To surprise or not...

Started by BenRM, October 05, 2014, 02:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenRM

Hi guys,

Weve booked our first ever family visit to DLPR for March / Easter time.

We have booked for the Cheyenne as it was the only hotel which offered bunk beds. Going is me (Ben), my husband and our two kids Champ (boy aged 12) and Princess (girl aged 10). They are a close brother-sister combo but when we were looking were both unimpressed at the possibility of sharing a bed.

Last year we did a cruise and ended up booking a mini suite so they didnt have to share beds. (Both are actually lively sleepers and kick alot).

But I am desperate to upgrade to either Newport Bay (my preference) or Sequoia Lodge, as they are obviously nicer, closer to the parks and have better facilities.
Husband loves the look of either but is in agreement its not fair for the kids to share a double bed - Im torn, i have several options:

a) - stay with Cheyenee as its just easier
b) - 'surprise' family with upgrade and deal with fall out
c) - say we were upgraded without knowing... (naughty I know)

Any help?

CitrusZing

I would stick with Hotel Cheyenne. I've stayed there and it's fun. Plus no arguments! The money you don't spend on upgrading you will need for the holiday as I'm sure the kids will want lots of stuff from the parks.  :D
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

loulou169

Is defo stick with the Cheyenne. Me and my girls stayed here this year and are going back Halloween next next year! It's suck a brilliantly themed hotel. I've stayed at the Santa Fe but didn't like the theming there! You really can't go wrong with the Cheyenne and it's such a quick walk back from the Village too. To me it's a win situation! As citruszing says, use the money you'll save on merchandise in the park!! X
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018