Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadarw

Quote from: "DisneyHolli"im still on the waiting list :( i have been since April 4th ! x Im waiting as a character performer ( only) , any one else had any luck with this position? i know waiting can be long, but sometimes they actually do contact you really late after your audition, i know of this one person who got called 5 months after her audition, went out as a character performer, and then got trained and become a character AND parade performer x ! There is HOPE OUT THERE <3
Feel really lost in the this sea of "waiting list" performers x there must be 400+ now , after all the auditions in Europe !

<3 "Almost there "

Do you really think there is 400 in the waiting list?
 so why are they doing another audition if they have so many people all ready? :-(
I'm flying to the audition at Paris in may 30 ...
Do i even stand a chance with so many already in the waiting list?

I hope you get a call soon:-) don't lose your hope

Maxime

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Well...ME TOO!   :D/

aaah okay, have you heard anything? And what is your "start date" then?

MJLiisu

Quote from: "Deirdre"Quick question, regarding transport I know Disney comp around 75% of the cost to work and the residences but do you know if this also applies to getting in and out of the city centre?

Nope. As much as I know 75% is only for zones 4 and 5. So for other zones 1(the heart of Paris), 2 and 3 u have to pay all with ur own money.

MJLiisu

Quote from: "tarajanelovesshoes"does anybody know if there is opportunity to stay on working for longer if you choose a CDI? For example if it's supposed to finish 30/09/12 could you continue to work until jan/feb?

Yup, it's possible but then u just need to talk to ur manager and ask them if u could stay for longer period. I know a girl who was suppose to work onlt for 3 months and decided to stay longer so she ended up staying in Disney for over a year :)

DisneyHolli

Quote from: "hadarw"
Quote from: "DisneyHolli"im still on the waiting list :( i have been since April 4th ! x Im waiting as a character performer ( only) , any one else had any luck with this position? i know waiting can be long, but sometimes they actually do contact you really late after your audition, i know of this one person who got called 5 months after her audition, went out as a character performer, and then got trained and become a character AND parade performer x ! There is HOPE OUT THERE <3
Feel really lost in the this sea of "waiting list" performers x there must be 400+ now , after all the auditions in Europe !

<3 "Almost there "

Do you really think there is 400 in the waiting list?
 so why are they doing another audition if they have so many people all ready? :-(
I'm flying to the audition at Paris in may 30 ...
Do i even stand a chance with so many already in the waiting list?

I hope you get a call soon:-) don't lose your hope

hey ^^ yeh i really do think there are ALOT of people waiting.... think.. there all on the waiting list for 6 months.. theres   been about 5 auditions since i did mine! and there was people before me , who were waiting :( x they just know what there looking for, and i really think there looking for face characters... obvs they have to dance .
hopefully one day <3 this is my second time on the waiting list
good luck with your Paris audition. are u from the uk?
^^

alexcutting

Hey guys, I recieved an email on friday afternoon telling me to ring on monday if im interested in a waitressing contract that finishes on 30th september which i can't do as i'm starting uni this year and i enroll a week or so before that. They also offered me "commis de cuisine" which has more suitable dates but just wondered if anyone knew what this job involves? I think it's just helping out in the kitchen?

tarajanelovesshoes

I should think it is a bit like a KP, a bit laborious but a job...at disneyland...so awesome anyway XD

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "Maxime"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"Well...ME TOO!   :D/

aaah okay, have you heard anything? And what is your "start date" then?

I have emailed with the casting director often these days. First, my start date was 1st july, then I changed it to 20th june (actually 17th may, but I have some projects going on in July and August (I'm in a dance/theatre group and we have the change to perform at Lowlands Festival, woohoo) and I really want to do both, but I think I can't do it because I've heard that you can't get days off in July and August). So have been thinking a lot and I come to the decision that I really want to go to Disneyland Paris, so If it happens first, I'm going to take my chance on Disney and not performing on Lowlands Festival (Much better than performing on Lowlands and not going to Disney at all). So, I'm going to send a email today or tomorrow with my new information and hopefully I get the chance to goooooooo!  What's your start date? Do have an end date?
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

gldc

It seems that things are working slightly differently this summer/year, as the lady said to me on the phone they have hired A LOT of people as CDDs for the entire 20th anniversary as they really are banking on there being more people there year-round. Unfortunately that means that jobs this summer are rarer than before...however there are SOME still out there but fewer than usual at DLP.

Also they usually send out offers by department: so attractions all at once, then restaurants, then boutiques, etc. (not necessarily in that order).
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

m12

hi everyone :) has anyone tried to call the numbers given by email for shop positions? I've been trying the last half an hour and none of them are working. I'm from Ireland and the only number that actually rang was redirected to an Irish office! I emailed Christine but no reply!

phoebe1

Well, I've also received an e-mail last Friday for shop positions but the numbers are not working. I'm currently in Greece and I was wondering if I'd rather send an e-mail...

fabmoolah

Calling. Not connecting.

[strike:2vnhbc13][/strike:2vnhbc13]

m12

Quote from: "phoebe1"Well, I've also received an e-mail last Friday for shop positions but the numbers are not working. I'm currently in Greece and I was wondering if I'd rather send an e-mail...

I send them an email just there explaining that the numbers werent working and gave all my details but I havent heard back!I really want to work in Disneyland so hopefully an email is ok!!Thank youu! :)

phoebe1

Retry! I've just called them and it worked! I start on the 23rd June! Congrats to everyone!

m12

Quote from: "phoebe1"Retry! I've just called them and it worked! I start on the 23rd June! Congrats to everyone!

Did you have to speak in French? What did they ask you?