Disneys land ?

Started by irishbhoy1888, June 28, 2014, 12:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

Does Disney own all the land inside the ring road it is built ? And does it have any more land outside it ? Just

DLRP Roundup!

Most but not all, it also owns land outside it.

They buy and sell fairly often :)

They also have a lot more than they need ;)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

jeakat24

Quote from: Trekkie101 on June 28, 2014, 11:06:25 PM

I've always been curious where they would choose to build a third park if and/when the time came.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

orangarnold

Quote from: jeakat24 on June 30, 2014, 10:17:37 AM
Quote from: Trekkie101 on June 28, 2014, 11:06:25 PM

I've always been curious where they would choose to build a third park if and/when the time came.

My bet would be behind the Santa Fe and the Newport Bay

Rocketeer

^That seems the most logical place for it. Especially now the F1 paddock won't be built there.  :P

I wonder.. how would guests park hop between one side of the property and the other? They'd have to provide a shuttle bus or tram as you wouldn't want all that traffic traipsing around Lake Disney.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

orangarnold

Quote from: Rocketeer on June 30, 2014, 06:50:08 PM
^That seems the most logical place for it. Especially now the F1 paddock won't be built there.  :P

I wonder.. how would guests park hop between one side of the property and the other? They'd have to provide a shuttle bus or tram as you wouldn't want all that traffic traipsing around Lake Disney.

To be honest I don't follow F1 so I didn't even know that was a possibility. The route the shuttle buses take would work well, it's that or the space next to the village and studios to make the entries all on one plaza

DLRP Roundup!

I rather believed they'd move the car park and start a tram system similar to WDW to the current area where the busses are.

The car park would allow them to have the entrance on the opposite of Disneyland Park from Walt Disney Studios and entrance and exit to the village.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

daddyof2

I was looking at something else and this thread came to mind. There seems to be some space in Adventureland either side of the Indiana Jones ride that a few attractions could be fitted into (A Bugs Life or Up would fit the theme). Or there's the space between the hotels/village and Studios that a small new "land" or park could fit into. I'm willing to act as a consultant on a nice salary...

irishbhoy1888

Imagine how much improvements could be made I'd there wasn't a money problem  :'( :'(

mvboetzelaer

No, Disney (or better EuroDisneyLand S.C.A.) does not own all the land. There has been a lot of headaches about the sellers on the central hub at the train station. Disney cannot seal of that area as they do not own the plaza. Some space on or around the train station will not be owned by disney, but by the SNCF and RATP.
Outside of the ring Disney owns at least the Davy Crocket Ranch. And possibly a lot more, but as a PP wrote this has not been constant in the last 20 years.

Aladar

Attached You'll find the 1992 map of the property owned by Disney.
Disney Owns everything inside the thick orange line limits except the train station area.

[attachment deleted by admin]

irishbhoy1888

I presume the purple area was meant to be the proper size of disney  studios park ?