Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

You guys are heartier than me. I have lived in Northern Europe for 25 years now, I still cannot cope with a cold day in a theme park. As it is, we were at Legoland and Chessington earlier this week, and despite wrapping up, and it being somewhat mild, I was still freezing. We have done DLP in the winter a couple of times, but unlikely to ever do it again. No thanks.
since 2001 (many before that)

DopeyDad

It's that Californian blood I guess DWB

davewasbaloo

Yep, we are thin blooded I suppose ;-)
since 2001 (many before that)

Hilary

This is from the new brochure:

QuoteDisney Dreams

Sleeping Beauty Castle will see spectacular flights of fancy wrapped around it as Peter Pan's shadow escapes to bring you the rainbow reality of "Dreams" - our unmissable new nighttime spectacular show.  This world premiere follows his adventure as he weaves his way between timeless Disney Stories, dashing through incredible lasers, fantastic fountains and peaking in an extraordinary finale.

Hours will be extended from April to September.

lubynoo

Yay!!!! That's exactly what we saw! It was so pretty!!

CafeFantasia

Sounds great. So they'll be performing Dreams from April through to September, and not just in the two Summer months of July and August?

peter

An actual storyline !

Hilary

Quote from: "Alan"Sounds great. So they'll be performing Dreams from April through to September, and not just in the two Summer months of July and August?

Just checking the brochure again and it does just say "from 1st April" on the page of 20th Anniversary Events so I guess so!

(Other events: Disney Magic on Parade ("a fantastic new carnival"), Main Street USA Celebrates (with lots of lights!) and Meet Mickey Mouse (in Fantasyland).

DopeyDad

So the Mickey meet'n'greet in the Festival Stage is on then, that's good. I hope they do a proper job with the interior.

ed-uk

Dreams: "Sleeping Beaty Castle will see spectacular flights of fantasy wrapped around it". Sounds a bit like Tinkerbell Castle Illuminatins at HKDL.
Ed & David

lubynoo

Surely it should be all season long though and not just April-September. Normally the yearly themes shows etc play all year?! Like with this years it has played from April until January but only because of works or it would likely have carried on until March ish time.

ed-uk

Yes, but we only get late nights, fireworks and Fantillusion in the summer normally, July-August. I'm sure the 20th celebations will last all year, maybe 18 months.
Ed & David

lubynoo

Yeh that more like it. The late nights sound good from April though they don't normally do that. I'm so excited to see what they actually do and whether it lives up to the hype!!

littlemermaid83

So Dreams will not be on during october. What a friggin let down!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

peter

they might do it october half term and at christmas holidays, just not on a daily basis