Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elaine

Yes, thats right - the person without the annual pass books a package (ie hotel and park tickets). Then when you check in at your hotel, you add your name, and you will only be charged a couple of euros in local tax. We are doing this in October  :) .

Elaine

DisneyBart

Quote from: "Spikey81"Could nobody help me?
I have called the booking hotline an she told me if i come with a friend, we have to pay the normal price fore one and i, if i have the dream pass, only have to pay the tax!!! Could it be right?
For exampel:
I'm going to visit Disneyland from 09.11 - 09.13 my friend had to pay 553 Euro for the hotel + breakfast+ tickets and i only 2 Euro for the tax if i had a Dream pass    :roll:

That is correct. We've also booked it like this for new-year-eve...

Spikey81

Thank you for the info!
i am looking forward to get my first dream pass in september :-D

Spikey81

My friend would like to know how the calculated price if we both have a Dream Pass :-D

Elaine

Then you can phone Disney and ask them for the room only price, as you have APs. Be aware though, that the room only price might be more expensive than the "one person books a package and the AP holder adds their name at hotel check-in" deal. Thats certainly been my experience this year.

Elaine

bhewson

Re-posting,
Still available to sponsor 6 passes on the following days:

Hi,
We will be in dlp October fri 8, Sat 9th and Monday 11th 2010
If anyone requires sponsorship for annual passports let me know and would be happy to meet up.

B

lynnemcwhinnie

I will be holidaying in DLP in October for three days and due to return in December for another couple.  So, I am thinking of buying a 1-day pass and upgrading to the Dream Annual Passport.  But, the folks I am going with in October (who are not going in December) are unsure whether to buy an annual passport or just a 3 or 4 day.  I know the cost is similar but they're not sure what to do.  My question ... after a very long preamble ... can they upgrade from a 1-day pass to a 3 or 4 day pass at DLP?
DLP May 1992, Jun 1995, Apr 1999, May 2001, Aug 2003, Sep 2006, Nov 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Dec 2009, Oct 2010, Nov 2010, Dec 2010, Aug 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2014, Oct 2015
WDW Jun 1990, May 1992, Apr 1994, Mar 1995, Sep 1997, Jun 1998, Ju 2003, Sep 2008, Sep 2009, Sep 2013
DC Jun 2006
Future Disney Visits: DLP Nov 2017, WDW Sep 2018

itsrachelhere

Hi there,
My friend and I are going to be visiting Disneyland Paris for the first time this November. As we are planning on spending 3 to 4 days at the parks, we have decided to get a Fantasy Pass. I was just wondering if there was any lovely person out there who could sponsor us, so we get the 10% discount? We would be arriving late on the 11th November, and so looking to get the pass on the 12th November, although we could always buy a one day ticket and then upgrade on the 13th November.

Thanks in advance!

Elaine

Quote from: "lynneharvey"I will be holidaying in DLP in October for three days and due to return in December for another couple.  So, I am thinking of buying a 1-day pass and upgrading to the Dream Annual Passport.  But, the folks I am going with in October (who are not going in December) are unsure whether to buy an annual passport or just a 3 or 4 day.  I know the cost is similar but they're not sure what to do.  My question ... after a very long preamble ... can they upgrade from a 1-day pass to a 3 or 4 day pass at DLP?

You know you don't have to buy a one-day pass before getting an AP don't you? You can pay for your AP at either Guest Services or Bureau Donald, at the entrance to the main park. That way you don't have to buy a one-day pass in advance, and in Bureau Donald, they will give you your permanent AP there and then, without having to go to the AP office in the park.

I'm a bit lost about why your friends would want to buy a one-day pass in advance when they are going to the parks for 3 or 4 days - surely even if they didn't want an AP, it would be cheaper to buy a 3 or 4-day park hopper in advance, than to buy a one-day and then upgrade it to a 3 or 4-day park hopper ticket and pay regular gate price (ie no discount).

3 days is usually seen as the "break-even" point for considering a Fantasy AP over a park hopper ticket, if that helps.

Elaine

lynnemcwhinnie

Hi Elaine
Thank you for your post - I didn't realise that you could just buy an annual passport before entering the park - I will find Bureau Donald and purchase there.
My friends are still unsure as to whether they want an annual passport or just a 3 or 4 day and I guess I was giving them the option of either one until the very last moment of arriving at the park and deciding once and for all.  If they only had a one-day that could be upgraded to either an AP or a day pass ... it gave them the greatest option.  But we have been offered sponsorship by another forum member and so it will definitely be cheaper for them to have the AP - they'd be mad not to take up the offer and possibly return later in the year or next year.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Lynne
DLP May 1992, Jun 1995, Apr 1999, May 2001, Aug 2003, Sep 2006, Nov 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Dec 2009, Oct 2010, Nov 2010, Dec 2010, Aug 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2014, Oct 2015
WDW Jun 1990, May 1992, Apr 1994, Mar 1995, Sep 1997, Jun 1998, Ju 2003, Sep 2008, Sep 2009, Sep 2013
DC Jun 2006
Future Disney Visits: DLP Nov 2017, WDW Sep 2018

davewasbaloo

We were advised when we renewed our APs at Bureau Donald in June 2010 that this could be done at any of the ticket booths now. Not sure as things are so changeable at DLP, but that is what they told us.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Does anyone know if this rumoured AP WDSP EMH this week and weekend is real or just rumour? Push comes to shove I will check in the AP office on Friday, but I wondered if anyone knew.
since 2001 (many before that)

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I'm sure you already know by now Dave, as you're either there now or already back (like me :( ), but to answer your question as info also for others: yes, starting from August 25th up to September 17th Annual Pass holders can enjoy exclusive EMH from 8:30 each day at Toy Story Playland. Each AP holder can bring two friends (but they need park tickets).

jemmaelf

hi we are dream pass holders, i have read this with interest could someone clarify which would be beneficial

purchase hotel room for 1 person and 1 ticket and then add the other two dream pass holders on arrival   (do they get breakfast).  or do i go for the hotel for all three using discount dream pass offers, or do i purchase room only for 1 person using dream pass discount then add the other two on arrival??

sorry its long winded
mandy

Elaine

first thing to do jemma, is to check online for the price for the hotel/park tickets package for one adult. Thats the total price you will pay, apart from a couple of euros per night local taxes at the most. When you arrive at your hotel to check in, you add the other 2 names of your party to your booking, then you will get your hotel easypass which will be for 3 people (so all 3 of you get breakfast).

When you know the online price for a one-adult package as above, you can then phone the Disney booking line and ask them how much the same hotel would be for bed and breakfast for the  3 of you with Dream Pass discount (it will be the same price for the room, regardless of how many people there are, but if you want to, you can ask them the price for one and the price for 3).

Then you will have all the information, and you can decide what suits you best  :) .

Elain