Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Agreed. Too big a risk with the other technologies involved. And frankly I am glad. A 22 year old in rubber who will offend some nationalities by not speaking their language doesn't make sense to me in DLP. Then again I have always preferred Illuminations or Remember to Fantastmic anyway ;-)

lol!
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

DopeyDad

I really hope they can get this right, new castle, reformed stage, fountain instead of hub and an evening night show without language barrier....that would tick quite a few boxes for me.

davewasbaloo

Agreed Dopeydad. They are trying, we do have to give them that. But they are facing quite a few challenges and are working with a very restricted budget compared to the other resorts around the globe.
since 2001 (many before that)

DopeyDad

yup, forever the optimist I'm hoping the rises in market confidence about the Eurozone might make investment/loans more likely again. Sometimes confidence returning to a really weak market makes for a really good time to invest, so maybe Rat and other ideas can get back on the table.

davewasbaloo

Fingers crossed. I too would have thought it is a no brainer for the banks right now. Other resorts are investing in Europe - the new Paramount resort in Spain, a new coaster for Parc Asterix, a new coaster and hotel for Europa Park, a new fountain show and dark ride for Efteling, a new drop ride and coaster for Alton Towers, a new Hotel for Legoland Windsor.

I know that WDI are frustrated as they have a number of great ideas for DLP, but the debt is holding them back, coupled with a lack of loans from the bank, and some senior management issues as well.

Josh

Quote from: "thebritishfrog.com"...the castle has just be rebuilt.... ;-)
I still want to know what you mean by that. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

So much is rumour, speculation and people in the know who can't say. I'm hoping for a nighttime spectacular next year, but a fountain show, I wouldn't have thought the castle moat was big enough for anything spectacular? But then I'm not an imagineer. I'm looking forward to reading EuroDisney's end of year financial results at the begining of next month, that should give us a better idea of how things are going. keeping my fingers crossed for somthing good, but not raising my hopes. I'm very happy with all the refurbishments that have taken place this year, it must have cost them a lot, good job DLP. We didn't get a new ride but we did get a new looking park.
Ed & David

ulak

i very hope for some more news for next year! But i am frustrated with cuts in the same time. If they make  more news (shows, FIREWORKS, ""atractions"" ect.) in the next year - i have planed 2 -3 visit for  year! If not ... i dont know - maybe 1, maybe nothing :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

peter

Hopefully they'll do the press release at the same time as the financial report.

I'd love to know just how many plans WDI actually have for dlp. We know about splash mountain, Indiana jones adventure, etc., but I'd love to see the masterplan they have for WDSP

ed-uk

I can't see a fountain show happening, maybe in the summer with the new fireworks show ? But not in the winter, the moat could freeze over.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

ice and wind are two of the main concerns. Also similarly with the hours. Late hours are great in the summer, but in the winter, I am not sure about you, but DLP after dark is too cold. However having long hours from April to October could be good.

ed-uk

i like DLP after dark, wrap up well in the winter. I like summer best and Christmas is great. It's not the cold so much that bothers me, it's when it  pours with heavy rain all day. But a fountain show can't really be on the cards, can it? I doubt the park would be busy enough for late hours between Christmas and Easter for a start, unless they really do have something big planned.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

yes, it is really on the cards, however there have already been challenges, what will be telling are the tests over winter.

dagobert

Quote from: "ed-uk"i like DLP after dark, wrap up well in the winter. I like summer best and Christmas is great. It's not the cold so much that bothers me, it's when it pours with heavy rain all day. But a fountain show, is it really on tha cards? I doubt the park would be busy enough for late hours between Christmas and Easter.

I also like DLP after dark, even when it's cold. Over here it gets really cold and so I'm used to it. After a hot tea or coffee you don't freeze anymore.

ed-uk

I think for people living in Northern Europe we are used to the cold in winter. Christmas and winter seem to go together to me, which is why I don't mind DLP at Christmas.
@ davewasbaloo
I bet they've had some challenges with the fountain. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing it. Where will it be in the castle moat?
Ed & David