Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

With effect from 1st April the cost of all HB meal plans goes up by €1 per person per night and FB goes up €2 per person per night. The value of vouchers increases correspondingly to:

Plan Adult Child
Hotel FB lunch €13 €7
Hotel HB and FB dinner: no cash value, only usable in your hotel's buffet restaurant
Standard €27 €14
Plus €34 €16
Premium €58 €30

For Full Board meal plans except Hotel plans, the lunch and dinner vouchers have exactly the same value as one another.

tsaress

Just wanting a bit of a hand I'm a little confused about the meal plans.
About 3 years ago I went with my parents and we stayed at the santa fe and we had the Premium meal plan. It was bought via a french travel agent because my parents live in france.

I'm looking at disney website holidays and it seem that the upgrade of meal plans are only on half board to full board. We want to go inventions for a sunday bunch one of the days and it seems the hotel that will allowed to use that voucher is only if you stay at disneyland hotel.
We just don't have the money to stay there we much rather use extra money on nice meals and propably end up staying at Sequoia Lodge.

Is there anyway of upgrading plans?
DLP March 2018, DLP October 2017, DLP June 2017, DLP April 2017
DLP July 2015, DLP Jan 2013, DLP August 2006, DLP July 1998
DLP April 1993
WDW July 1988

DisneyRon

You can't book the high end plans with the lower tier hotels through the website.

However, if you give them a call, they'll happily upgrade you to whatever plan you'd like, no problem at all. :)

Usually, I arrange my DLP trips through a travel agent, and they don't have any issues booking higher tier plans on lower tier hotels either. ;) It's just the website that doesn't really offer that option directly.

tsaress

thanks a lot sounds like travel agent might be better then.
DLP March 2018, DLP October 2017, DLP June 2017, DLP April 2017
DLP July 2015, DLP Jan 2013, DLP August 2006, DLP July 1998
DLP April 1993
WDW July 1988

xdisney

For my trip, I have free plus half board meal vouchers. We're still not sure where to eat yet, do you have to book in advance or can you book on the day? We'd rather decide on the day! And I'm also a bit confused about the guide, do you have to pick from a set menu in table restaurants? Also, if for example, we wanted to eat at Hakuna Matata or Colonel Hathi, could we use a voucher there? Thanks :)

stifle

Quote from: xdisney on March 03, 2015, 11:33:43 PM
For my trip, I have free plus half board meal vouchers. We're still not sure where to eat yet, do you have to book in advance or can you book on the day? We'd rather decide on the day! And I'm also a bit confused about the guide, do you have to pick from a set menu in table restaurants? Also, if for example, we wanted to eat at Hakuna Matata or Colonel Hathi, could we use a voucher there? Thanks :)
Half-board plus vouchers entitle you to eat at any restaurant bar Inventions, California Grill, and Auberge de Cendrillon. They're usable at these places with a value of €33 adult/€15 child (values valid until the end of this month). If you go to a buffet or counter service restaurant your vouchers will also be warmly welcomed, but no change is given.

In table service restaurants you can either use the vouchers as full payment for a three-course set-menu plus a soft drink, or at their face value towards any items you like.

You can just turn up on the day if you feel lucky, or book in the morning for that evening, but you do run the risk that your preferred restaurant will be sold-put.

xdisney

Thanks for your reply  :) Another quick thing, with the plus meal plan, do you have to order off the set menu given in the table service restaurants or can you pick other things from the menu?

Queen Elsa

You get better value if you order from the set menu but you are fine to order what you like up to the value of your vouchers x

xdisney

Great, thanks! I'm not sure we'd be able to eat a 3 course meal each every night so I just wanted to make sure we could order one/two instead :)

izzysfirstdisney

Quick Question

We go tomorrow! Yay!!

We go from Monday to Friday with the Eurostar back on the Friday

My question is can I use one of the vouchers for Friday lunch or does it have to be in the Monday -Thursday days?

stecal

Hi from what i remember they are dated for your whole stay and they expire on your departure day so you can use them on the day you leave, i used 2 on 1 day as we had pre paid for buffalo bills one night so you can use them whenever you like during your stay

stifle

Yes that's right. You can use the vouchers any time from the day you arrive until the day you leave.

Caz

When we visit for 3 nights in August and we'd like to try Bistrot Chez Remy, and maybe another table service restaurant. I'm trying to work out whether it's woth upgrading our standard meal plan to plus or if, maybe, we can get shareholder discount on any excess to pay over voucher value, in which case it probably wouldn't be.

If anyone has any experience of using shareholder card together with meal plan vouchers I'd be interested to hear.

Thanks.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

gavinng

We're on the Full board Plus plan, and if I understand correctly, it just means that we've pre-paid about 30 Euros per meal, and anything over that we just have to top it off with cash.

Does this also work for Buffalo Bill's and Character dining?

Mileto

You are not supposed to pay extra actually. Full board Plus adult is EUR 60, child EUR 30. This is a lot of money. You can have lunch with menu everywhere you want, or dinner at all-you-can-eat buffet, without paying extra.

With this plan you can use it as cash and need to pay the difference only for following - Auberge de Cendrillon, Buffalo Bill Show, Inventions.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all