Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bensmum

You can buy your shares as soon as the money has cleared into your account. You can then transfer any left over money out.
Once you have bought your shares phone them and ask for proof of ownership and they will organise this for you. They sent me a letter that I sent on with my application. Hope this helps.
I took advantage of a free trading deal they had on so it might be worth waiting to see if they have any offers going.

Clarebelle

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding Halifax sharedeeling account,

which one do you use? the regular or the ISA?

how long does it take to set up? how soon can I buy the shares (with a cash deposit)?

how long does it take to set up internet banking?

do I have to open a current account along side it?

how easy is it to transfer shares into the account? is it easier to do when the account is first opened? or can it be done just as easily at a later date?

are there any fees for holding your shares?

do Halifax take commission when/if you sell your shares?

do I always have to have £100/worth of shares in the account?

thanks in advance :)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

pers5579

I'm already a Halifax customer and I'm giving this some serious though.

Can someone please advise though how much would it cost me to purchase 20 Eurodisney shares? And is there any kind of fees payable to the Halifax for doing this?

Thanks
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

jclaydon

I've recently bought 21 shares through Halifax.  It cost me about £85, which included a fee of I think about £12 which Halifax charge.  It obviously changes depending on the share value for that day.

However I would highly recommend it if you are planning on visiting a few times in the next few years.  I've just got back and probably saved around 50 euros on one trip.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "jclaydon"I've recently bought 21 shares through Halifax.  It cost me about £85, which included a fee of I think about £12 which Halifax charge.  It obviously changes depending on the share value for that day.

However I would highly recommend it if you are planning on visiting a few times in the next few years.  I've just got back and probably saved around 50 euros on one trip.

That sounds like a good saving then :thumbs:
I bought shares 3 weeks ago and had an email from the members club to say my shareholders card has been processed and i should receive it in the next few weeks.  Do you know how long this usually takes? Its been just over 2 weeks since the email so should i email them to see where it is or wait a while longer?
Thanks, Kelly
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

jclaydon

Not sure to be honest, I'm still waiting for my card.  I contacted the Shareholders club and managed to get a temporary letter of ownership to use on recent trip, as I knew the card wouldn't arrive in time, but had no problem with any of the restaurants or shops accepting this.

I think they say it can take up to 6 weeks for the card to arrive.

loladelorean

I got the email confirming my membership 10 days ago, but not going until November so I know I will get my card in time. Can't wait to use it in the Disney store when it arrives, and then to feel even more that I am part of the magic on my trip :D
Might choose a lightbulb or a brick when I'm there as "my bit of Disney"....
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

disney-dan

I've decided to buy shares in EDL and join the shareholders club ready for my upcoming trip in December. I currently bank with the Co-Op who don't have a share dealing account so am going to open one with Halifax. Once the account is open I assume it's a simple matter of buying the shares online and then applying for the shareholders club via the DLP corporate website? Last thing, does anyone know what price EDL shares are currently trading at?

Thanks

DD
Have a Magical day!!

DD

captain rocket

Hi, I bank with the coop as well so I went down the same road as you are planning!
As soon as you deposit £100 in the account and get your permanent password from them you just log on to International dealing and type in Eurodisney sca and it will ask you how many shares you want, then click buy and you will be a shareholder! then you print out the application form from the shareholders club website and send it back with a printed copy or proof of ownership from the Halifax website. Share price at close of business 10/09/2010 was 4.22 euros.

loladelorean

Quote from: "captain rocket"Hi, I bank with the coop as well so I went down the same road as you are planning!
As soon as you deposit £100 in the account and get your permanent password from them you just log on to International dealing and type in Eurodisney sca and it will ask you how many shares you want, then click buy and you will be a shareholder! then you print out the application form from the shareholders club website and send it back with a printed copy or proof of ownership from the Halifax website. Share price at close of business 10/09/2010 was 4.22 euros.

Be careful if you are printing from the Halifax website, I noticed it said on the Disney website that digital copies will not be accepted. I phoned Halifax and requested an official contract note, which arrived 2 days later/
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

captain rocket

Yes, I read that on their web site, but I submitted the copy and received my membership number three days later by email! Still waiting for my membership card though!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "captain rocket"Yes, I read that on their web site, but I submitted the copy and received my membership number three days later by email! Still waiting for my membership card though!
I done the same, i am still waiting for my membership card too! I got my membership details by email on 12th August and have had nothing yet, when was yours? Have you emailed to see where it is or are you just going to wait a while?
Kelly x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

captain rocket

Hi Kelly, I had my acknowledgement in the middle of August, as my next visit is not until Oct 31st I am in no panic for the pass yet! I believe they take up to six weeks to process everything.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "captain rocket"Hi Kelly, I had my acknowledgement in the middle of August, as my next visit is not until Oct 31st I am in no panic for the pass yet! I believe they take up to six weeks to process everything.
Hiya, thanks for that, no need to panic yet then! We are going on 22nd Oct so will hopefully be sorted before then! Thanks for putting my mind at ease,
Kelly x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "captain rocket"Hi Kelly, I had my acknowledgement in the middle of August, as my next visit is not until Oct 31st I am in no panic for the pass yet! I believe they take up to six weeks to process everything.
I got my card today :D/ Cant wait to use it now :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite