Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Wow, I must break open my easter egg maybe there's a message inside for me,  "you're going to Disneyland Paris on the 12th". I somehow doubt it though, I'm not 4 or 8. Have fun :D/
Ed & David

Anthony

I've just uploaded a second video of the show (after the World Premiere) - this is the very first public performance at 9.30pm last Sunday 1st April, filmed from pretty much the front row. Louder crowd, clearer view of the projections, and from here the fountains really tower overhead!

[youtube:21mv4ca9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJrHW9hnpqM[/youtube:21mv4ca9]
It's great that the show feels different wherever you watch it, and there's such a huge viewing space available.

Quote from: "Becksy"I am so excited - we are there on Thursday, on the 12th! We told our sons this morning as the culmination of their Easter Egg Hunt - the egg contained the message 'We're going to Disneyland Paris' - they are 4 and 8 and they are SO excited!
Well you are officially the best parents ever. Have a great time!

Rachel84

That has to be my favourite video of it so far!  :thumbs: I'm not seeing it live until August....not sure I can wait that long  :?

Anyway, I love hearing peoples reactions to it, thats what makes it even more special for me.

15MagicalYears

Fantastic video! It really picks up on the finer details of the projections. I can't wait to watch it from all different angles in June. Question - Are bubbles floating above Central Plaza / Main Street during the bubble scene in be our guest like rumoured a while back? I remember reading that they installed bubble machines for that scene and was just curious to whether it was true or not.

beth

Quote from: "Simba 27"Someone that watched Disney Dreams! other days beside the premiere, can please tell if during the Aladdin part of it, the Geenie sings in English or there is only the instrumental song?

Hi, the Geenie does sing in English and that is a fantastic part of the show, the effects of the castle changing were mind blowing and fireworks came in at the most fitting times for the song. There is even fire during the song!

Simba 27

Thanks! I agree, the castle's effects during the Geenie's fragment are astonishing!
And Anthony, thanks for another video of the show. In that one I saw for the first time
[spoiler:376bxp2s]Maleficient and Peter and Wendy's take off.[/spoiler:376bxp2s]
I am the only one that didn't saw those in the previous videos?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Aurora1

WOW WOW WOW
Don`t know what else to say! And I bet seeing it live is even more fascinating! I`m relly looking forward seeing it on our next trip.
Aurora1

Becksy

I filmed my children opening the egg with the message in, but cant work out how to upload it!
I am almost more excited about Dreams than about DLP itself - it just sounds incredible. I cant wait to report back! 2 sleeps!

CafeFantasia

What phone/camera/camcorder did you film the clip on?

Whoknew?

Can't wait to see Disney Dreams! in person on May 19th!!
And i have to admit, after seeing World of Color and Disney Dreams on YouTube i like Dreams better! True, WoC has its stunning moments and great water compositions but it also had a lot of tedious moments, where i just thought "oh, keep it going" which Dreams doesn't have. The only scene i don't like, almost hate, is the step in time one, i just don't have any use for marry poppins... but despite that i love the show!

Anthony

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Question - Are bubbles floating above Central Plaza / Main Street during the bubble scene in be our guest like rumoured a while back? I remember reading that they installed bubble machines for that scene and was just curious to whether it was true or not.
I didn't see any such effects, no. Everything for now is concentrated on the castle and moat. Perhaps they're reserving things like that for years to come?

Quote from: "Simba 27"Thanks! I agree, the castle's effects during the Geenie's fragment are astonishing!
And Anthony, thanks for another video of the show. In that one I saw for the first time
[spoiler:1po4zdem]Maleficient and Peter and Wendy's take off.[/spoiler:1po4zdem]
I am the only one that didn't saw those in the previous videos?
No, there are quite a lot of things I'm only seeing each time I re-watch the show. All the projections have been loaded with so much detail that it stands up to repeat viewings fantastically well. Perhaps more so than any other similar show I've seen.

Becksy

Alan, I filmed it on a Samsung Galazy ace - uploaded straight to Facebook no problem, and could email it to myself, but no idea how to get it here? Probably should be on Trip planning!

peterpanfan1953

I have now seen dreams 7 times in the last 4 days and it just keeps getting better... still noticing new things that I hadn't noticed before and there are a lot of elements that none of the videos I have seen capture well or at all... it is an amazing show and I love it!!  Here is a picture I took two nights ago:

\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

Simba 27

Wow peter, wich camera did you use for take that picture? Did you use the flash or there are enough lights from the effects during the show?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

peterpanfan1953

I used a Canon 5D Mark III and no, no flash... glad you like the picture!
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust