20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

A hug and a wave is very good, too. And maybe will have to do. :thumbs:
Ed & David

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "ed-uk"I think in America he talks? But in Europe it's a bigger problem because of the amount of languages as you say. But if he does talk it'll be in French and maybe English, I assume.

Not yet, Talking Mickey is still only in the testing stage in the US. He's tested at special events and after-hour parties. There's still no sign of him in regular-use which makes it seem unrealistic we'll receive him just yet.

littlemermaid83

InsideDLParis messaged me a few weeks back saying we will not be getting a Mickey that talks. So looks like its either a prerecorded audio tape or hugs and pointing.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ed-uk

@ 15Magicalyears   I wasn't really sure, I thought the talking Mickey might be more permantent than the testing stage. But it woudn't work so well in Europe because of all the languages anyway, maybe one day Disney will come up with technology.
Ed & David

DLP-Photos.com

Source: InsideDLParis Twitter

Source: PhotosMagiques Twitter

This is another part of the new stuff that looks really great. Easy to see who has been involved in this! The electric LED sign may not be that much Fantasyland style, but let's not forget that it is in the british corner and after all they have the West End and so. Such a nice looking exterior design that can only build expectations for the interior.

(Just look at this and then look at the meet'n'greet locations we got last year - especially the Ratatouille one in WDS!)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

ed-uk

Thanks for posting. The overall effect is very pleasing and even the sign with the smaller French words looks OK to me on this occasion, even if it is in the British corner.
Ed & David

pussinboots

I'm generally very positive about the styling of the facade (and particularly the sign, where they really messed up with the Princess Pavilion), but one thing bothers me a little: it doesn't really appear to make sense? If it's a theater, why has the ticket booth been replaced by an informative sign and why doesn't the venue have a name? Why don't the signs announce Mickey's show? Where in Britain are we?

I realize that they want people to know what they're walking into, but this shouldn't lead them to forget that they should be telling a story.

At the Magic Kingdom, the big permanent sign reads "Town Square Theater." The "Meet Mickey Mouse" element is on a fabric banner that appears to be temporary. That seems to make a lot more sense...

But banners might be coming, I don't know. Just a shame about the ticket booth...

Josh

I think it turned out rather nice. I'm just worried that the story of the magic show isn't very obvious from the exterior.

But I can't wait to see the details that Imagineering have added to the queue. :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Auroura86

Seriously hoping this really will be ready before May now. I have a feeling it will be but I dont want to get my hopes up
Where me keys? Where me phone?

CafeFantasia

Will Meet Mickey Mouse be strictly for young kids, or will it have things that adults and couples can enjoy? Is there stuff to see and watch inside, even if you don't meet Mickey Mouse?

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Alan"Will Meet Mickey Mouse be strictly for young kids, or will it have things that adults and couples can enjoy? Is there stuff to see and watch inside, even if you don't meet Mickey Mouse?

No, it's a meet & greet. Once you step inside the front doors you are in line to meet the mouse. The magic posters and cartoons projected on the stage are to entertain the people in the queue.

CafeFantasia

Oh. That's a shame. I mean, it's great for kids, but it doesn't really add much to the Disneyland Paris experience for everyone else, other than a nice exterior.

Rachel84

I'm 28 but I know I'll end up queueing for it just to see what its like. I'm going with friends this summer so I won't have kids with me....usually that doesn't bother me at all but I'm not sure what to expect with this?? If Mickey doesn't talk (which I'm assuming he won't) I'm going to have to make conversation, which might be a little bit awkward..... :?

I want to meet him though!

littlemermaid83

Even though you can meet Mickey in other places around the resort I'd still queue up for this.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

CafeFantasia

You can see the sign for Meet Mickey Mouse lit up at night in this photo of Dreams!: