20th | Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train

Started by Festival Disney, January 14, 2012, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

meh!

it was fairly bleh before and it's bleh now imho.

ford prefect

Thankyou for posting that video.  I enjoyed that, looking forward to seeing the real thing
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

littlemermaid83

The meet and greet part for this is a area that is roped off, where you wait behind a rope to get a autograph. I personally think the whole rope thing is dangerous and I can see a few kids getting crushed. I know the old free for all way wasn't perfect but I'd prefer that then this.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Glstitch

Now after seeing it a couple of times it isn't that bad , I prefer this to Minnie's Party Train ! But please Disney relpace that awful looking Tink (do they want to have kids with trauma's ?). I thought that fenced off area only was to film the characters ? otherwise it would be a shame if you could only meet some of them...

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Glstitch"Now after seeing it a couple of times it isn't that bad , I prefer this to Minnie's Party Train ! But please Disney relpace that awful looking Tink (do they want to have kids with trauma's ?). I thought that fenced off area only was to film the characters ? otherwise it would be a shame if you could only meet some of them...

Oh was it! Hopefully it will go back to a free for all then lol. (Never thought I'd hear myself say that haha)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

scampbunny

i too hope that ur not limited to a roped area, at least in the 'scrums' u can move about, if ur roped in then ur really stuck.... also when they all went to their own 'areas' u cud choose who u wanted, to be roped in together wud surely limit the amount of ppl who can see characters as ull get those ppl who take over and prevent others getting a look in.....

bring back the free for all lol

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

britincgn

I just don't understand this ....its the 20th ,its important .
Im sure Dreams is going to be amazing but why not look back at the original train ,by far the best version.
Bring back MSEP.

Well at least it can be used for the Gay Days LOL

Anthony

Quote from: "britincgn"Well at least it can be used for the Gay Days LOL
I desperately wanted to write on DLRP Today, "it's always good to see Mickey and friends teaching children gay rights/the dangers of drug use". But I, err, didn't. And certainly didn't here either! ;)

I do have to stick up for this version of the train though and say it's nice to see it given a more complete "look", with the full repainting, the costumes and the new music. It actually feels successfully refreshed, rather than just chopped and changed. Even if its "garish", I'd almost prefer they went big on garish than tried to match the quality of the park and potentially fail, which sometimes looks worse.

Now I'll just sit and wait for DLP to bring us something worthwhile like Minnie's Fly Girls. :-"

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "Anthony"Even if its "garish", I'd almost prefer they went big on garish than tried to match the quality of the park and potentially fail, which sometimes looks worse.

We'll never know until they'll actually try! The thing is, it doesn't cost more to do it right as you imply on DLRPToday, it's mostly a question of accepting to make your work part of a whole rather than have it stand out at all costs. The design philosophy of Disneyland was exactly that, to eliminate contradictions and create a harmonious environment where elements don't compete for attention.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Auroura86

I think it looks nothing like the promo pic, but you know what? I like it :)
Where me keys? Where me phone?

Javey74

Here's some photos from my DLP trip Tuesday 27th March..  :D

Theme Tune: "Do You Believe"..  :-"

[youtube:1k4w79w9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1AsD2rN98&feature=player_detailpage#t=62s[/youtube:1k4w79w9]

Enjoy..  :D

Epcot_Boy

We must have been standing very close to each other J74, very close. I was the handsome one :lol:

Here's mine plus video Which is coming  :thumbs:

David

Epcot_Boy

Here's the video......

[youtube:27w4tkpt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj_rhAHBVBE[/youtube:27w4tkpt]

:D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

David

Javey74

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"We must have been standing very close to each other J74, very close. I was the handsome one :lol:
Mmmmm, what day and roughly what time were those shots taken, I can narrow it down..  :mrgreen:

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"We must have been standing very close to each other J74, very close. I was the handsome one :lol:
Mmmmm, what day and roughly what time were those shots taken, I can narrow it down..  :mrgreen:

Tuesday 27th at exactly 12.36 :) Or was it 13.36, can't remember if I put the clock forward on my camera :oops:

That was actually the only day I saw the parade, I looked out for it on other days but didn't come across it again. Was it on other days? I thought that one was only a trial run :o

David