20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazzle_v2003

Sorry Anthony, That is my fault. I do apologise. If you wish, you may move the discussion about the seating to the Disney Dreams topic.

I wonder if this privileged seating will involve Plaza Gardens with outside seating, you have your meal and then sit and watch Dreams. They will have a good spot from there to see Dreams. This is what they do for World of Colour.

Anthony

The 20th Anniversary decorations now going up have been given their own topic. You can find it here:

You can find a full list of the other 20th Anniversary topics on the first page of this thread.

Keep posting general 20th news and discussion here! :)

DutchBrit

Looks like a good Anniversary offer just gone up: book before end April, for dates until September and get 40% off NPB and above and 25% for SL and below. Almost getting to the point when I may book! But perhaps I may hold on for a 50%: almost definitely will be one!

littlemermaid83

Actually I got 40% off on the Cheyenne so it really depends on when you want to go.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DutchBrit

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Actually I got 40% off on the Cheyenne so it really depends on when you want to go.

The new offer is for May onwards: therefore covering the high season. I'm looking at the very first week of July, but would like to see a pricing of 800-ish euros for 3 nights in the SL or NBC. Very nearly there with 40% for NBC, but I think I'll continue to play chicken just a bit longer to see if that 50% makes an appearance!

And having looked a bit more closely at the terms, it seems that if you go for 4 nights or more, the 40% applies to all hotels. And you get a free fastpass, apparently. So not bad!

Columbiad

Surprised no-one else has picked up on this, but here is the full, English 20th Anniversary TV Spot, obviously again produced by Disney in Anaheim, like the New Generation adverts, with new animation.

[youtube:1zfduetp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGdHXDVWV4Y&feature=plcp&context=C3005942UDOEgsToPDskJYeGqheRUDQQxBdysR6IEl[/youtube:1zfduetp]

gldc

I like but once again it showcases no attractions and not at all explicit about dreams. Good mention of the parade though.

Also the tents on central plaza are almost all gone. One left earlier today.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

15MagicalYears

The administrator, Mouetto, over at DisneyCentralPlaza was lucky enough to interview Marianne Sharpe, the merchandisng director for the 20th anniversary. You can read the detailed interview here : http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t2714 ... nne-sharpe

It also came with some photos of what to expect, and I must say - I'm loving the look of the retro & signature range! In the interview Marianne said that there is around 250 new items for the 20th Anniversary!

Celebration Range:

Retro Range:

Signature Range:

It really looks as if DLP have taken on board what fans said about broadening their merchandise options.

Columbiad

Wow! The Retro stuff is exactly what I hoped they'd go for!

ed-uk

I'm loving the Retro look of the some of the merchandise, it all seems very promising and I'll be keeping a look out for the book.
Ed & David

Little mermaid 240

Wow they all look awesome! :-)
Do you have any clue on prices?
Thank you for the preview I have a feeling we'll be bringing a lot of it home! :-D
Little Mermaid x

Josh

Thanks for posting it. :) So that's what the retro-range is like? I guess it's not the EuroDisney 1992 branding that I was expecting. XD

Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Columbiad

While the shape of the castle on the Retro-range merchandise is clearly taken from that image of the castle, I'm glad they borrowed the retro look of the Disneyland Anaheim and didn't go for the '90s  EuroDisney look, which I think looks quite garish nowadays.

Anthony

Ahaa so we finally have a name for that garish blue tat they've been churning out for the past five years: "Celebration"! Almost identical and just as unappealing as the 15th Anniversary stuff.

The "Retro" merchandise (especially the mugs) is absolutely gorgeous for DLP, but also pretty confusing. Why have they made a (very faintly) 1950s/60s design for a park built in the 1990s? It has absolutely no connection to the history of Disneyland Paris at all. And in fact, it actually looks incredibly modern to me. The freshest-looking merchandise for years. They should have ironically called the shiny blue "Celebration" tack the "retro" range instead...

Pete's Dragon

Gonna have to disagree with everyone I'm afraid. I don't see the appeal of the retro stuff. Yeah it's quaint and the nostalgia of revamping designs of old has it's charm, but the design is very - for want of a better word - bland. I had to look at the cups and the tray a couple of times just to figure out what it was all about. Now I'm no expert, but surely merchandise need to be eye-catching.

Now as for the T-shirt and the garish blue 20th anniversary photo album ....... why is there no drooling emoticon??

found one