20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "thebritishfrog"Of course, although the props he was referring too are after you meet mickey, but the theatre is pretty enough for photos too!

So you meet Mickey first then see all the props?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "thebritishfrog"Of course, although the props he was referring too are after you meet mickey, but the theatre is pretty enough for photos too!

If the layout is similar to the WDW version (which most are saying it is) there are props in the room where you meet Mickey then there are also props and photo-spot opportunities after you meet Mickey.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"

If the layout is similar to the WDW version (which most are saying it is) there are props in the room where you meet Mickey then there are also props and photo-spot opportunities after you meet Mickey.

Oh I hope so, I don't want to be the only person hoovering around trying to take photos of everything lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"If the layout is similar to the WDW version (which most are saying it is) there are props in the room where you meet Mickey then there are also props and photo-spot opportunities after you meet Mickey.
Yes, the majority of the props are in Mickey's dressing room. I wondered about this myself - there's so much to take in there that you'd have to hold up the queue and possibly ignore Mickey to see it all!

There's not really much to see in the theatre section, besides posters and the theatre decoration itself, beautiful as it is. I impressed how real the whole experience of "stepping backstage" felt and the way they told that visually. Obviously helps a lot having a real theatre!

Quote from: "Malin"It looks and sounds like a great use of the stage. It doesn't address the issues that Disneyland Paris needs a proper in door theatre venue to stage new production shows on instead of using something like the videopolis.
Agreed, they need a signature stage show (and a new theatre with adequate capacity) to go with their parade and nighttime spectacular now. Laurent did emphasise several times that the stage is still there and still a functional stage in Meet Mickey Mouse though. I'm not sure what he was suggesting, but perhaps they could have live music or other acts while people are waiting, instead of constant cartoons?

Aurora1

All that sounds so interesting! I`m looking forward to see this. Even if it is still a long time till october.... [-o<
... I`ll definitly will be hoovering around taking photos !! :oops:
Aurora1

Anthony

Here are a couple of videos...

First some exterior shots of the real Meet Mickey Mouse in Fantasyland, seen on 31st March when they temporarily removed the walls to let the preview tour groups in, and again on 2nd April when the skies were bluer but the walls returned (with notices pointing all the way to Frontierland!):

[youtube:2gkvfbgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKt9ycCT2gA[/youtube:2gkvfbgc]
Second, a quick video walk through the temporary Meet Mickey Mouse in Frontierland.

[youtube:2gkvfbgc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTJonx3E8uU[/youtube:2gkvfbgc]
It's nowhere near as much of an "experience" as the actual attraction is going to be, but I do think it's much nicer meeting characters in these more private spaces. I would have never met Mickey if it meant queueing up on Town Square and having people in the queue stare at me while posing for the photo...

Only downside (besides the gravel around the queue line, which kids kept playing with while their parents watched!?) is the very very short background music loop. I still have it in my head now. The Fantasyland Meet Mickey won't have an area loop according to what we were told, just the sounds of the cartoons playing in the queue.

If the Fantasyland location is only for Mickey, it'd be quite nice if Minnie or some of the other gang stayed here.

Anthony

Oh and here's the Photos Magiques write-up of the Hard Hat Tour, including more photos of the exterior: http://www.photosmagiques.com/blog/2012 ... key-mouse/

Simba 27

In all my previous visits to the park, I was never able to take a picture with Mickey; the queue at Casey's Corner photoplace was always very long; this Meet and Greet may have a similar waiting time?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Simba 27"In all my previous visits to the park, I was never able to take a picture with Mickey; the queue at Casey's Corner photoplace was always very long; this Meet and Greet may have a similar waiting time?
I believe that this meet and greet will have the capability to have more than one Mickey 'meeting and greeting' at one time  :idea:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

gldc

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
Quote from: "Simba 27"In all my previous visits to the park, I was never able to take a picture with Mickey; the queue at Casey's Corner photoplace was always very long; this Meet and Greet may have a similar waiting time?
I believe that this meet and greet will have the capability to have more than one Mickey 'meeting and greeting' at one time  :idea:
Yes this was hinted somewhere official.

So excited for this but I'll be going to the temporary place in 2 weeks where there is only 1 there at the moment...I mean there only is one Mickey anyway right?  ;)
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

DopeyDad

I think there is the option for [spoiler:24qoy3w2]using a choice of doors after the first room to access 1 of 3 Mickeys[/spoiler:24qoy3w2]

Rachel84

Quote from: "DopeyDad"I think there is the option for [spoiler:skj8br6m]using a choice of doors after the first room to access 1 of 3 Mickeys[/spoiler:skj8br6m]

Ah...that would make sense actually. Hadn't thought about that.

Simba 27

Althought it will seems a bit strange to know that there will be 3 available Mickeys.... But sure it will be better for having a shorter queue line!

Past trips:

DopeyDad

I don't think you'll get any hint of this in the attraction. Good ol' Disney trickery like[spoiler:t98ijyk3]the choice of doors in Phantom Manor queue[/spoiler:t98ijyk3]

Simba 27

Ok, fine then.
In this Meet n' Greet, it will be also possible to get autographs from Mickey? And by the way, you can only get autographs if you have the "official autographs block note" and pen bought in the shops of the resort, or it is possible to have an autographs just with a normal piece of paper and a pencil?

Past trips: