Disney Characters at Disneyland Paris

Started by Kristof, March 19, 2007, 04:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scissorsboi

4 hours?! That is dedication/slightly mad! Characters should never have longer queues than attractions in my eyes, how long did the queue stretch?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

thatgirlkatie

Can you meet Max? (Goofy's Son) I've always had a weird crush on him. I know he's a dog, I'm a weird child.
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

Thaliel

Quote from: "thatgirlkatie"Can you meet Max? (Goofy's Son) I've always had a weird crush on him. I know he's a dog, I'm a weird child.
No, I do not think so. Goofy (or Dingo, as he is called in france and therefore in the resort) may be rather popular himself, but rather as a classical cartoon and comic character. Ever since Disney Club disappearted from european TV, the series or the movie starring Goofy and Max were not of interest to any tv stations. The last time I saw The Goffy movie was...ugh...I think 5 years ago. Eeven Dosney Channel isn't showing the series, they rather rely on hit shows like Hannah Montana
<-Plz click

thatgirlkatie

Quote from: "Thaliel"
Quote from: "thatgirlkatie"Can you meet Max? (Goofy's Son) I've always had a weird crush on him. I know he's a dog, I'm a weird child.
No, I do not think so. Goofy (or Dingo, as he is called in france and therefore in the resort) may be rather popular himself, but rather as a classical cartoon and comic character. Ever since Disney Club disappearted from european TV, the series or the movie starring Goofy and Max were not of interest to any tv stations. The last time I saw The Goffy movie was...ugh...I think 5 years ago. Eeven Dosney Channel isn't showing the series, they rather rely on hit shows like Hannah Montana

I didn't think you could to be honest, but I saw a video a while ago from Disneyland with Max in so I wasn't sure, just thought I might as well ask :)
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

Sparkchild

The only time I have ever seen Max was at Disneyland California in 2001. He was at the Character Breakfast with Minnie and Daisy at the Paradise Pier Hotel. I always thought it was strange he was there because he didn't seem to work with the theme.

BTW, Goofy and Max aren't dogs, they are Goofs. It was briefly explained in their show Goof Troop. That's why Goofy and his neighbors have cats and dogs as pets.

Michielv

We saw Max at the end of March, he was doing a 'breakfast set' at the Disneyland Hotel. Pretty rare if you ask me.

Scissorsboi

Max came out for the Frontierland 20th celebration show, but I don't think he has been out since, it's a shame, a photo with Max and Goofy would be pretty cool! Ideally he'd belong in Studios around the Playhouse Disney/Stitch area as he's a Disney Channel show, and if I'm honest, I'd go in for a "classic cartoons" meet and greet area, I think you'd get a lot of people my age want to meet Launchpad, Gadget, Doug etc (hell, they could even dig out the Bonkers costume if they wanted!).
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ulak

Chip received a small gift from me and he danced with him and showed it to Donald at the train to 20th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris...   :oops:  :)

[youtube:1jhjyvq6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMW0mCo1lI[/youtube:1jhjyvq6]
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

flickmcktur

So my son is obsessed with Jake and the Neverland pirates and I was wondering is he at DLP yet if so any particular place he normally dose meet and greets thinking of asking at city hall first thing when we get there dose anyone know if that would be worth my time.

ed-uk

Quote from: "ulak"Chip received a small gift from me and he danced with him and showed it to Donald at the train to 20th Anniversary of Disneyland Paris...   :oops:  :)

[youtube:3titce0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMW0mCo1lI[/youtube:3titce0g]

That's a very nice video Ulak, if you don't mind me asking what was the small gift you gave Chip?
Ed & David

captain rocket

This seems quite quirky! I went on the Disney cruise out of Barcelona last year and we had a Japanese couple who were obsessed with Chip and Dale, Before we boarded we had a two hour wait at the port and C & P were amongst the characters entertainig the crowds. The Japanese couple queued and took a shed load of photos with the characters and then joined the back of the queue to do it all again! They must have had 5/6 meetings before the characters changed! They presented the characters with small gifts and then spent the next ten days virtually stalking them both throughout the cruise! If C & P were scheduled to appear, there they were! Best selection of character merchandise I've ever seen!

ed-uk

It just goes to show how beloved Disney characters are and how important they are to the company. I'm not someone who queues to meet n greet the characters, but I think Disneyland would be a sad place without them around.
Ed & David

ulak

Yes, Disneyland is not ONLY chcaracters. Disneyland is NOT only for children! Disneyland have great atmosphere everywhere without characters. But they are very important in this Walt Disney world of magic! :)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

orsie

Can you still meet Chicken Little?
Previous Disney Trips

DLRP 2007 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary)
DLRP 2008 Sequoia Lodge (15th Anniversary Extended)
DLRP 2009 Sequoia Lodge (Mickey\'s Magical Party)
DLRP 2011 Sequoia Lodge (Magical Moments Festival)
DLRP 2012 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary)
DLRP 2013 Sequoia Lodge (20th Anniversary Extended)

mco65

To me, character meets are a Pain.. but essential for a great trip. We never wait in long lines and often do not get to the MAIN characters on every trip but we go often enough to ensure they our kiddos have met them all at least once...