Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

Quote from: princesslaura on January 07, 2016, 01:07:46 PM
Yes that's the plan! 3 are sponsorships but 1 can't as had an annual pass less that 2 years ago! The one who sponsored you! Didn't manage to get a 3rd in the end  :(
Ah hi Laura :) I didn't notice the username as I'm browsing on my phone!

princesslaura

Quote from: stifle on January 07, 2016, 01:09:13 PM
Quote from: princesslaura on January 07, 2016, 01:07:46 PM
Yes that's the plan! 3 are sponsorships but 1 can't as had an annual pass less that 2 years ago! The one who sponsored you! Didn't manage to get a 3rd in the end  :(
Ah hi Laura :) I didn't notice the username as I'm browsing on my phone!

Haha that's funny  :) do the people on the phone speak English? Going to call now.

stifle

I don't know. I speak French (as you may remember :)) so whenever I've called I've dealt with them in French.

princesslaura

Haha very impressive french as well! I called, turned out much more expensive that way so thinking of staying off site or booking two rooms for 1  :) looking forward to it though!

Mr_Maui

Hi everyone,

This summer my annual pass will expire. Until july I can give 3 persons 10% discount on the purchase of an annual pass.

Every weekend (saturdays, sundays and mondays) I can be in Disneyland.

Please send me an e-mail if I can help you!

boverington

Hi.

There will be two of us there from Wednesday 20th Jan until Saturday 24th Jan if anyone would like sponsoring.

lpenny

Hi planning to buy shares and buy so later this year, does anyone know if we are better of with
Shareholder discount or family of 5 20% discount?

never2old

Quote from: lpenny on January 18, 2016, 09:04:04 AM
Hi planning to buy shares and buy so later this year, does anyone know if we are better of with

The family discount is better, you only get 15% with the Shareholders Club discount.

In any case, unless you're already a member, they've temporarily stopped the new membership applications for the Shareholders Club.

A&S&O

Quote from: never2old on January 18, 2016, 09:51:52 AM
Quote from: lpenny on January 18, 2016, 09:04:04 AM

The family discount is better, you only get 15% with the Shareholders Club discount.

In any case, unless you're already a member, they've temporarily stopped the new membership applications for the Shareholders Club.

If any of your family are 11 or under you could buy childrens AP from Discount-Ticket-Store or supertrips (£80 for fantasy or £94 for Dream).
Of course, weigh up the amount you'd save against the savings you'd get buy buying family passes with 20% off.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

pablo442

Just a quick question.  If there are 8 of us staying at the hotel and already having tickets, can one of us buy an annual pass and then that person use it to get all of the discounts or does everyone in the party have to have one?
also can the annual pass be used to get a discount in rainforest café and mcdonalds

stifle

One guest with an annual passport can get merchandise and food discounts for their entire party. I bought lunch for 12 at Blockbuster Café last month with mine. At buffets and table service restaurants it is expected that the AP holder is dining if he/she wishes to get the discount, and it is appreciated if all guests pay together and sort out the division of the bill amongst themselves.

The AP does not provide any reductions in non-Disney restaurants such as those you mention (it's also no good at Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, Starbucks, and King Ludwig's).

pablo442

So at buffet restaurants it would only be the ap holder who would get the discount. We plan to eat at chez remy and inventions as our main meals would it work in both of them?

Zee79

Quote from: pablo442 on January 19, 2016, 09:39:15 AM
So at buffet restaurants it would only be the ap holder who would get the discount. We plan to eat at chez remy and inventions as our main meals would it work in both of them?
The discount is off the total bill so you would have to have one bill for the entire group not a bill per family etc, get the discount off the total then split the cost between the people eating- you all end up with discount then. We went as a group of 13 which was 4 families, put everything on one bill. I had the AP so handed that over, got the discount then split the new cost between us all so we all got the discount.

pablo442

Great,

that's fine as we are a family of 4 and we are going with brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their two kids so all bills will be split 50/50 anyway.  So I walk into a buffet restaurant, order 8 covers, pay the bill getting the discount and that is it, even though no-one else has a pass?

and just one last question, as we have our tickets through the hotel i cannot claim that back, but i can go in on the first day and go and simply buy one annual pass from the ticket office?

thanks for the help guys

stifle

Yes, that is how it works with buffets. You normally pay on entry.

To buy your annual passport you can pay at the ticket booth and they will issue you a paper ticket to take to the Bureau Passeport Annuel. In principle you can go directly to the BPA but that might cause unnecessary confusion.