Horrible green fences

Started by Slimy yet satisfying, October 11, 2015, 09:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

Never got stuck onride so far, though I had trouble with the Rock n roller coaster security bar 2 times now, it just wouldn't open after stopping at the exit, the first time, the cm had to activate some lever at the back of the train to make the bar go up
<-Plz click

rebecca20

Quote from: Thaliel on October 19, 2015, 05:59:42 PM
Never got stuck onride so far, though I had trouble with the Rock n roller coaster security bar 2 times now, it just wouldn't open after stopping at the exit, the first time, the cm had to activate some lever at the back of the train to make the bar go up

At least it wasn't stuck open!!!! Once on Air at Alton Towers mine wouldn't close and they did that manually, needless to say I was terrified.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Ohana

Rebecca - I had a similar issue at Alton Towers, the first time I'd ever got on a ride there, Rita. Everyone was sat down and buckled in but some total numpty decided they wanted to change seats, and as a result, for some reason, only my bars raised up. I was terrified and shouting at the staff who just kept ignoring me, I had a nod of acknowledgement from one woman but no one explained anything to me, I was convinced the ride was going to start and I'd be thrown out of my seat. I really really don't trust ride operators.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

rebecca20

I must admit I was slightly more nervous going on the big rides in DLP on this trip considering the awful event at Alton Towers earlier this year luckily nothing happened but it does make you think.

Also as an FYI to people Space Mountain bloody kills your head there's no padding on the ride at all which I guess explains the 0 minute wait line.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Disney Matt

Quote from: rebecca20 on October 19, 2015, 09:24:08 PM
I must admit I was slightly more nervous going on the big rides in DLP on this trip considering the awful event at Alton Towers earlier this year luckily nothing happened but it does make you think.

Also as an FYI to people Space Mountain bloody kills your head there's no padding on the ride at all which I guess explains the 0 minute wait line.

Hopefully with the next update that will all change as it does hurt the head a bit lol!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

littlebitofpixiedust

Rebecca20 I would have been scared to! I havnt been Alton towers for years it's quite far for us, we've been chessington and Thorpe park but tbh I think none compare to Disney so we now sidestep them save all bit more and look for a deal for DLP afterall it's so close really (to us anyways)

Paramount park is meant tone opening very close to where I am so I look forward to a brand new park but I still think I'll be doing my reguar DLP trips  :D

It was a shock the Alton towers incident but then again these things happen, some years ago there was an accident on small world (worker not guest) didn't end well Unfortunatly and an accident in BTM some years back? We were there soon after these incidents and both rides were shut still these werent the same time but just two things I remember theme parks are generally quite safe. Well I hope!  ;)