Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

You can buy shares easily in less than a week. (Not sure if Abbey do shares, Halifax are easy to deal with)

However.... to get the discounts I believe you require a Shareholders card which takes a number of weeks to arrive.
You could call the Shareholders department to see if there is anything they can do though.
(00 800 64 74 56 30 or + 33 (0)1 64 74 56 30)

Zenith

Thank you, i'll try calling tomorrow.  I'll look to see if there's a UK phone number :)

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Get the shares and send them the proof per fax. When you call and tell them you are going in a couple of days they will send you a temporary shareholder certificate per fax.

dagobert

It took nearly two months until I received my Shareholders card, but I didn't know the possibility that Nicolai just described.

paul

QuoteDear Shareholders Club member,

As a member of the Shareholders Club, you have been cordially invited to participate in an informal meet and greet, question and answer session with Philippe Gas, CEO of Euro Disney S.A.S., and Greg Richart, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S. This is an opportunity to meet and discuss with Philippe and Greg on news and events regarding the Company's financial performance as well as future projects.

What a great experience for those who go! (Bit far for me to travel for a 90 minute meeting!)

never2old

Quote from: "paul"
QuoteDear Shareholders Club member,

As a member of the Shareholders Club, you have been cordially invited to participate in an informal meet and greet, question and answer session with Philippe Gas, CEO of Euro Disney S.A.S., and Greg Richart, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S. This is an opportunity to meet and discuss with Philippe and Greg on news and events regarding the Company's financial performance as well as future projects.

What a great experience for those who go! (Bit far for me to travel for a 90 minute meeting!)

I'd love to go! We're not here for the first one, but maybe for one of the later ones... Though they only have room for 25 shareholders club members... It will be difficult to get a space!

dagobert

It would be great to attend such a meeting. Maybe I'm going to attend the annual shareholder meeting in February. Is anyone else on this forum planning to go there?
Did anyone already attend the shareholder meeting?

eddieh

Does anybody know if you can buy Euro Disney shares though HSBC? Also I am wondering what the Shareholders Club is about and what the benefits are? Thanks in advance, I find shares confusing.

Edit: Found out about the club here (http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/sh ... ndex.xhtml), still wondering about HSBC :)

dagobert

I'm not sure, but I think you can buy the shares at every bank. I have an account at my local bank and bought the shares there.

toritinker

Hi I am so confused, I really want to buy shares and join the shareholders club.
Really can't get my head around where/when/how!?!
I'm with HSBC bank and NATWEST bank. Can I buy shares through my bank and then how do I join the shareholder's club?
idiot-proof guide if possible, thanks! :) x
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Javey74

Quote from: "toritinker"Hi I am so confused, I really want to buy shares and join the shareholders club.
Really can't get my head around where/when/how!?!
I'm with HSBC bank and NATWEST bank. Can I buy shares through my bank and then how do I join the shareholder's club?
idiot-proof guide if possible, thanks! :) x
Sorry I can't help with HSBC and Natwest banking systems for shares, but about obtaining shares in general, yes most banks have Shareholder/Sharedealing/Sharebuilding type schemes. I'm with the Halifax and to get my Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares I had to pay £100 to open a Sharedealing/Sharebuilding type account. Once open I looked for the shares which seemed simple enough [EDL PAR] and then bought 20 New Shares, which I required to join the Shareholders Club. Those shares are now held in my account, from which I can check the valuation of them at anytime and able to print a certificate of ownership at any time when ever required..  ;)

Also just to point out, I didn't have to leave my surplus money in the Sharedealing/Sharebuilding account, I could transfer what was left out of the £100 back to my current account, and my account would still remain open. The £100 is just initially to open it..  :)

As a said to begin with you are with banks that I don't have accounts with, but I hope I've explained the general jist on buying shares, which should be mostly the same on other Share type accounts, no matter what bank..  :)

toritinker

Thank you for your help Javey!
I am going to go into my bank and ask someone there...I'm not very good with these sort of things!
When you have the shares, how do you then join shareholders club in disney?
thanks x
Sante Fe - December 2008

Javey74

Hi toritinker..  :D

This link will tell you what you need to know on the Shareholders Club..  :thumbs:

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/sh ... l#contentj

Just click on 'Become a Member' tab..  ;)

toritinker

Thank you for the link, I'm heading to my bank this afternoon to ask them!!
Fingers crossed!
x
Sante Fe - December 2008

loladelorean

I have decided to join the shareholders club! :D i called Halifax yesterday and they said I need to add the share dealing account to my products online then deposit £100.
Does anybody know if I can then use that £100 to buy my 20 shares and pay the fee or does it have to stay there for a certain amount of time?
I can't wait to own a tiny little piece of Disney. (and get those lovely discounts)
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19