Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topcat401965P

Can UK residents purchase the annual passports?

Elaine

Quote from: "Topcat401965P"Can UK residents purchase the annual passports?

yes, anyone can.

Elaine

Topcat401965P

Thanks Elaine,
But when you stay at a Disney Hotel, tickets are included and when i enquired about excluding the tickets - the holiday price was increased. How do u work that out?
In USA, you can book a hotel room only and buy the tickets seperately so we were able to purchase an anual passport. But in France, a different system.
Puzzled!!!

bensmum

Quote from: "Topcat401965P"Thanks Elaine,
But when you stay at a Disney Hotel, tickets are included and when i enquired about excluding the tickets - the holiday price was increased. How do u work that out?
In USA, you can book a hotel room only and buy the tickets seperately so we were able to purchase an anual passport. But in France, a different system.
Puzzled!!!
Don't know when you tried to book but there ave been lots of "package deals" lately with up to 40% off. I remember someone here booking the package with tickets even though they had AP as it was so much cheaper. :?:  While it's good for the likes of me it does seem unfair on AP holders and doesn't seem to reward loyalty.
Maybe someone knows if there are cheaper places to book but I would have thought it would be better to stay off-site if you have AP, again doesn't seem to reward regular customers. :?

disneymom

Quote from: "bensmum"
Quote from: "Topcat401965P"Thanks Elaine,
Puzzled!!!
Don't know when you tried to book but there ave been lots of "package deals" lately with up to 40% off. I remember someone here booking the package with tickets even though they had AP as it was so much cheaper. :?:  While it's good for the likes of me it does seem unfair on AP holders and doesn't seem to reward loyalty.
Maybe someone knows if there are cheaper places to book but I would have thought it would be better to stay off-site if you have AP, again doesn't seem to reward regular customers. :?

The room only prices are quit good for the disney hotels on expedia.fr. We paid for a premium bungalow at the Davy Crocket ranch at eastertime € 97,00 per night.

Disneymom

Elaine

AP room only prices are usually more these days than a package, because (at least for Uk customers) Disney hotel packages more often than not have discounts on them - AP room only doesn't get the same high discounts. I've had an AP since 2007, and haven't used it to book room only with AP discount since the end of that year - every other time i've checked prices against package price/offsite/room only with Expedia, its been more expensive to go the AP room only route.

Elaine

MyKey

Someone needs a sponsor for annual pass?
I go to DLP this sunday (or this saturday if you want!). So, if anyone wants to get sponsored (until 3 people), I would be happy to give a hand! please, by MP... My annual pass ends soon... Thanks!

pontyslapper

HI all,

What a useful place this is!

We are going to be at DLP on the 23 or 24th (most probably 24th) of August and will be looking to buy AP's for me and my wife, our little one doesn't turn 3 until mid September so we'll get her's on our next visit early next year (hopefully!)

Is any kind person with an AP going to be in the parks on the 23rd or 24th August (preferably 24th)?

Another tip for anyone new to this - join Quidco, then follow the links from Quidco into Disney's booking engine for your 1 day 15% off ticket - buy them - and get an extra 4.5% off via Quidco!

We bought 2 x 1day2park 15% discount tickets this way and got £6.63 back - dropping the price from £102 to £95.37!

Its only a small amount, but its all money for magic spends in the parks!

peep

Hi everyone. I'll be at the park from next Wednesday (14th), I'm going with my family and we're going to all buy annual passes. However I'm getting the Dream pass and my family are getting the Fantasy passes. I know with the Dream pass you get in to the park's magic hours but I'm not sure if you can with the Fantasy passes, does anyone know?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Laura678

Quote from: "peep"Hi everyone. I'll be at the park from next Wednesday (14th), I'm going with my family and we're going to all buy annual passes. However I'm getting the Dream pass and my family are getting the Fantasy passes. I know with the Dream pass you get in to the park's magic hours but I'm not sure if you can with the Fantasy passes, does anyone know?

Hiya,
The Dream AP is the only AP which allows you access to the parks for EMH
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

jemmaelf

hope someone can help, my husband, daughter and I have fantasy passes due to expire august my sons expires dec
we will be there in august (except son) can we renew and upgrade all 4 tickets to dream pass and how much would that cost also can we sponsor each other

Elaine

Quote from: "jemmaelf"hope someone can help, my husband, daughter and I have fantasy passes due to expire august my sons expires dec
we will be there in august (except son) can we renew and upgrade all 4 tickets to dream pass and how much would that cost also can we sponsor each other

you won't be able to renew your son's pass in August, it has to be renewed within one month of its expiry. there would be no advantage in upgrading your son's pass to a Dream in August if he's not present.
On renewal of your other passes, yes, you can upgrade (or downgrade) your passes. You just pay the new fee for the year (ie Dream 189 euros etc). You won't be able to use sponsorship at all on your renewal passes - you can only get the 10% discount on buying new passes if you haven't held an annual pass at all within the past 2 years. if you are shareholders though, you can use your shareholders club membership to get 15% discount on each renewal annual pass.

Elaine

pontyslapper

Just another quick shout out - Are any existing AP holders going to be about the park on August 23rd or 24th??

I need a kind soul to sponsor us for the following.

We are looking to get 2 Fantasy passes - our little one is still 2 so no need for hers yet!

Spikey81

Hello together,

if i buy a dream pass, i have a discont in the hotels, so if i come with frieds they dont have a annuell pass how much have they to pay for the hotel and the parktickets? Can they benefit from my discont too?
I am from Germany and here we can make a reservation only for the hotel and the tickets for the park.
Sorry for my bad english but i hope you understand what i mean :-D

Spikey81

Could nobody help me?
I have called the booking hotline an she told me if i come with a friend, we have to pay the normal price fore one and i, if i have the dream pass, only have to pay the tax!!! Could it be right?
For exampel:
I'm going to visit Disneyland from 09.11 - 09.13 my friend had to pay 553 Euro for the hotel + breakfast+ tickets and i only 2 Euro for the tax if i had a Dream pass    :roll: