Please paint Dumbo!

Started by Disney_Dad, September 04, 2009, 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Great to see they're getting all this work done! Seems like theres loads of refurbs at the moment.

I do wonder how their brains work over at the DLP maintenance department. They seem to be refurbishing things that look fine anyway (like the Main St exteriors), yet Captain Hook's ship look like it's going to collapse over the next winter and they're doing absolutely nothing. :lol:

pussinboots

Quote from: "RnRCj"Great to see they're getting all this work done! Seems like theres loads of refurbs at the moment.

I do wonder how their brains work over at the DLP maintenance department. They seem to be refurbishing things that look fine anyway (like the Main St exteriors), yet Captain Hook's ship look like it's going to collapse over the next winter and they're doing absolutely nothing. :lol:

I had that exact same thought yesterday, looking at that ship in its current condition. I do think they're right in keeping Main Street, Discoveryland and Fantasyland looking spiffy before Adventureland and Frontierland, because those two lands are supposed to look rough and natural anyway... But that ship looks like it should be at the bottom of the sea.

Another example I've never been able to wrap my mind around is why the Disneyland Hotel is continuously being polished and touched-up (they paint the woodwork during the way, installing a simple "fresh paint" sign,) while the other hotels are being neglected in a very serious manner. The Newport Bay Club now actually has a giant Hidden Mickey made of algae on one of its rooftops.

I mean, sure it makes sense to give the Disneyland Hotel priority, but surely they can allow for one chipped banister every once in a while and send that painter over to the Newport Bay Club instead...

luke85

Quote from: "pussinboots"...Another example I've never been able to wrap my mind around is why the Disneyland Hotel is continuously being polished and touched-up (they paint the woodwork during the way, installing a simple "fresh paint" sign,) while the other hotels are being neglected in a very serious manner. The Newport Bay Club now actually has a giant Hidden Mickey made of algae on one of its rooftops.

I mean, sure it makes sense to give the Disneyland Hotel priority, but surely they can allow for one chipped banister every once in a while and send that painter over to the Newport Bay Club instead...

Totally agree with you pussinboots, all the hotels should be given the same care and attention that the Disneyland Hotel gets. Obviously as it's the entrance to the park it must look pristine, but there's no reason the other hotels shouldn't look just as good.

dagobert

I also totally agree with you pussinboots. The Disney hotels at DLRP are really not Disney standard in their current state. Hopefully the hotels will also get some attention in the near future.

I'm glad to see that Dumbo is getting a refurbishment.

Now please Disney pay some attention to the ship in Adventureland!!!

Owain

Quote from: "pussinboots"Another example I've never been able to wrap my mind around is why the Disneyland Hotel is continuously being polished and touched-up (they paint the woodwork during the way, installing a simple "fresh paint" sign,) while the other hotels are being neglected in a very serious manner. The Newport Bay Club now actually has a giant Hidden Mickey made of algae on one of its rooftops.

By the sounds of it Newport does need a refurb, but recently it just hasnt been DLH. I think i read recently theyve just completely repainted all of Hotel Cheyenne and there doing floor work over at Sequoia  :D

montaguewarner

Off topic but I'm pretty sure that Hotel Cheyenne just got a complete repaint!
Does anyone know why the Dumbo refurb wasn't announced way up in advance - or was it? I didn't notice it on the Refurbs and Closures page of DLRPMAGIC!?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

pussinboots

Cheyenne did look good! Excellent news then. I'm not sure if the rooms and hallways of the Newport Bay Club have been addressed yet, but the outside is just depressing. Some of the clapboard, such as that on the lighthouse, appears to be melting. Sort of gives away the fact that it's not real wood...

dagobert

Still off topic! I don't have any problems with the outside appearance of the hotels, but I have a big one with the quality of the rooms or restaurants. They are not Disney standard, at least not for the money you have to pay.

The Cheyenne looks indeed very good since the repaint.

Kristof

Quote from: "pussinboots"Cheyenne did look good! Excellent news then. I'm not sure if the rooms and hallways of the Newport Bay Club have been addressed yet, but the outside is just depressing. Some of the clapboard, such as that on the lighthouse, appears to be melting. Sort of gives away the fact that it's not real wood...

There's a special maintenance program that addresses the façade of Newport Bay Club every few years. The last refurb started late 2006 I believe and finished late 2008.  

There was an article explaining the progress in the Backstage magazine a few years back, I'll try to dig it up.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Kristof"There's a special maintenance program that addresses the façade of Newport Bay Club every few years. The last refurb started late 2006 I believe and finished late 2008.  

There was an article explaining the progress in the Backstage magazine a few years back, I'll try to dig it up.

Oh, please do! I am very interested in how this works. I wonder what was part of the 2006-2008 refurb as the outside of the Newport Bay Club still is in desperate need of a paint job in my opinion.

DisneylandParisFan

DUMBO HAS BEEN REFURBISHED!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  =D>  :D/  :thumbs:  :D  :P

HERE IS THE TOPIC WITH ALL THE PICTURES

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9325