Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

@NotreClaire - thanks!

Just seen they're auditioning again in London...weird that it's so soon after the last, and they're looking for loads of princesses!  I don't get why when they must have sooo many people on their books waiting for contracts.  On the plus side, the heights they want look taller than before so maybe there's hope for me yet as I'm 5ft 7 if not a little more...

@Tiffany - Dyou have any idea what they looked at you for?  What characters?  So hope you get the call soon :)

morjen

Okay thanks everyone, I hope they just let us know soon, its so difficult trying to make other plans for summer in case Disneyland doesn't email!

NotreClaire

Quote from: "Astya"@NotreClaire - thanks!

Just seen they're auditioning again in London...weird that it's so soon after the last, and they're looking for loads of princesses!  I don't get why when they must have sooo many people on their books waiting for contracts.  On the plus side, the heights they want look taller than before so maybe there's hope for me yet as I'm 5ft 7 if not a little more...

In London again? Really? When? :D I was planning on a trip to Nice in France this June for an audition, but London is easier for me to go to! Could you please tell me more? Once I read your comment, I immediately went to disneylandparis-casting.com, but I can't find it!

And about the heights; damn, I hope not! I've got the feeling that I'm pretty small (around 167 cm or something like that). Do princesses really have to be so tall..? :/ And how do you get the information of what heights they are looking for?
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

Astya

http://www.disneyauditions.com/calendar/index.html

If you look here, select Disneyland Paris, then click on the London auditions, there's a list of heights.  Haven't seen it before on the audition adverts.

It says -

Rapunzel - 5ft4-5ft7 (162-171 cm)
Sleeping Beauty - 5ft4-5ft7(163-170 cm)
Ariel - 5ft5-5ft7 (164-170 cm)
Cinderella - 5ft3-5ft7 (161-171 cm)
Belle - 5ft5-5ft7 (165-171 cm)
Snow White - 5ft3-5ft7 (160-170 cm)

NotreClaire

@Astya: Thank you so much for that website and the quick reply! I have always been focussing on disneyland-casting.com!  :D So.. are you planning on going to an upcoming audition?  :)
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,

NotreClaire

May be an odd question, but how would you know if you would have a decent shot at auditioning for a "Look-a-like"?

I saw that the English audition casts look-a-likes only, while the other castings also look for Disney Character, Parade and Character Look-alike Performers. England may be easier for me to go to, but I guess I will have more chance if I go to the audition in Nice, because I might become a furry if they don't see me as the next Rapunzel or Ariel.
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,

Astya

No problem :)  That site seems much more comprehensive!

Oh I've no idea!  Thing is, you'd look totally different with a load of make-up and a wig!  I don't know how you can tell if you look like a character.  I won't go, no, because I couldn't start in May/June...it's weird watching the auditions go by and not going though.  :/

NotreClaire

Yeah, it's so tricky.. I have no idea what they're looking for. But at the last audition, I didn't get a little "F" for facecharacter on my paper, so that won't be a good sign.. but on the other hand, I have no clue what they are looking for.. damn.. I wish I could go to both auditions, but I'll have to choose. I wish they were more specific about what you have to look like in order to become a facecharacter.

And in general, do they have many auditions every year? Or is it now, because of the 20 years anniversairy that they have a lot of open auditions?
I'm pretty new to the Disney Audition world!
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,

CherryPie

Hello there everyone.

I have just spent the last 2 hours reading through your thread. I can't tell you how fascinating I find it to read :)
As a 27yr old mother of 3 the chance to work at Disney has now passed me by and now it's time to enjoy taking my young children to visit the magic.

Natalie lives just a 20 minutre drive from me and I have probably met her dozens of times at the Disney Store in Meadowhall!! I do hope she's enjoying her new role in Paris (well everyone actually!).

Anyway, I didn't mean to gatecrash and I'm sorry for doing so. I would just like to wish you all the very best of luck and hope all those waiting on news hear something very soon! Don't let your dream get away.

Lots of Love
Cherry
Past Visits
March 25th-28th 2012 - Santa Fe
Planned Visits
November 8th-11th 2012 - Santa Fe

\":mickey2:\"

pollypocket

Does anyone know if the irish contracts have been given out yet?

Teacup

I'm very tempted to try again in May. It's been a year since I last auditioned and failed miserably, but I know that then they were looking mainly for Jasmine, Tink, Alice and the princes so hopefully if they are now looking for taller pale blonde types I may have more of a chance.
Since all I'm doing right now is applying for shop jobs I don't care about and making Disney costumes, it really couldn't hurt right?
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

fantastique

Quote from: "pollypocket"Does anyone know if the irish contracts have been given out yet?
No, everyone's still waiting.  :(

Jens

Quote from: "NotreClaire"May be an odd question, but how would you know if you would have a decent shot at auditioning for a "Look-a-like"?

They just look at certain facial features and height. I don't know the features but I guess for snow white it's a round face, aurora and belle a longer face, rapunzel big eyes, etc. And good teeth! They are really random in it lately though, so I don't think anyone has a clue how they are choosing people at the moment...

Quote from: "NotreClaire"I saw that the English audition casts look-a-likes only, while the other castings also look for Disney Character, Parade and Character Look-alike Performers. England may be easier for me to go to, but I guess I will have more chance if I go to the audition in Nice, because I might become a furry if they don't see me as the next Rapunzel or Ariel.

Please keep in mind that everyone does "furries" when you're not dancing or doing face... Doing "furries" is your basic role here and next to that you do the dancing and/or face roles.

t0n1h

Hi everyone. :D
I had a Skype interview in February and I just received a job offer for a summer contract today. I'm going to work in a restaurant. So, it seems that they've started to send out the Finnish job offers...

NotreClaire

Quote from: "Jens"Please keep in mind that everyone does "furries" when you're not dancing or doing face... Doing "furries" is your basic role here and next to that you do the dancing and/or face roles.

So what's the difference between the audition in England (looking for Face-characters) and the audition in Nice (looking for Disney look a like-characters, parade and character look a like performers?
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,