20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamdisney

dreamdisney

Anthony

Some details of the interior layout revealed.

QuoteAs for the inside, we can reveal that the layout will largely stay true to its theatre origins. Guests will queue back and forth roughly along the former rows of seating, with the centrepiece being the stage itself, where a projection screen will be installed.

Following the queue line up into the theatre's real backstage area, they will enter a vestibule area before finally encountering Magician Mickey Mouse himself, in his backstage dressing room, littered with props similar to those seen in his Florida meet 'n' greet. Exit will be via the left-hand side of the theatre, past the souvenir photo wall and sales area in the left bay. Numerous other details, accessories and "animated posters" will complete the attraction.

We can also confirm that "Magician" Mickey here really will employ some special magic tricks, allowing him to shorten the queue time by as much as two or three times, depending on attendance...
Read more: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2012/03/23/woo ... reek-home/

dreamdisney

MissDisneyisMagical

Those pictures are really cute, wondering if theyll do something similar as merchandise.
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Festival Disney

For the time being, they should call this "Meet Mickey Mouse... in a Shed" :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dreamdisney

CafeFantasia

That's a gorgeous and very classy sign. It's nice to see full Disney quality back in Paris.

Anthony

Shame about the ugly "Rencontre avec Mickey" completely disrespecting the British theme of the area (not the mention the intelligence of French visitors themselves)...

But yes, otherwise a lovely marquee.

dagobert

I also like the sign and I have to agree that the Rencontre Avec Mickey wouldn't have been necessary. Like Anthony already pointed out, they should have sticked to the British theme of the area.

Howevre I have one negative point. I would have prefered lightbulbs, like on the signs on Main Street, instead of LEDs. In my opinion they look more classy.

ed-uk

Yes, but if you're French and can't speak English, a sign also in French like Rencontre Avec Mickey ( in smaller letters and under the English ) could be helpful to them.
Ed & David

littlemermaid83

Love how its coming along! Can't wait to see photos of the inside.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Auroura86

I am really really really hoping they catch up on this, as it's the attraction my son is looking forward to most, however, we are going home on the 13th. When we booked it for that date, we thought all the new additions for the 20th anniversary will be open. I know there'll be a temp one but it's just not the same. So really really really hoping they catch up and open it. If not, ah well.
Where me keys? Where me phone?

Anthony

Quote from: "ed-uk"Yes, but if you're French and can't speak English, a sign also in French like Rencontre Avec Mickey ( in smaller letters and under the English ) could be helpful to them.
How dumb do we think French visitors are? If they can cope with all the English-named attractions, shops and restaurants throughout Main Street and Frontierland, they can cope with the word "Meet" here. Really all they need to see are the words "Mickey Mouse" and it becomes clear, they can ignore the "Meet" the same way we might ignore the "Les Voyages de" of Pinocchio's attraction title. At Disneyland Paris it has always been about communicating visually. If they feel they have to add subtitles, they've failed.

If "Recontre avec Mickey" needed to be communicated, it should be on French park maps and on a smaller placard at the entrance to the queue line. No way should it be part of the main marquee. It's not even a well-integrated subtitle - the letters appear cheap and poorly placed, squashed into the space below Mickey Mouse. Makes it look like a real last minute break of confidence in the intelligence of their audience.

Such a shame, considering how good this looks otherwise.

Anthony

Even the temporary version is entirely in English to fit with Frontierland.

Source

Can you believe we have temporary signage in DLP which looks as good as that?