyone to just turn up and you didnt have to apply.
The one in July that I went to was on the website for a short while, you had to send your CV in with a cover letter, then i assume everyone who did that got an invite telling you the place, time and date.
People who didnt apply could not turn up because there was no where online telling just anybody where and when it was. I dont know why that one was private and this time was open.. not sure how they decide and if they cut numbers down at all when they receive the applications, but i just assume everyone is invited. :) x
Here we are... <3[/b]