Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

The minimum amount of shares you need are 5, but to get into the shareholders club for free you need 20 (or pay €30 joining fee with your 5 shares). The other forum were probably refering back to before the shares were consolidated, so 1 new share is the equivilent of 100 before consolidation.

It is indeed Euro Disney S.C.A. but shares are around their year high at the moment so it is probably not the best time to buy.
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

anna42hmr

thanks for the help javey74 and clarebelle.

i have faxed the forms off this morning on the work fax and seems to have gone through ok (fingers crossed) i have included a cover sheet and asked if they dont mind to email confirmation of receipt.

cant wait fingers crossed they sort out quick as my trip is in january and what with the postal strikes looming want it to be processed asap.  ended up paying £135 for the 20 shares (including halifax's share dealing) i know its probably more than i would have paid earlier this year but oh well, with my trip in january looming couldnt wait too long for them to drop and also if the pound goes any weaker than the euro then it may not make a difference even if the shares do drop slightly.

jeakat24

Thanks for the help Clarabelle, shame the stock has gone up but I'm still pretty sure that we'll end re-cooping that by the end of our trip!

anna42hmr, thanks for saying how much you paid, it helps to know, even though I wish it was less!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

anna42hmr

no problem, i wish it was a bit less to jeakat24 but at least i have done it now, and that also includes the halifax trading fee which i think was around £17.00

i have had to fax the shareholders forms the end (yesterday am), as cant work out how to get the contract note downloaded to my computer to email it. so had to print it.

i have asked them to email me to confirm receipt but not had anything from them yet. I have fax confirmation so fingers crossed it will be ok

jeakat24

Quote from: "anna42hmr"no problem, i wish it was a bit less to jeakat24 but at least i have done it now, and that also includes the halifax trading fee which i think was around £17.00

Lol I bet you do!  :D  Thanks for the info, I hoping that because Kane works for Abbey we'll get some kind of discount (if they can do it for mortgages etc then I'm sure they can do it for trading fees) but I don't know what their prices are in the first place, so if they don't I'm defiantely going to Halifax!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

anna42hmr

thats good, the parent company of who i work for is a bank, but ended up going with halifax as though we get free trading on uk stock markets, we are still charged on foreign markets and halifax has no matainance/annual fees etc

getting worried now though as when i faxed over the papers to disney i had a cover sheet asking them to email to confirm receipt as well as sending an email after to them and nothing yet in my inbox to say they have received the fax.  am tempted to resend incase

Clarebelle

They are normally quite slow at emails, Try phoning the shareholders club
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

anna42hmr

theyve sent me an email tonight, has been received and processed and sending the card in the post!!

Javey74

Quote from: "anna42hmr"theyve sent me an email tonight, has been received and processed and sending the card in the post!!
Splendid..  :D/

anna42hmr

got the temporay card in the post today (despite the postal strike!)

Willow

Anyone else's Halifax Shares totally got confused?

As in, my shares were bought for a lower price than they are now, but I'm shown as almost £50 down. This suddenly happened late last week.

Alpop

I would have to agree with Halifax shares being confused.
Even when everyone was saying they had made money on them Halifax's prices had stayed the same.
I'm not sure how accurate the pricing is from the Paris exchange feed. So I'd double check the values. Possible exchange rate rate could affect the price too.

Willow

I have been on the phone to the Halifax and they have an IT problem which happened on Friday and will be sorted within a few days.

The issue is that instead of the shares being valued at £5.80-ish per share, they are being valued at 5.80p per share.

Alpop

that would explain a lot.
Maybe I am in profit then

Zenith

Hi there, First time posting but long time lurker :)

I know i've left it stupidly late but I'd like to purchase at least 20 shares in eurodisney to gain the discounts, and i'm arriving in Eurodisney on November the 8th!

I'm based in the UK and only have a Abbey National bank account.  Does anyone know how I can go about this?

Thank you!

Liz