Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavinng

Thanks Mileto. That's good to know. My dad and sis-in-law might wanna do Buffalo Bills, so we'll just have to top up for them. HK and Tokyo don't have meal plans, so we've only used them once at WDW. Last time we visited DLP, we didn't get meal plans.

stifle

Quote from: Mileto on April 20, 2015, 09:28:26 AM
You are not supposed to pay extra actually. Full board Plus adult is EUR 60, child EUR 30. This is a lot of money. You can have lunch with menu everywhere you want, or dinner at all-you-can-eat buffet, without paying extra.

With this plan you can use it as cash and need to pay the difference only for following - Auberge de Cendrillon, Buffalo Bill Show, Inventions.
Also excluded are California Grill, Rainforest Café, Planet Hollywood, Starbucks, and McDonald's. At table service restaurants Plus vouchers cover a set menu only.

gavinng

Mileto

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

gavinng

stifle

gavinng

Girl Scout Mom

I am going to DLP for the first time this summer.  ;D

I booked under the offer that was available until the end of march -- 30% off hotel + park tickets and half board free.

Does anyone know what level half board that is? It does not indicate a level on my reservation. I am staying at the Sequia Lodge.

justlikeidreamedit

Hi

Para below is taken from the terms and conditions section of DLP website where it lists the offers. Took me a while to find it but we are doing the same in July so I found it quite useful.

"If you stay at Disney's Sequoia Lodge, Disney's Newport Bay Club Disney's or Hotel New York, you will get a meal voucher "Plus" valid in the restaurants listed above plus: Walt's - An American Restaurant, Blue Lagoon Restaurant, Silver Spur Steakhouse, Café Mickey , The Steakhouse, Manhattan Restaurant, Parkside Diner, Yacht Club, Cape Cod, Beaver Creek, Hunter's Grill, Annette's Diner, Bistrot Chez Rémy "

Girl Scout Mom

Thank you so very much! That helps a lot with our planning.

Mamaboogie

Hiya!  :)

My first post of these forums (went straight to the dining one of course!)

We have also received free half board plus dining for August. I've never used any of the DLP meal plans before (have used dining plans in WDW) I think I have just got my head around it (thanks to DLP guide) I think!

I'm looking forward to going to restaurants such as Walt's and Blue Lagoon - am I correct in thinking I don't have to stick to a specific half board menu? I can use the voucher against any food at these restaurants?

stifle

Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 07, 2015, 06:28:13 PM

We have also received free half board plus dining for August. I've never used any of the DLP meal plans before (have used dining plans in WDW) I think I have just got my head around it (thanks to DLP guide) I think!

I'm looking forward to going to restaurants such as Walt's and Blue Lagoon - am I correct in thinking I don't have to stick to a specific half board menu? I can use the voucher against any food at these restaurants?

Welcome and thanks for stopping by!

You have two options to use the vouchers at the restaurants you mention – either choose the specified three-course set menu and a soft drink of our choice with nothing more to pay, or alternatively order what you like and the vouchers' nominal value of €34 per adult and €16 per child will be taken off the bill, leaving the remainder to pay.

Mcflurrys2015

Hi all

We go to DLP in August and have booked the half board plus I have seen the list of restraints we can eat in but I was wondering if you can use the vouchers at any of the counter service places (the quick places) I know there are a few exceptions (rainforest, planet Hollywood, mcdonalds)
Many thanks
Hotel New york July 2009
Santa fe Aug 2009
Seqoia Lodge  August 2015
Day trip July 2016
Off site - Kyriad nov 2016
Off site explores Feb 2017
Walt Disney World Caribbean beach booked Aug- 2019

Mileto

You can, with their face value. But it's not worth it because counter service places are much cheaper and you won't get the difference back. You loose it.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Northwest Passage

Quote from: stifle on June 07, 2015, 08:18:17 PM
Quote from: Mamaboogie on June 07, 2015, 06:28:13 PM

Welcome and thanks for stopping by!

You have two options to use the vouchers at the restaurants you mention – either choose the specified three-course set menu and a soft drink of our choice with nothing more to pay, or alternatively order what you like and the vouchers' nominal value of €34 per adult and €16 per child will be taken off the bill, leaving the remainder to pay.
Can you mix and match with the above, i.e. can one person choose the set menu and the others redeem the cost of the voucher against a la carte ?