Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scampbunny

amazing pic peter!!!  how far back were u stood to get that???  thats just the sort of pic i would love to achieve when we go!!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

DLP-Photos.com

Brilliant photo their peterpanfan1953 - can I ask if you want to share the EXIF data?  :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Tigerlilly

Yes, I'd love to know the settings you used so I can attempt similar in a few weeks. Great shot!

ps If anyone is trying to photograph Dreams, turn your flash off, it will be completely ineffective at that distance and also mess up any automatic exposure settings you might be using. You'll get a much better photo without the flash in those conditions.

On a separate note, I have a question about the show

[spoiler:zhws10c7]I watched the Princess and the Frog for the first time last night and was expecting to see where the mechanical animation over the castle comes from, but no it had no link I could see. It's probably my favourite part of the show but where is it from?[/spoiler:zhws10c7]
and straight on till morning.

BlackPearl

Just love your picture, peterpanfan1953! It's really fantastic!  :tink: :peter:

15MagicalYears

I just looked back for this video as I remembered that there was definitely footage of The Lion King featured in the show somewhere:

[youtube:19icf9b3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJiLb4RjR40&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:19icf9b3]

So it makes me think that there may be one or two deleted scenes that have already been animated and could be re-programmed and slotted in to the show to freshen it up down the line, without going to the bother of getting new animation done? Ah, the possibilities are endless  :D

Whoknew?

@15MagicalYears
the scene you see in the clip is from World of Color. But they probably do have already finished scenes that didn't made into the final show. As steve ones mentioned there are scenes that were to loud to use them in the year-round show. May be those get included during the summer season next year.

15MagicalYears

I'm not talking about the WOC clip, I'm talking about the clip of Simba, Timon and Pumbaa walking over the log infront of the castle and then the "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" graphics projected on the castle.

Whoknew?

oh, sry, havent seen it in the first place  :lol:

Simba 27

I always watched the english version of it, and there wasn't the scene with Simba, Timon and Pumba, so they removed it pretty early in the production.

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

peterpanfan1953

Glad everyone liked my picture so much :D  

Sadly I'm not sure of the EXIF data for this picture as it got stripped out when I was editing it for some reason and I'm not positive of the original picture that corresponds to this one... I am still away in Paris so not using my normal computer and editing software :  Once I am back I will be posting more pictures of Dreams (and I have some that are better than this one) which will include the EXIF data and I will be happy to share :)
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

OS73

This is the video I shot with my Canon 5D-mkII at the second show on April 1st, by using the 5D you really get the full color range of the show.

[youtube:1u6yd91e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-xYKcJj0bw[/youtube:1u6yd91e]

And this I shot with the Canon Powershot G12 on the same night. I shot over 440 pictures with an exposure time of one second making this into a time-lapse video of the Disney Dreams show of just 46 seconds.

[youtube:1u6yd91e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSA61zgJHU8[/youtube:1u6yd91e]

Maybe off topic, but does anybody know what the music loop is they use on the 20th Anniversary site?
Watch my Disney videos at: //http://www.youtube.com/disneymagique

littlemermaid83

Wow the time lapse video is awesome.

Did you take the photos and edit them together or did you film this?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Wow the time lapse video is awesome.

QuoteI shot over 440 pictures with an exposure time of one second making this into a time-lapse video

The bit in bold  :-"  ;) Lay off the milk Emma  :P

That is pretty amazing and now that's a challenge to all of us photographers out there to do something similar. Now I really do have to take my tripod with me next month.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "PirateSteve"

QuoteI shot over 440 pictures with an exposure time of one second making this into a time-lapse video

The bit in bold  :-"  ;) Lay off the milk Emma  :P

That is pretty amazing and now that's a challenge to all of us photographers out there to do something similar. Now I really do have to take my tripod with me next month.

Hahaha! Thanks Steve  :P

It really has got me thinking about what I can do with my camera now and I think I tripod is what I need.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

OS73

It are really about 440 individual photo's. I edit them with a interval of 3 frames together to make it a bit longer at 25 frames per second. I connected a timer to my Canon G12 so it will take the pictures automatically.

Next time, I want to make a new time-lapse with a longer exposure. You will not see the projection anymore because of the fast movement, but it will make the lasers, fountains, fire and fireworks look bigger.

I realy love this show!!!!  =D>

The best pictures are taken by setting your camera to manual.

Watch my Disney videos at: //http://www.youtube.com/disneymagique