Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

How many of you are there and how many are children (that is to say aged 11 or under on your arrival day)? What dates will you be at the parks? These details will help us to recommend the best passes and best price.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that you have to wait 3 days before using the ticket.

Araminta

Thanks so much for the help Stifle,

There are 3 adults (well one is 16) and two under 11's, but one of the under 11's has severe disabilities. I was thinking we could get 2 adult tickets and add one of us as a carer to my disabled sons ticket?

We will be arriving 22/10/16- 29/10/16 so I think I'm right that we won't be able to buy a classic as there are blackouts then? I'm happy with losing the Sat and Sun blackouts on Fantasy passes though. 

It was this that made me think that you can't use the tickets straight away:

'Classic passports cannot be used on the two days following purchase.' and 'IMPORTANT: Passeport Annuel Classic, the lowest-priced pass, cannot be used on the two days following its purchase, meaning it cannot always be used instead of a regular 3 Day Ticket. For example, if you bought this pass on a Monday, you would not be able to use it on the Tuesday and Wednesday immediately following that specific Monday.'

I take it thought that Fantasy passes do not incur this same waiting period?

stifle

So whilst you can get four annual passports and use the carer entitlement for the fifth guest, you are as well off getting five. Main reason is because the family discount will kick in at that stage so it won't cost any extra, but also so that all of you can enter independently of the disabled guest should you wish to do so and if you decide to split into two groups you have maximum flexibility. You can also bring an extra guest with you in future.

You cannot purchase discounted APs in advance so you will need to buy them in person. It may be easiest to simply buy everyone a 1 day ticket at the ticket booths and take the five tickets to the Bureau Passeport Annuel where they will work out the difference for you to pay. Classic APs are aimed at local residents rather than repeat visitors; Fantasy and Dream APs have no extra blackout dates after purchase.

For the dates you mention you will need Dream APs. There are blackout days for Fantasy on October 22, 23, and 29.

I have not considered the possibility of buying the child tickets from a third party website (as for some reason they give discounts on tickets for guests age 11 and under which you can't get direct from Disney) so check into that if you want to, but I doubt it'll beat the price of the family discount, currently €892.

A&S&O

For 3A and 2C Dream Passes

buying all from supertrips would be 609 pounds (2x£227 + 1x£155)
buying all from discount-ticket-store would be 668 pounds (2x£94 + 3x£160)

892 Euros is currently around 694 Pounds

So, sounds like buying from one of the above sellers would be cheaper.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Araminta

Thanks so much you guys rock. Just running it by you, would it not be cheaper to wait until the Monday to go and get the fantasy? I know we miss a day but we wanted one in Paris so can do it on 23 (22&29th we will be travelling anyway :) )

alanandline

Sorry but it is cheaper to buy 4 and get carer in free rather than buy 5. Say pass price £100. 4 would be £360 at sponsored price, 5 would be £400 at family 20% off.

However I believe a carer cannot get into EMH and for that reason I'd probably get 5 passes as long as all at same address with family discount.

Araminta

Wow I am really chuffed with all the help  ;D

One last question, if I buy the tickets now will that mean they run out next February or 365 days after the first use? 

alanandline

I also think you can go in buying one day ticket and buy your Fantasypass that day even if a blackout, hence getting round the blackout as long as it's at start of trip.

alanandline

Araminta

OOh good to know I was thinking I was being cheeky but I had pondered if that was acceptable  ;)

So I could go buy a day pass for us all when we get there on Saturday or Sunday (blackout days) and upgrade to fantasy bypassing the faff on Monday and take advantage of EMH. That sounds like a plan.  ;D

Quote from: alanandline on February 18, 2016, 11:27:59 PM
I also think you can go in buying one day ticket and buy your Fantasypass that day even if a blackout, hence getting round the blackout as long as it's at start of trip.

stifle

Quote from: alanandline on February 18, 2016, 11:24:30 PM
Sorry but it is cheaper to buy 4 and get carer in free rather than buy 5. Say pass price £100. 4 would be £360 at sponsored price, 5 would be £400 at family 20% off.

However I believe a carer cannot get into EMH and for that reason I'd probably get 5 passes as long as all at same address with family discount.

You're assuming you can find two sponsors, but that is true.

It is also correct that as a concession the blackout days are not applied on the day of issue of your first pass. This isn't in the terms and conditions any longer but you will probably be fine buying and starting your passes on the 23rd. To be extra safe buy 1 day passes on the gate and transform them into APs in the afternoon.

I would not see a point in buying right now though. If you have the money, put it in a savings account and earn a bit of interest on it between now and then. Plus, when my wife bought an AP voucher online for exchange at the park, the voucher had a 3-month validity.

A&S&O

I presume you're meaning the Classic Pass for £100?
Are you taking into account that they don't include Magic Hours or free parking?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Araminta

Thanks so much for the help, yes I think we shall keep the Euro's undermy mattress. We are staying in Chessey so we might have an adhoc day on the Sunday and also pop to Disney in the afternoon to buy the park tickets ready for a proper start on the Monday   ;D You guys are great thanks so much for the help.

stifle

To help with your planning do be aware that annual passports are not an instant thing. You buy your ticket on the gate as normal and then take it to the Bureau Passeport Annuel, where all guests must be present in person, and the CMs will need to prepare your contract for all guests to sign, take your photos, and print the passports. For me the process took just over an hour including waiting time, though it is very variable; I came to sponsor a group of guests another afternoon and we were in and out within 20 minutes.

alanandline

Quote from: A&S&O on February 19, 2016, 09:17:51 AM

I presume you're meaning the Classic Pass for £100?
Are you taking into account that they don't include Magic Hours or free parking?

No I was just using a made up price per ticket to show if you had a sponsor that 4 tickets are cheaper than 5 on the family discount. Personally I'd want to avoid the classic due to its increased school holiday blackout days and more importantly no EMH, parking and vastly reduced other benefits. It works if you go off peak or are a local (which is the one thing it is actually designed for).