Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarajanelovesshoes

Quote from: "morjen"Hey everyone,

Just wondering did anyone who was at the London auditions on the 10,11,12th of January who were put in talent pool for jobs around the park (boutique, restauraunt etc) hear anything from Disney yet? :)

My friend and I went to that audition for those jobs, we were last for the interview! We both got into the talent pool but are waiting to hear, it is sooo stressful! I just wanna know, now!

NotreClaire

Quote from: "Nao"@Tiffanyfinsy hmm it's odd I didn't hear them say anything about it on Friday and can't find it on the site. Maybe they don't have it any more? I certainly hope not. I really want to re-audition in June!
In june? May I know, where will you re-audition and how and where do you apply for that? :)
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

Nao

@NotreClaire well, since I have final exams (eindexamens) there's pretty much zero chance of me being able to audition before that. They hold monthly auditions in Paris most of the time so I hope they will continue to do that in summer. I'm super scared they will stop that because they are going on this mass-audition/casting spree because of the summer but I REALLY want to work in summer so idk if they'll still hand out summer contracts after June because if not I'm pretty screwed since I have to be home by November/December which would be impossible if I got a contract for minimum 4 months in like September :S I'll send my resume to the Paris ones just like you did. The general rule is if you apply in April you'll get invited to the May ones, etc. So you get invited to the ones from the next month. You have chance even if you are not a French person, they are open to everyone except if they are planning an audition in your country. I applied a while ago and they told me to wait for the Dutch auditions. But in May I think I'll send my resume again. I wish I had one more chance like RIGHT NOW but I guess I'll have to wait at least these two months and fingers crossed that they ditched the 6/3-month rule.
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

DisneyHolli

Quote from: "Nao"@NotreClaire well, since I have final exams (eindexamens) there's pretty much zero chance of me being able to audition before that. They hold monthly auditions in Paris most of the time so I hope they will continue to do that in summer. I'm super scared they will stop that because they are going on this mass-audition/casting spree because of the summer but I REALLY want to work in summer so idk if they'll still hand out summer contracts after June because if not I'm pretty screwed since I have to be home by November/December which would be impossible if I got a contract for minimum 4 months in like September :S I'll send my resume to the Paris ones just like you did. The general rule is if you apply in April you'll get invited to the May ones, etc. So you get invited to the ones from the next month. You have chance even if you are not a French person, they are open to everyone except if they are planning an audition in your country. I applied a while ago and they told me to wait for the Dutch auditions. But in May I think I'll send my resume again. I wish I had one more chance like RIGHT NOW but I guess I'll have to wait at least these two months and fingers crossed that they ditched the 6/3-month rule.

hey are you talking about performing jobs? or jobs in the shops?

Cendrillon

Just wondering did anyone who was at the London auditions on the 10,11,12th of January who were put in talent pool for jobs around the park (boutique, restauraunt etc) hear anything from Disney yet? :)

Mine was in November and I'm still waiting!

@Tiffanyfinsy: congratulations! I really hope you get the call soon, you completely deserve this opportunity (:

DisneyHolli

Quote from: "Cendrillon"

ahh i know that feeling x what role was it for? i didnt pass that audition x but passed in April x

Nao

@DisneyHolli I am talking about performing jobs indeed. But you were asking about when you will hear something from then when you've passed right? I was just talking about if you apply your resume you get invited to the auditions the month after. Because for the Paris ones you need to actually apply and they can even say "no sorry" if they don't think your resume or picture suits their needs so you won't even get the chance to audition sometimes but yeah haha.

rhansford9

I was at the audition on the 10th and am in the talent pool at the mo but still haven't heard anything. It's so frustrating!!

DisneyHolli

Quote from: "Nao"@DisneyHolli I am talking about performing jobs indeed. But you were asking about when you will hear something from then when you've passed right? I was just talking about if you apply your resume you get invited to the auditions the month after. Because for the Paris ones you need to actually apply and they can even say "no sorry" if they don't think your resume or picture suits their needs so you won't even get the chance to audition sometimes but yeah haha.

ohh yes i know, i have a friend in belgium who applys regularly x
she always goes, they always accept, but no luck :(

Nao

@DisneyHolli aww how terrible! I know how she must feel, when I didn't get through the dance round I felt really really bad. ): I hope she makes it one day!!

Astya

@Tiffanyfinsy - which day did you go in November in the UK??  I was there :)  How far did you get that time?  I really hope I can pass the dance next time!!  What did you put on your CV??  Ahhh!!  So excited for you :)  (and a bit jealous... hehe)

Keep seeing Natalie's pics and statuses on facebook, sooooo want to go out there!

NotreClaire

Quote from: "Nao"@DisneyHolli? I was just talking about if you apply your resume you get invited to the auditions the month after. Because for the Paris ones you need to actually apply and they can even say "no sorry" if they don't think your resume or picture suits their needs so you won't even get the chance to audition sometimes but yeah haha.
Did you send them a picture? Because I assumed you applied through disneylandparis-casting.com, but I can't send a photo with my resume. Or am I just misunderstanding you?
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,

NotreClaire

Quote from: "Nao"@NotreClaire well, since I have final exams (eindexamens) there's pretty much zero chance of me being able to audition before that. They hold monthly auditions in Paris most of the time so I hope they will continue to do that in summer. I'm super scared they will stop that because they are going on this mass-audition/casting spree because of the summer but I REALLY want to work in summer so idk if they'll still hand out summer contracts after June because if not I'm pretty screwed since I have to be home by November/December which would be impossible if I got a contract for minimum 4 months in like September :S I'll send my resume to the Paris ones just like you did. The general rule is if you apply in April you'll get invited to the May ones, etc. So you get invited to the ones from the next month. You have chance even if you are not a French person, they are open to everyone except if they are planning an audition in your country. I applied a while ago and they told me to wait for the Dutch auditions. But in May I think I'll send my resume again. I wish I had one more chance like RIGHT NOW but I guess I'll have to wait at least these two months and fingers crossed that they ditched the 6/3-month rule.

Thanks for the information :) I guess "we're on the same boat" (haha if that's also an English phrase ;P) then. I can really find myself in the sentence "I want one more chance right now". I screwed up big time last time because I was so overwhelmed with the size of the audition. I felt like my legs were made of pudding, I hated myself afterwards because I have done things like this before. Maybe it's so nervewrecking because I really REALLY want this..

Quote from: "Nao"The general rule is if you apply in April you'll get invited to the May ones, etc. So you get invited to the ones from the next month. You have chance even if you are not a French person, they are open to everyone except if they are planning an audition in your country.

It's seems a little unfair to me that the auditions are always open for French people :( . But by the way, would you think that they invite everyone over for an interview? And if not, how would they select the people that get an invitation?

Goshh, so many questions.. I wish I could just redo last friday. :(
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,

DisneyBud

Cendrillon

Quote from: "DisneyHolli"
Quote from: "Cendrillon"

ahh i know that feeling x what role was it for? i didnt pass that audition x but passed in April x

Oh, mine was for the guest service roles - hopefully vendeuse boutique (:

@doug89: I think you were right to email them back straight away. Have you heard anything now that the weekend's over? If you don't hear anything by the end of the week, I think you should definitely email them again and just emphasise how eager and enthusiastic you are for the job and say that you really hope you can come to an agreed change of dates so that you can have this opportunity.