Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiffanyfinsy

Does somebody knows what's next on the waiting list for characters/cast member/shows/performing? Did you first get an interview (skype or phone?) or just a email with all information?

Waiting...... till the day comes.......

EDIT: I just read the first 62 pages of this forum because 1) I coudnt sleep 2) I'm too excited and I can't wait 3) I'm a little bit scared now.. 4) I'm going to email Daniel this weekend about my available dates (I can start earlier), hopefully that's working out   [-o<
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

WendyDarling

@alphaconfig
What does that have to do with Disney?!
We are people looking for a job in Disneyland, not because we want a summer job, not because we need money.
Because we love Disney.

We don't want to work in India, so leave us be. Thanks XD

NotreClaire

Could anyone give the link to that cute song they play during the (second-round) dance-routine in the Character Auditions?

Oh and a question.. would it be a good idea to perform Grumpy at the auditions? Since he is all.. GRUMPY and all, without any laughs?
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

Astya

I did Grumpy.  Hehe.  I got through the acting but miserably failed the dance.

I've been looking for the music for aaaaaages, and I couldn't find it anywhere, so if anyone does know what it is I'd love to know!!

wano

Hi any Irish people on this thread know if anyone has gotton contracts yet??

pollypocket

Quote from: "wano"Hi any Irish people on this thread know if anyone has gotton contracts yet??

Nobody yet, we're all waiting :(

gldc

Everyone who is in the talent pool and worked before for operations roles, eg. not characters should have received an email with a number to call.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Jens

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"
Quote from: "Jens"
Quote from: "NotreClaire"So what's the difference between the audition in England (looking for Face-characters) and the audition in Nice (looking for Disney look a like-characters, parade and character look a like performers?

As far as I know there is not a contract yet (they audition for) where you only do face character. Which means that they are probably just focusing on facial features in that audition (because they really need them) but the end contract will remain the same (which means that you do "furries" aswell).

Everybody does characters in the end (if you're not planning to perform/do a face character) that day. It is possible to be a character/cast member/show and face character (so not performing as a dancer), but you can't do only face character :)

Yeah, that's what I said  :|  :thumbs:

mackattack

I emailed Noellie today and she said that all the contracts should be sent out by mid-may..so fingers crossed :)

Cendrillon

Oh, brilliant - thanks for sharing that, mackattack!

Also, did anyone else notice what Casting wrote on their Facebook page earlier?

"Quand vous êtes retenue dans notre "Talent Pool" cela signifie que nous avons identifié votre profil pour travailler à Disneyland Paris et que nous attendons simplement d'avoir le poste (parmi les postes sur lesquels vous souhaitez travailler) qui correspond à votre profil au niveau du métier, des compétences requises et surtout de vos disponibilités."

Just thought I'd share in case anyone hadn't seen, because I thought it was a bit more clear than the initial talent pool email they sent (:

NaeBad

@Cendrillon - This is definitely a lot clearer!  It almost sounds like there is a guaranteed placement for us all.  In contrast with this, the email I received in December telling me that I'd been placed in the talent pool said:

"Comme expliqué lors de la présentation, si un poste correspondant à votre profil venait à être disponible, nous vous contacterons."

Which sounds less hopeful.  But hopefully we'll all hear something soon!!

Cendrillon

Yep, that's exactly what the one I received said - very, very vague. This explanation is still a little ambiguous, but it definitely sounds more optimistic, which is nice to hear! Almost as though we can definitely expect to hear from them at some point, they just can't guarantee it will be summer?

@gldc: Did you receive another contract then? (:

gldc

Quote from: "Cendrillon"@gldc: Did you receive another contract then? (:

They say they have positions opened and it's just a case of calling on friday and giving my availability and hopefully they'll send me a contract which is what happened when other people i know went back for the 2nd/3rd times.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

sineadlemonade

@Cendrillon which facebook page is this may i ask? i can't find anything on the one i've 'liked'!

Cendrillon

@gldc: Sounds really promising for you then, hope you get something great!

@sineadlemonade: This page, https://www.facebook.com/disneylandpariscasting ! They answered someone's questions in the comment under the post about Le Journal des Grandes Ecoles (: