20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

I'll probably buy the garish, blue 20th anniversary photo album to go with my other DLP albums. I like it.
Ed & David

Robert97

Quote from: "Columbiad"Surprised no-one else has picked up on this, but here is the full, English 20th Anniversary TV Spot, obviously again produced by Disney in Anaheim, like the New Generation adverts, with new animation.

[youtube:1yizyyl1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGdHXDVWV4Y&feature=plcp&context=C3005942UDOEgsToPDskJYeGqheRUDQQxBdysR6IEl[/youtube:1yizyyl1]

Is the music playing in the background going to be used for Dreams ?

Columbiad

Quote from: "Robert97"Is the music playing in the background going to be used for Dreams ?

I hope so, because it's a lovely piece, but none of it seems to feature any tunes from any of the Disney films slated to be featured in the show, let alone the "We Can Fly" melody that seems to be the over-arching musical theme for the soundtrack, so I'm doubtful.

MissDisneyisMagical

Well I'm looking forward to seeing the merchandise in person and I'll definitely be getting the pin and probably the photo album not too sure about anything else though until I see it in person and can't resist temptation!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

britincgn

Love the TShirt and think it will appeal to all ages ...

Must say that i also like Minnies hat :D

CafeFantasia

I just want to comment on the new "Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary TV Spot (French)" video...

While it's gorgeous to look at, and technically very nicely done, it's absolute nonsense. Visually there's no useful information in it. It's just a ton of fluff that doesn't represent the actual product. I mean, no matter how amazing the Dreams show really is:

• Captain Hook and Peter Pan will not fight in mid-air above the castle
• Crush and his turtle buddies will not fly over Main Street
• Lightning McQueen will not drive down Main Street
• Guests will not be able to stroll down Main Street next to a walking Simba
• And since when was there a Crystal Arcade on Main Street in France? It's not like Main Street actually exists as a physical set that you can take a film crew to and shoot, is it?

I really detest these kinds of adverts. They don't inspire you to visit, because they don't show you anything that's real. It's like Disney have no confidence in the reality of their parks.

I mean, imagine two "average" people seeing this advert and discussing it:

- Did you see that new advert for Disneyland Paris on TV last night?
- Yeah, all the stuff they're doing this year looks unbelievable.
- I know. Did you see that they're actually going to have Crush flying over your head on Main Street?
- Yeah, it's amazing what they can do with holograms these days.
- Yeah. I can't wait to see it in person. I'm going to book.

Lorum

Quote from: "Alan"I just want to comment on the new "Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary TV Spot (French)" video...

While it's gorgeous to look at, and technically very nicely done, it's absolute nonsense. Visually there's no useful information in it. It's just a ton of fluff that doesn't represent the actual product. I mean, no matter how amazing the Dreams show really is:

• Captain Hook and Peter Pan will not fight in mid-air above the castle
• Crush and his turtle buddies will not fly over Main Street
• Lightning McQueen will not drive down Main Street
• Guests will not be able to stroll down Main Street next to a walking Simba
• And since when was there a Crystal Arcade on Main Street in France? It's not like Main Street actually exists as a physical set that you can take a film crew to and shoot, is it?

I really detest these kinds of adverts. They don't inspire you to visit, because they don't show you anything that's real. It's like Disney have no confidence in the reality of their parks.

I mean, imagine two "average" people seeing this advert and discussing it:

- Did you see that new advert for Disneyland Paris on TV last night?
- Yeah, all the stuff they're doing this year looks unbelievable.
- I know. Did you see that they're actually going to have Crush flying over your head on Main Street?
- Yeah, it's amazing what they can do with holograms these days.
- Yeah. I can't wait to see it in person. I'm going to book.

I can't stop laughing! Superb! Great post! I agree on everything.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

dagobert

Very well written, Alan. I totally agree with you. It's another cheap spot, but at least it's an improvement to recent years.

ed-uk

No, and for anybody heading to Paris, don't be surprised if you don't see a giant Mickey Mouse and Buzz lightyear walking the Streets, because Paris isn't really like that. It might be hard for two average people to figure it out?
Ed & David

CafeFantasia

What I meant was, the average/positive person could see that advert and assume that it's all real. So if they book a holiday based on that advert, when they show up in person they're going to be dissapointed.

And a cynical person could see that advert and automatically dismiss it as fake and misleading, which it is. They realise that it's just another marketing trick and decide that there's no way they're booking a holiday.

As you can probably tell, I like adverts that are honest and show the product for what it is. I don't like adverts that try to trick you and fool you into buying something that doesn't exist. I mean, if the product is genuinely excellent and amazing, all you need to do to sell it is show it. So to get the public excited about Dreams, all Disney need to do is show 40 seconds of Dreams.

ed-uk

They've not filmed Dreams and used it in an advert, which I assume you think they should of. But since the shows not finished and the adverts are probably planned months in advance, maybe that wouldn't have been possible.  Nobody will think that they will be walking down Main Street with a group of hand drawn Disney cartoon characters, will they?
Ed & David

DutchBrit

Quote from: "Alan"What I meant was, the average/positive person could see that advert and assume that it's all real

Umm, sorry, I don't think an 'average' person would think that advert was real! It's a cartoon, you know, like Disney make. Bright, colourful fantasy. The last Christmas one had the castle flying through the sky. I don't think many people actually thought the castle would fly to your personal window and transport you to Paris!

Perhaps once Dreams is showing, that might be part of further advertising.

dagobert

Quote from: "DutchBrit"
Quote from: "Alan"What I meant was, the average/positive person could see that advert and assume that it's all real

Umm, sorry, I don't think an 'average' person would think that advert was real! It's a cartoon, you know, like Disney make. Bright, colourful fantasy. The last Christmas one had the castle flying through the sky. I don't think many people actually thought the castle would fly to your personal window and transport you to Paris!

Perhaps once Dreams is showing, that might be part of further advertising.

Of course the average person will know that the advert is not real. Maybe I'm seeing it from a different point of view, because you are from the Netherlands while Ed and Alan are from the UK. Disneyland is very well known in these countries and so there is no need to show more of the parks so that people know what to expect.

Here in Austria, or even in Germany, it's totally different. There is no advertising about DLRP at all and there are still people who think "Euro Disney" closed. Of course the number is decreasing, but I'm not sure if such a spot would attract people to Disneyland when they don't know a lot about that place. I know times have changed and people can get more informations on the internet or at travel agencies after they have seen the spot.

However, would you book a trip based on just that commercial when you don't know a lot about Disneyland. Since Disneyland Paris has its key markets, I gues there is no need for other spots or to expand the advertising to other countries.

CafeFantasia

I'm not saying that an average person would think the advert was real. But, they could think the advert was real.

Sure, Dreams isn't finished yet, so they can't shoot the full show. However, as we've seen in this Steve Davison video, enough of it is complete to make an advert out of.

[youtube:1zyrf8fr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8_8l-j62Yg[/youtube:1zyrf8fr]

DutchBrit

Quote from: "dagobert"Of course the average person will know that the advert is not real. Maybe I'm seeing it from a different point of view, because you are from the Netherlands while Ed and Alan are from the UK. Disneyland is very well known in these countries and so there is no need to show more of the parks so that people know what to expect. .

I live in the Netherlands. But I'm from the UK.

Quote from: "dagobert"However, would you book a trip based on just that commercial when you don't know a lot about Disneyland. Since Disneyland Paris has its key markets, I gues there is no need for other spots or to expand the advertising to other countries.

Does anyone really not know what to expect of Disneyland? Really? I'm pretty sure that most people in the entire world know that "Disneyland" is a theme park with Disney characters and that there are several of them. If you are interested in Disney, then you are probably going to consider going to one of the parks at some point, and if you see an advert with Disney characters saying there is some sort of special event in the European park, then you may decide that this is the time to go. And so the advert's work here is done.