Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast

Started by MauiMouse, May 20, 2004, 03:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MauiMouse

I just booked 2 mornings for the Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast. I have a couple questions.  Which restaurant  is the breakfast located?  Second, I know that it is available one hour before park opening, do you get to walk to the restaurant and does everyone go early at 8 a.m.?  Thanks in advance. :)
Mary
-----------

Next Up: Disney\'s Sequoia Lodge Sept \'04

Kristof

Hi MauiMouse, welcome to our boards!

Well, I believe everyone has to go around 8 am.

The breakfast is located in Chalet de la Marionette.  You have to take the Railroad to Fantasyland.

Have a great time! :D

MauiMouse

Thanks!  Can't wait.  :D
Mary
-----------

Kristof

How long will you be staying... Have you ever visited DLRP before?   :D

MauiMouse

We are coming via the Eurostar on Sept 14th and leaving on the 17th back to London.

I have never been to DLP, but have been to WDW 4 times.  

Our plans for the parks are:
Tuesday Sept 14 - check in and then go over to the Studios.  Have a 9:30 seating for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

Wed, Sept 15 -  Day trip to Paris, coming back late afternoon and visit the parks. Night time at Disney Village.

Thurs, Sept 16 - Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast - stay at  Disneyland Paris for the day.  Tonight I have booked the Nighttime tour of Paris departing Hotel New York.

Friday, Sept 17 - Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast - stay at Disneyland Paris and back over to the Studios for what ever we missed.  Leave on the Eurostar back to London in the evening.

What do you think?   :D
Mary
-----------

Kristof

You won't be needing so much time for the studios  :P

experiment627

Hey MauiMouse,

in which hotel are you staying?

You really won't need a whole day for the Studios - especially during off-season (which mid-september is). But I suppose you're having multi-day-passes anyway...? So you can hop between parks anytime you want. (And it's not as much of a bother to change parks at DLRP than at WDW - Disneyland and WDS are right next door!)

For your day trip to Paris... well, make it a day! The city has so much to offer, so don't really count on visiting the parks on the same day... (it would be a pity to miss out on some stuff in Paris).

Montmartre is quite nice (especially during off-season). But my personal favourite area of Paris is St. Germain de Près - with lots of charming little streets, shops, cafés etc.. And a wonderful little park called Les Jardins du Luxembourg.

A great area for shopping is around Les Halles (which is right at the RER line to DLRP), which has a huge shopping centre, is just around the corner from the Centre Pompidou and is quite colourful (I love this one little street with this nice church which is surrounded by ... uhm ... "adult retail".  :wink:  only in Paris...

To make it short: there is so much to see!

(And I honestly think that DLRP is a great spot to start your exploration of one of the most amazing cities on this planet...)

MauiMouse

experiment627, thanks for all the information.  

We are staying at Sequoia Lodge, and we do have  unlimited park tickets to both parks.  Looking foward to also seeing Paris and walking around the city.   :)
Mary
-----------

Kristof

Oh, and you should try the vegetable Lasagna at Rendez-Vous des Stars @ Walt Disney Studios  :D

MauiMouse

Quote from: "raptor1982"Oh, and you should try the vegetable Lasagna at Rendez-Vous des Stars @ Walt Disney Studios  :D

Sounds really good, love veggie lasagna. :thumb:
Mary
-----------

experiment627

MauiMouse,

I stayed at SQL last December, and personally I'd have breakfast at the hotel (I enjoyed that one VERY much...) - but then again, nobody in my family is really that eager to ride "Dumbo"...  :wink:
The SQL-breakfast is a continental breakfast buffet with some pastries (try the pain au chocolat and the croissants - I never ate so much for breakfast in my whole life like on these two mornings...), fruit salad, cereals etc.. You can also order eggs and bacon, but you have to pay extra for that.

Walking around Paris is a very nice thing to do. I just love taking in the city's atmosphere and wandering around without any place special to go to (but I had way much time to explore the city than I guess you have... besides, it's just four hours away from where I'm sitting right now...).

And when it comes to veggie food (and I'm a proud carnivore): the veggie menu at the Hunter's Grill - one of SQL's two restaurants - is absolutely wonderful. ...

Martha86

I will be in DLRP at the same time as you! I go on 12th - 16th September! Why do people always say you have to take the raiload to fantasyland? We've done Good Morning Fantasyland a lot and we have always had to go in through the turnstiles on the far right hand side of the park. There's never been a railroad?

Patrick

Quote from: "Martha86"I will be in DLRP at the same time as you! I go on 12th - 16th September! Why do people always say you have to take the raiload to fantasyland? We've done Good Morning Fantasyland a lot and we have always had to go in through the turnstiles on the far right hand side of the park. There's never been a railroad?

Maybe they keep saying about railroad, since this topic is dated 2004 :wink: .  The rules were probably different back then.  Wow what a topic to revive.

Martha86

Haha, I never realised it was in 2004! Saying that though, even the travel agent the other day was telling us to board the railroad cos she didn't know that we had been before.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Martha86"Haha, I never realised it was in 2004! Saying that though, even the travel agent the other day was telling us to board the railroad cos she didn't know that we had been before.
I think you still can, really - this is just the disneyland raiilroad - once you entered the park through thr turnstiles you just described above - you can take the train up to fantasyland station if you want...  Or you can walk through main street / the castle (which I prefer anyway if there are no people in the park yet ;) )
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!