how to post your pictures to the forum via photobucket

Started by SwipatronSparks, November 11, 2012, 01:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwipatronSparks

so this is something i have noticed pops up on here quite a lot, a question people ask when making their trip reports.... and this is of course how to post your lovely pictures to the site,

and so, I decided I would try and make a mini tutorial on how to do this.... I am primarily on a mac, but am aware that many of you will be running windows so took a quick lend of my dads pc, which is running windows xp but the steps are exactly the same on windows 7/vista (I have posted from windows 7 and vista before so I know it works)

Mac:
[spoiler:2gc6z4ny]ok so your running a mac and want to show your pictures from your last trip to Disneyland? first thing is first, get your images onto your computer, where you save them to is entirely up to you.

next open your browser, in my case its firefox, and to go photobucket...

once on photobucket you either need to sign in or sign up for an account on the site... don't worry its free!

next you will get a page that looks something like this you need to click on the big green button up the top of the page that says 'upload'

you will be taken to a screen like this..... click on select photo's and videos (again its a big green button)

you will get a pop up box like this....

what you now need to do is find your photos (in the file you saved them to) once in the file, select the photos you want to upload (you can upload more than one at once by holding the 'cmd' key down on your keyboard and selecting the images (the command key is the one right next to your space bar on either side)

when you have finished selecting click 'open' (at the bottom of the pop up box) and your images should upload

for the sake of this tutorial i have uploaded a photo of me and my sister taken of us in Disneyland last time we went....

when your photos have finished uploading they will be listed at the bottom under the last box you saw (the one with the uploading bar in it)
[/spoiler:2gc6z4ny]

Windows
[spoiler:2gc6z4ny]ok so your running windows and want to show your pictures from your last trip to Disneyland? first thing is first, get your images onto your computer, where you save them to is entirely up to you.

next open your browser, in this case its internet explorer, and to go photobucket...

once on photobucket you either need to sign in or sign up for an account on the site... don't worry its free!

next you will get a page that looks something like this you need to click on the big green button up the top of the page that says 'upload'

you will be taken to a screen like this..... click on select photo's and videos (again its a big green button)

you will get a pop up box like this....

what you now need to do is find your photos (in the file you saved them to) once in the file, select the photos you want to upload (you can upload more than one at once by holding the 'ctrl' key down on your keyboard and selecting the images (the control key is the one right on the ends of the 'letter section of your keyboard)

when you have finished selecting click 'open' (at the bottom of the pop up box) and your images should upload

(the picture uploaded really quick so the upload was acutally finished by the time i got the shot)

for the sake of this tutorial i have uploaded a photo of me and my sister taken of us in Disneyland last time we went....

when your photos have finished uploading they will be listed at the bottom under the last box you saw (the one with the uploading bar in it)

**from here on the steps on both a mac and windows are exactly the same**

[spoiler:2gc6z4ny]click whichever one you want to upload onto the forum first. this will take you into viewing the picture, you need to click where it says links which is to the right of your image, click on the img code and it will copy the link for you

you also have the choice to copy it from this screen too.... hover over the photo, and again click on the img code

your almost done and you are now ready to post your image onto the forum. open up a new tab and load up the forum, follow the usual steps to beginning a post (if you havn't already done this) and type your message (if you have one) then paste the img code it will look something like this.... (without the spaces i also had to remove the [ ] from around the word img to get it to post right )

http://%20%20i158<!-- m -->.    photobucket.com%20/albums/t116%20/     manic-the-hedgehog%20/lolita_in_disneyland_by_    maniccrazy2006-d3avctf.jpg       img

posting without the spaces in the code will give you this....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Epcot_Boy

An excellent idea indeed =D>  I was wondering though, as this could apply to posting a pic anywhere on this site, perhaps it should have gone in 'City Hall'? Whatever though, it's a great idea and well presented :thumbs:

David

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"An excellent idea indeed =D>  I was wondering though, as this could apply to posting a pic anywhere on this site, perhaps it should have gone in 'City Hall'? Whatever though, it's a great idea and well presented :thumbs:

i did think about maybe posting it there, but most of the 'how do i post pictures' questions pop up in here so i figured this was the best place to put it in the end then its easy to find for the newer members who tend to float around here and in the trip planning sections

and thanks =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

never2old

Completely off-topic, I'm afraid, but can I ask, what is that Mickey Mouse icon on your dock?

Excellent idea, of course, I get the feeling this topic will get quoted quite a bit!! :D

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "never2old"Completely off-topic, I'm afraid, but can I ask, what is that Mickey Mouse icon on your dock?

Excellent idea, of course, I get the feeling this topic will get quoted quite a bit!! :D

the mickey mouse icon on my dock is actually the 'finder icon'? I have personalised all my icons =] if you notice there's a few disney ones along there, the abacus is the calculator, the pink folder is itunes (actually has mickey ears on it) the stitch is my word programme and the mickey hat and wand is skype =]

upcoming trips....

sailorsun2008

That's a grand picture love :p
And thank you :3 I know you've already told me how to do this each time I ask but I am gonna do it now!! Wait until you see some of the pics I have! :D
meow =]
Past trips to DLRP ~Two trips in 2001~2002~2003~Two trips in 2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~ ~ DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Off site

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "sailorsun2008"That's a grand picture love :p
And thank you :3 I know you've already told me how to do this each time I ask but I am gonna do it now!! Wait until you see some of the pics I have! :D

Looking forward to it hun :)

upcoming trips....

Aurora1

Just loaded my pictures from last fall! It worked, took forever. But if I want to share aphoto, that dosn`t work somehow! When I choose the pic it shows on the right the img and so on thing but it dosn`t show me anywhere "share" On the top left it only says "like". did I do something wrong? Or am I just to stupid and don`t see it ;)
I`ll try again tomorrow, for today it`s enough!
Aurora1

SwipatronSparks

No definately not stupid thing is thw websie has totally changed (for the worse) recently so i need to upade this all you need to do is click on img it will copy the link but you wont be able to physically see that, then come to the forum and press the right mouse button and click paste or press the ctrl button and the letter v on your keyboard and it should paste the link to your post on the forum :) if that doesnt work let me know and i will try and help you out :)

upcoming trips....

Aurora1

Thank you , SwipatronSparks, it worked!! I always thought, I needed to click the right button to copy. And then paste (insert) to get on to the forum!
But it worked, just was a fine yellow line under the bar with the code. Once or twice it said "copied" but both worked!
Thanks again!
Aurora1

SwipatronSparks

No problem happy i could help :)

upcoming trips....

tubbsy

Ooh! We need to keep bumping this to the top! I still have 65 days to go and I will forget all this by the time I get back! Fantastic Swipatron :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club