Meet Spider-Man in Backlot

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 24, 2014, 04:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPWonders (Banned)

According to DLRP Express Disneyland Paris is introducing a new meet & greet character at the Walt Disney Studios Park! From March until July 2014 guests can meet Marvel's Spiderman at the former office of Bureau Passport Annuel, next to Blockbuster Café which also has a Marvel theme (Iron Man).
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

haribosmum

That would be cool, not enough characters for boys in my opinion (not saying that girls can't go see spiderman!!)  in our hotel lifts there were 3 different advertisement posters, one was Princess Sofia, one was Frozen and the last one was Spiderman :-)
I know it's off topic slightly, but with Disney now having rights does that mean Spiderman isn't in Universal Studios anymore?  I met him there when I went to Florida in 2006.  Am guessing the ride still is though!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

polar vixen

Brilliant news!  Hope it's soon Spiderman and friends.....Thor / Captain America/Ironman would all be cool!

pialykke

Fantastic news! Does it say from which date in March? Or just from 1st March-1st July... or??

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: pialykke on February 24, 2014, 08:19:47 PM
Fantastic news! Does it say from which date in March? Or just from 1st March-1st July... or??

Currently unknown.
The first announcement was "halfway through March".
But the second announcement just said "March until July".
So we just have to wait and see I guess.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

pialykke

Quote from: DLRPWonders on February 24, 2014, 08:35:10 PM
Quote from: pialykke on February 24, 2014, 08:19:47 PM

Currently unknown.
The first announcement was "halfway through March".
But the second announcement just said "March until July".
So we just have to wait and see I guess.

Thanx for the info. We go on the 17th so will be keeping an eye out for him! :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

aquacat2

Hopefully this could be the start of a more of a marvel presence like what has been seen in the US with Thor and soon Captain America meet and greets
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

dazzle_v2003

I think it is a great idea. I hope this becomes a permanent addition to the park. I would love to meet Spiderman.

In answer to the question about if Spiderman is still at Universal studios in America I believe the deal between Disney and Universal when Disney brought Marvel means in Walt Disney World they aren't allowed to use Marvel characters and they will remain at Universal.

Please correct me if I am wrong this is from memory from a few years ago.

Rosy25

My son would be so amazed to see him (and my husband actually ;) ) hope he's there 10th march!! ;D may pack the Spider-Man costume now too! ;)

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: pialykke on February 24, 2014, 08:40:14 PM

I'll be there on the 17th too, maybe I'll see you around the Spiderman meeting area! ;)

peep

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on February 25, 2014, 02:43:18 AM
In answer to the question about if Spiderman is still at Universal studios in America I believe the deal between Disney and Universal when Disney brought Marvel means in Walt Disney World they aren't allowed to use Marvel characters and they will remain at Universal.

Please correct me if I am wrong this is from memory from a few years ago.

Yes. From what fans have gathered over the years the deal is that Universal can keep Marvel in their parks but I think anywhere outside of East US Disney can do what they like. So WDW can't touch Marvel until Universal finishes the deal.

I'm quite excited about this new meet and greet, sounds like a good tie-in promotion with the film?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

BoristheSpider

Quote from: aquacat2 on February 24, 2014, 09:01:36 PM
Hopefully this could be the start of a more of a marvel presence like what has been seen in the US with Thor and soon Captain America meet and greets

Thor, yes please ha x

aquacat2

Quote from: BoristheSpider on February 26, 2014, 08:14:49 AM
Thor, yes please ha x

I wonder why you say that  ;)

In all seriousness though having the introduction of these kinds of characters to backlot could give the area a bit more life
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

pialykke

Quote from: BoristheSpider on February 26, 2014, 08:14:49 AM
Quote from: aquacat2 on February 24, 2014, 09:01:36 PM

Thor, yes please ha x
I totally agree...!!! Yum!

Quote from: DLRPWonders on February 25, 2014, 01:07:09 PM
Quote from: pialykke on February 24, 2014, 08:40:14 PM

I'll be there on the 17th too, maybe I'll see you around the Spiderman meeting area! ;)
Yes, we can stalk spidey together... haha...

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

irishbhoy1888