Non-Disney Artwork

Started by MizzRabbit, August 20, 2008, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Wow that rose i beautiful   =D>

I really like your own characters Laura, they have just same quality that some of Walt Disney's characters and they especially remind me of Atlantis (don't know if it is intended or just in my eyes) They are amazing! :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

burntsienna

Quote from: "forza_united"Wow that rose i beautiful   =D>

I really like your own characters Laura, they have just same quality that some of Walt Disney's characters and they especially remind me of Atlantis (don't know if it is intended or just in my eyes) They are amazing! :D

Aww thanks =]
Yeah my story has been inspired lightly by Atlantis, so it should reflect in the characters too. I liked the clothing styles of Atlantis and the whole Tribalness of it all too...and so that's what I've taken over into my own work.  :)
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MinniesBestPal

Aww thank you!

That picture is really nice! I love the background!

burntsienna

Aww thanks!
The background took me about 30mins to do I was getting really stressed out! Thank goodness for Online tutorials though! lol  :mrgreen:  :lol:

anthonysprincess

This is such a cool thread!

I especially like Phoebe's rose and burntsienna's character.

Good job guys! Please keep posting!

Here's some of my little things:

^my best drawing ever, as far as technical stuff goes.

^Class assignment-I had to make a self-portrait but basically in some sort of fantasy style to show some meaningful imagery about my personality/life. I would love to explain every little thing but not sure if anyone is interested so I don't want to waste the time...

I have more but don't want to give it all away up front hehe.

burntsienna

Wow great drawings!!!
 :mrgreen:  =D>
I'd love for you to explain about your Fantasy Self-portrait  :D

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "burntsienna"Wow great drawings!!!
 :mrgreen:  =D>
I'd love for you to explain about your Fantasy Self-portrait  :D

Well as long as someone requested it I don't feel like I'm being concieted or whatever. So here it is...The background, though not very well done, is supposed to be the aurora borealis, which I want to see someday, it's nothing more than that. The dress I am wearing is a Lolita-style dress which is really important to me, it's what I'm known for, and it's a particular dress which was my first real Loli dress and I have been known to wear probably too much...heh...
I am sitting on a mushroom because I love and identify with Alice in Wonderland...it is the book I have read the most times in my life, I always come back to it, no matter my age, and I have always loved many elements of those stories (Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass), the imagery, the characters, etc...
The cat is simply my pet cat Stinky but he is smiling like the Cheshire cat from Alice...
He is sitting on top of a cell from my first-ever hand-drawn animated (very short) film I made in school, which was about a bunny that fell in love with an Olive...
He is holding a mouse, which is a play on words, but also shows the significance of the computer in my life, since I was the first of my friends that I know of that had the internet, things like that...my Dad's a computr nerd so I caught onto that early as well :p
My doll is Keirsten, the American Girl doll (AGs are basically dolls based on fictional girls each set in a different time in American history and a different ethnicity) and she is the doll whose last name is the same as my mother's maiden name, she is from Sweden so I identify with her in that sense, and I love dolls, and she is dressed in a Girl Scout uniform, which is something I have been involved with my whole life.
If you look where my gaze is directed you can see some stars forming a Mickey silhouette and that is because I have always dreamed of-and am now just beginning to work towards-my goal of working for WDI!

That is basically everything. It is not incredibly complicated or deep but that's it, you have it there.
<3

burntsienna

Quote from: "anthonysprincess"
Well as long as someone requested it I don't feel like I'm being concieted or whatever. So here it is...The background, though not very well done, is supposed to be the aurora borealis, which I want to see someday, it's nothing more than that. The dress I am wearing is a Lolita-style dress which is really important to me, it's what I'm known for, and it's a particular dress which was my first real Loli dress and I have been known to wear probably too much...heh...
I am sitting on a mushroom because I love and identify with Alice in Wonderland...it is the book I have read the most times in my life, I always come back to it, no matter my age, and I have always loved many elements of those stories (Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass), the imagery, the characters, etc...
The cat is simply my pet cat Stinky but he is smiling like the Cheshire cat from Alice...
He is sitting on top of a cell from my first-ever hand-drawn animated (very short) film I made in school, which was about a bunny that fell in love with an Olive...
He is holding a mouse, which is a play on words, but also shows the significance of the computer in my life, since I was the first of my friends that I know of that had the internet, things like that...my Dad's a computr nerd so I caught onto that early as well :p
My doll is Keirsten, the American Girl doll (AGs are basically dolls based on fictional girls each set in a different time in American history and a different ethnicity) and she is the doll whose last name is the same as my mother's maiden name, she is from Sweden so I identify with her in that sense, and I love dolls, and she is dressed in a Girl Scout uniform, which is something I have been involved with my whole life.
If you look where my gaze is directed you can see some stars forming a Mickey silhouette and that is because I have always dreamed of-and am now just beginning to work towards-my goal of working for WDI!

That is basically everything. It is not incredibly complicated or deep but that's it, you have it there.
<3

Wow that's amazing!
I'd love to see the Aurora Borealis too it's so beautiful!
It's really cool how you've put all of that into your drawing  :mrgreen:  =D>
I love it =]

anthonysprincess

Thank you.

Captain Pan

I've been told off by a Pete Dragon for posting a non disney piece of artwork in the TV Topic (My defence there wasn't a topic for artwork back then)

So I have two... but will show one at a time

burntsienna

Here's a drawing I've just started tonight, it's going to be one in a series for my Dad and his wife for Christmas.
It's my step-bro Joe  :)

As you can tell it's not finished yet though.

Remco K.

Quote from: "burntsienna"Here's a drawing I've just started tonight, it's going to be one in a series for my Dad and his wife for Christmas.
It's my step-bro Joe  :)
[...]

As you can tell it's not finished yet though.
Not finished, but recognizable already!

Nice idea on the Christmas present. :)

burntsienna

I've added more to Joe =]

Remco K.

Quote from: "burntsienna"I've added more to Joe =]

[...]
Looking great! Adorable! :o

DLP-Photos.com

Joe is looking great Laura - I cannot wait to follow this drawings development :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]