Would Like to Work there, Looking for any Helpful Advice

Started by jenniedisney, January 06, 2014, 10:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenniedisney

Hello everyone!!

I will try and keep this quick and simple :)

Basically I would like to do a bit of work at Disney.
Right now, I am working and not really in a position to drop everything and go. However, from summer 2015 onwards I could offer myself for work over there anytime (so not just limited to summer holiday times). Although all my previous work experience is in Retail (I'm currently in retail management) I would like to work in the attraction side of things, mind you I would even consider cleaning roles!!!

My French is very! basic. I gave it up at GCSE, and instead kept my German going. Even when I try and speak french now, i can sometimes feel myself straying into german! However, because I have plenty of time, would it be worth me getting some french lessons in?? I've read conflicting views on how much french knowledge is needed at interviews and the job itself. My german is also basic.

My basic question is, what are my chances??
Im 23 years old. I don't attend university, however as i said above I do work full time.
I did attend a character audition back in 2009 (that was my original route i wanted to take as I love performing) however didn't get very far. Kinda knocked my confidence a little.

I do love Disney, and would just love to be able to say that I have fulfilled a lifetime dream to have worked for them, doing whatever and for however long or short.

I'm trying to plan ahead so that I can make the most of the time i have left, in order to make myself more employable.

ANY advice from previous cast members, or others going through the same motions as me would be GRATEFULLY received!!

Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

PrincessEnya

Hi jenniedisney!

I completely share your dream of working at Disneyland Paris some day. Like you, I've been to one of the auditions as well. I got cut after the first round and was gutted. But I'm not giving up! I'm going to audition next time they are being held again here in the Netherlands.

I've also been invited to the next recruitment session here in NL. From what I've heard, the more languages you speak, the better. The fact that you speak German well is a huge plus! I know a little French but for the past couple of weeks I've been working on my French with duolingo.com. It is a free website where you can learn a language in a fun way. I think it would be worthwhile to check it out, only to improve your French a little.

Other than that I think you should just go for it. I'm sorry I don't have any experience myself and can't help you any further. But if this is your dream, and you're enthusiastic (plus your experience in retail and German), I think you have a great shot of getting there!  :D

xoxo
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!