Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Closed today 20% up, at 6.79 euros.

Surely the growth will start to slow shortly? :?

Alpop

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

About 3 years ago I bought my shares (I've got 100 new shares).

I'm still 8% down on my investment according to Halifax.
Sniff sniff. One day.

Timbo

The price could be rising as there is expected to be a huge increase in holidays next year,people have been staying at home because of the recession ,and as things improve it is expected that a lot of people will be booking trips after doing without !
This covers all holidays not just Disney , sure the announcement of the new attractions at other Disney parks will make Eurodisney shares seem very attractive,as it shows an increase in confidence by WDW !

Javey74

Quote from: "Alpop":cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

About 3 years ago I bought my shares (I've got 100 new shares).

I'm still 8% down on my investment according to Halifax.
Sniff sniff. One day.
My god how much did you originally pay for them..  :shock:   :o

It must have been way above the price now to be still 8% down with such an increase..  :shock:  :shock:

Alpop

I think they are about £6.50 ish, which was .65p before the consolidation.
If my memory is right, the value sort of halved after the consolidation, even though it should have stayed the same.

Another factor is to add on trading fees. I got 100 (new) Shares over 3 transactions.

What ever the out come is it looks much better than it did. So if none of you sell out just yet they may hold the value a bit more.

Javey74

Quote from: "Alpop"I think they are about £6.50 ish, which was .65p before the consolidation.
If my memory is right, the value sort of halved after the consolidation, even though it should have stayed the same.

Another factor is to add on trading fees. I got 100 (new) Shares over 3 transactions.

What ever the out come is it looks much better than it did. So if none of you sell out just yet they may hold the value a bit more.
Aaahh, I see..  :wink:  I forgot about the trading fee's. Mine are with the Halifax aswell, but I was lucky since on the 9th June 2009 and that week alone, all world shares were commission free and that saved me £17.50 at the time, not sure what your commissional prices were then, but certainly over 3 transactions it will not have been cheap. I could be wrong but the last time I looked at the Halifax commisional charge it was reduced to £11.95 for Real Time Online Purchases and £5.00 for Sales..  :wink:

I only have 20 New Shares, I only wished I had bought 25 at the time, since looking the other day I made about £50.00 profit, I could have sold 5 of them, wait for the price to drop and bought another 10 and still have money left over... :o  Damn... :roll:

Alpop

If you fancy "dabbling" the halifax share builder account is fun. I do £30 per month in random shares that I choose via other websites. So far only one of them (excluding my EDL ones (which is not included in sharebuilder)) is failing.

Javey74

Quote from: "Alpop"If you fancy "dabbling" the halifax share builder account is fun. I do £30 per month in random shares that I choose via other websites. So far only one of them (excluding my EDL ones (which is not included in sharebuilder)) is failing.
Never really tried it Alpop..  :)  

I originally only opened my account to use the Share Dealing side of things to get my EDL shares..  :wink:

But you've inspired me to read more on the Halifax Share Building side.  I've also noticed they have got a simple write up on it on the main account page..  :D

Mmmmm.. :-k

Willow

Personally, I only opened my Halifax shares account for the Euro Disney shares, 40 of them.

Then I had some money left over from my student loan so bought some Disney shares.

Now there are rumours that Merlin Entertainments/Blackstone are looking to get onto the FTSE 100, so I might buy some of them. (I believe them getting onto the FTSE 100 means I would be able to buy shares in the company)

britincgn

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"
Quote from: "britincgn"Anyone else got a letter from BNP PARIBAS informing shareholders that they are now managing the accounts instead of CACEIS-CT ?
Does any one know why this is neccesary?

Yes, I did; and no, I don't know what the reason was. I just shrugged, filled out the forms and returned them like the good girl that I am. ;)

I must admit I did the same thing :roll:

anna42hmr

yay. got the shares now, bought them this morning via halifax online.

to join the disney paris shareholders club i am right in thinking all i need to do now is the form and send that with a copy of the contract notes?? does any one know if they accept the applicatons via email as opposed to posting of fax??? as i am worried they wont accept the print out of the contract notes as they seem to want origionals according to their forms.

am i missing anything else that i need to send (i have bought 20 shares, so dont need to include the fee)

sorry not very good at these sorts of things lol and want to get it sorted asap!

Javey74

Quote from: "anna42hmr"yay. got the shares now, bought them this morning via halifax online.

to join the disney paris shareholders club i am right in thinking all i need to do now is the form and send that with a copy of the contract notes?? does any one know if they accept the applicatons via email as opposed to posting of fax??? as i am worried they wont accept the print out of the contract notes as they seem to want origionals according to their forms.

am i missing anything else that i need to send (i have bought 20 shares, so dont need to include the fee)

sorry not very good at these sorts of things lol and want to get it sorted asap!
Hi anna42hmr, well done on your shares..  =D>  

You think correctly with your info, though I'm not sure about emailing your contract, just for reasons of originality. I sent mine on the works fax and it went through fine, got Shareholders Club Card after about 3 weeks, though it can take up to six..  :D

But yes, I would recommend faxing where possible..  :wink:  :D

Clarebelle

I would also recommend that you fax them. My dad actually bought me a fax machine just to do it lol. If you need a temporary card in the mean time you can just phone them and they will either fax or post you one, they will even fax it to a Disney hotel if you are going :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

paul

They're actually really quick at responding to emails, they've been very helpful.

jeakat24

Hi guys, sorry to be asking questions that have most likely been asked before but my computer is taking forever to load the forum search page and I've given up  :roll:  :|  

Just to confirm, the shares that I want are Euro Disney S.C.A.? (looked online and there appears to be loads of different ones!)  :?

Also, I looked on another forum where it said that the number of shares required to join the club is 500, but I thought it was much less than that, have they put them up recently?

Sorry for being a pain
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge