Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Steve is working on it, but there are concerns about the fountains as they are very much open to the elements.
since 2001 (many before that)

lubynoo

I'm so suprised no one else has seen the projections I thought you'd all be talking about it before we got home. They were amazing!! I'm so excited for next year I really hope they don't let everyone down!!

Josh

They sound really exciting. I just wish we booked our holiday next summer instead of this one. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ulak

I found this two pictures :

On this site in bigger resolution: //http://www.projectionfreak.com/holiday-brings-ho-hum-projection-mapping
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

peter

Am I mistaken, or are they the wrong way round? Surely the projectors should be pointing towards the castle. That picture looks like it's pointing towards the other side of main street???!!!!!

GrantR

The source site is stating these images are from WDW, am I not correct? Either way, the projectors are very similar to those we've seen in DLRP photos. Projection Mapping seems almost certain. With the power of (hopefully) live action and of course all of the supposed water effects, Dreams could quite possibly be what we've all been waiting for Paris to deliver...

pussinboots

Yes, that is the Magic Kingdom, not Disneyland Paris. Our Casey's looks far better.

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "Alan"Wouldn't a fountain show right up by the castle cause problem with its paintwork? If they had really tall fountains shooting up by the castle every night, surely the castle would get soaked!

...the castle has just be rebuilt.... ;-) and extra space made available to see the castle from 'castle stage' as well.
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

DopeyDad

Are you suggesting some kind of.............plan!!

davewasbaloo

There is a plan, but once again, the tests have drawn concerns of the viability. On a windless evening things will be fine. But how many of those are in DLP. Not many.

I have also been informed, the park is going to be overrun with characters. And they are trying to work the finances for the park to be open late all year, however, this will mean two shift patterns (DL in Calfiornia has 3), which is expensive. So the final decision has not yet been made.

thebritishfrog

it's looking (sounding) good so far. Although a lot of the plans for other things have been put on hold for the moment so even the peeps who work on the projects never really know 100%. Hence why fanti was totally off and now back on again for summer next year!
The British Frog

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"There is a plan, but once again, the tests have drawn concerns of the viability. On a windless evening things will be fine. But how many of those are in DLP. Not many.

I have also been informed, the park is going to be overrun with characters. And they are trying to work the finances for the park to be open late all year, however, this will mean two shift patterns (DL in Calfiornia has 3), which is expensive. So the final decision has not yet been made.

Yeah the late openings are flying around a lot at the moment so it does look good.
(davewasbaloo- i don't know if your in the same position but it's hard not to say more isn't! ;-) )
The British Frog

davewasbaloo

Indeed it is, but my sources in Burbank also are very cynical and are sure that everything will be stripped down to bare bones knowing the characters are what sell in DLP :-(

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Indeed it is, but my sources in Burbank also are very cynical and are sure that everything will be stripped down to bare bones knowing the characters are what sell in DLP :-(

:-) good to know I'm not alone!
Mine are spread across dlp (and tend to be the same! ;-) ), it seems we're very much still in the stage of anything and everything changing all the time. It does sound fixed they won't be any performers in the show however...
The British Frog

davewasbaloo

Agreed. Too big a risk with the other technologies involved. And frankly I am glad. A 22 year old in rubber who will offend some nationalities by not speaking their language doesn't make sense to me in DLP. Then again I have always preferred Illuminations or Remember to Fantastmic anyway ;-)