Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjsmith1992

WendyDarling,

How long after your interview did u find out you got the position?

WendyDarling

Quote from: "sjsmith1992"WendyDarling,

How long after your interview did u find out you got the position?
My interview was the 12th March (I think) and the summer contracts were emailed to everyone around the 19th April. So only about 5 weeks after the interview!

DisneyG83

Hey guys,
just a quick question, does Disneyland Paris over like a summer contract like June to August?
 :)
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

WendyDarling

Quote from: "DisneyG83"Hey guys,
just a quick question, does Disneyland Paris over like a summer contract like June to August?
 :)
Yes they offer all different types of contracts. The beginning of June to the end of August would be the most popular contract, so if you're free to work for the full 3 months you stand a good chance. I think the minimum contract you can get for summer is 8 weeks.

sjsmith1992

wendydarling,

Did u work there last summer and just get another contract or did u have an interview this summer aswell? and were u put into the talent pool and then given the position a bit after or which?

Yvette92

Hello everyone,

I am applying for a job in Disneyland, preferably in a restaurant,  starting at the beginning of June. I had my interview in London last week. Thankfully got in the Talent pool a couple of days later. Now I am wondering when and should I be expecting a contract soon ?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply to my query !

WendyDarling

Quote from: "sjsmith1992"wendydarling,

Did u work there last summer and just get another contract or did u have an interview this summer aswell? and were u put into the talent pool and then given the position a bit after or which?
Hi, I worked there last Christmas, and I got an email in January asking me would I like a summer contract and I rang them up to say yes.  I didn't have to be interviewed again.  

As for the talent pool, I was waiting a really long time! I didn't get offered a summer contract, so I had been in the talent pool since March, and I didn't hear from them until October, when they offered me a Christmas contract.

The people who got offered summer contracts last year (in Ireland anyway...) they had their interview in March and about 5 weeks later they were offered summer contracts.

hakunamatata

Hi! Does anyone know if, for summer contracts, they wait until they have finished all the interviews before giving out contracts?
I was interviewed in France in February and found out pretty soon after that I was in the talent pool but have heard nothing since... I know GB/Ireland interviews were more recently so thought maybe they wait until theyve seen everyone?
Also does anyone know when is the latest date they can contact you for a summer contract? I told them I could start in May so wondering how long I should wait before accepting that I'm not employed haha :(

hakunamatata

Hi! Does anyone know if, for summer contracts, they wait until they have finished all the interviews before giving out contracts?
I was interviewed in France in February and found out pretty soon after that I was in the talent pool but have heard nothing since... I know GB/Ireland interviews were more recently so thought maybe they wait until theyve seen everyone?
Also does anyone know when is the latest date they can contact you for a summer contract? I told them I could start in May so wondering how long I should wait before accepting that I'm not employed haha :(

swooddow

Hi got a question for you guys , my Disney peeps ! haha

I recently auditioned and got through as a character. So obviously i am extremely overwhelmed and happy by that . I am on the waiting list and have been since my audition date 21st march and was wondering how long they take to offer contracts for entertainment, roughly. and do they contact you vire phone or email ?  I am Sooo anxious have been checking emails twice a day !!! Thanks guys , I don't know about you but i really feel a sense of community and family when on this forum. One Disney fan looking out for another ! haha :)

swooddow

ok another question my friends,
since reading through the posts i was looking through trying to find the music , i know the party gras is still the same for the animation ( gave me shivers thinking about the audition and seemed to make me feel nervous for no reason ! ) also the dance music , for the dancing section ( round 2) that has changed since 2010 when someone posted it.  anyone who has also recently been, in march or this year what was the music used in the dance section. you could here mickey laugh at the end if i remember correctly.  cheers guys !!! and keep dreaming ! :)
from
Sam

swooddow

ok , seems to only be me on here atm , haha ow well! haha.
I have just found out the new music for the auditions this year , in the dance section (round 2) that is. This is what they played at the march london auditions 21st and 22nd this year. it was the 'Soundsational parade music' search it on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Aw9mdKfuc   there it is , good luck to everyone taking an audition this year !! ..... im so anxious at the moment as on the waiting list for a character only performer and its been 3 weeks already since the audition !!! PANIC !!! :s

Christie

Hey guys!

Its great to read these posts, everyone seems to be in a similar position! I went to an interview in London on the 26th and then heard I was in the talent pool a few days later  :D  I've been looking through this forum and it seems people heard about Summer contracts on the 19th of April last year so I don't know if that means it will be around that time for  this years talent pool??? I'm just trying not to get too excited, from reading through the forum not everybody gets a summer contract even if you are in the talent pool. Crazy excited, but just want to know!! So I guess we wait until around the 19th???

Great to chat to you guys!  :D

Christie

Quote from: "Yvette92"Hello everyone,

I am applying for a job in Disneyland, preferably in a restaurant,  starting at the beginning of June. I had my interview in London last week. Thankfully got in the Talent pool a couple of days later. Now I am wondering when and should I be expecting a contract soon ?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply to my query !

Hey Yvette! :D

I also had an interview on the 26th of March and got a reply a few days later saying I was in the talent pool. I've been reading through this forum and it looks like the summer contracts were emailed out on the 19th of April last year. So maybe they will be out around that time this year? But it also looks like even if you are in the talent pool you may not get offered a summer contract... I'm going crazy as I just want to know!! It would be amazing to work at Disney, the suspense is killing me! It looks like most people do, but I'm so nervous and really just want to know!

Hope this helps, also I hope I haven't just worried you more.....sorry! I hope we hear soon!!
xxx

swooddow

hay Christie,

congrats on getting in the talent pool !!! amazing !! , I am in the same thing but for auditions , the talent pool/waiting list. Same here soo nervous and i just really want to know and get out there ! Glad to hear someone is in the same situation as me haha. Year apparently jobs may be slim this year so we can only hope for the best !! what area did u apply to work in ? and what are your contract dates ? would be cool if we both ended up working there this summer ? :)