When and how to apply?

Started by stormflm595, June 05, 2014, 09:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

I finish university next year and I'm thinking about working at DLP over the summer for something to do before real life begins! Does anyone know when positions for Summer 2015 will open up, and how to apply for them? I'd love to be a face or fur character but I don't think I have the talent so to speak, so working in the park as a ride operator etc will probably be better for me! Thanks!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Mileto

I think fur characters don't speak, as most of the characters in general.  ;D  So, this won't be a problem.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

PrincessEnya

Hi stormflm595! I applied last october if I remember correctly and didn't hear back from them until february! I had my interview early april, was accepted in the talent pool two weeks later and received my contract two weeks ago. I start working the 8th of july.  :D
Recruitment sessions aren't held often so that's why it took so long for me to hear back from them. I would suggest keeping a close eye on this website: http://disneylandparis-casting.com/.
Also, give the character performer auditions a shot! You'll never know, you might get in!  ;)
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

stormflm595

Thank you for the help! And I think I'll give the auditions a shot because the worst they can say is no?! I was talking to my mum earlier about it and she said I could do Wendy or Alice easily because of my height and childish face haha! So I'll give it a try!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

KelM01

Hey! I was just wondering if you knew anymore about the character auditions? I was planning on going as well. [size=78%]All I can seem to find is whats on the little news letter thing and it doesn't say much :)[/size]

stormflm595

Hi! You're in luck, there is a talent casting coming up next month. I will post the link below for the UK though if you want another country let me know =)

http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/news/talent-casting-in-england13

I believe they are looking for Mulan, Pocahontas (this excites me because she's NEVER in the parks!), Elsa, Anna, Snow White etc as well as male characters, parade performers etc

Best of luck!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

KelM01

Thank you! Bit terrifying! Did you end up auditioning?

stormflm595

not for this one, these are for this summer through to October :)

they are rather daunting but I haven't ever auditioned so I can't give you any advice but to be yourself and smile :) if you go onto youtube and search something like Disneyland Paris auditions there will be plenty of people describing their experience and will offer lots of advice :) I wish you the best of luck!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days