where should a 3th gate be?

Started by duthoy, July 23, 2008, 11:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duthoy

I was looking to local live, and i was thinking where i should put the third gate (if there is going to be a 3th gate in paris according to the contract with the french goverment.
i saw that there was a new walkway on the hub, between the studio's and the village.
this would be a good walkway to the 3th gate; and almost the only place for this; all the other area around the other parks are already build with hotels, disney village, studio's,..)

I know, it's not going to happen fast, but "I have a dream,.."

yellow = new walkway
blue = place for 3the gate (animal kingdom? :-D)

-breeno-

Like the idea, maybe this should be moved to Imagineering because thats you own idea isn't it?

There was a topic about a 3rd gate not that long ago, will look for it now for you :)

EDIT:  Sorry, can't seem to find it :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

The third theme park is supposed to go on the other side of Newport Bay Club.

The area you marked is in fact reserved for a convention centre, a hotel and the Disney Village expansion!  :)
This is how it should look out in the very distant future:
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/324/dl ... ons5hq.jpg

breeno, here's the topic you are looking for:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4911

Nicholas-c

To be honest i think the 3rd park should be for a while.

Currently the 2 parks are right next to each other and people are only just discovering the studios!
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

duthoy

Quote from: "Kristof"The third theme park is supposed to go on the other side of Newport Bay Club.

The area you marked is in fact reserved for a convention centre, a hotel and the Disney Village expansion!  :)
This is how it should look out in the very distant future:
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/324/dl ... ons5hq.jpg

breeno, here's the topic you are looking for:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4911

i like this picture,
but disney has to make sure they have a descent and fast transportation system to the 3th park. the guy's are probably smart enough to think of that ;-)

Pete's Dragon

i know, it does seem a long way to go. You're nearly at the golf course :shock:

lil-shawn

hmm i don´t know, i think this place is to small for an Animal Kingdom  :P

RnRCj

If a 3rd park was built, I would like it to be something similar to Tokyo Disneysea, which is my second favourite Disney park. Lots of detailed theming, unique attractions, and not just based on an existing Disney park. If something like Animal Kingdom, for example, was built you would get all the typical Brits saying "Why go to Disneyland Resort Paris when you could go to Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom, which is a million times better". I would hate that to happen, so I really think a unique park would be better at DLRP.

However, before the Imagineers work on a 3rd park, they first need to improve and expand the Walt Disney Studios. :lol:

SophieD

if it is built there it does seem to be out of touch with the other 2 parks!!
especially tucked behind Newport Bay!

maybe it could be an extremely small Animal Kingdom!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Kristof

Quote from: "SophieD"if it is built there it does seem to be out of touch with the other 2 parks!!

The parks in Walt Disney World are pretty far away from each other as well, so it shouldn't be a big issue if the transportation is well organised.

MAVERICK

It would be very cool if they built a monorail to get to the 3rd park  :D

EDDY

I hate the idea of a 3rd park especially if its an animal kingdom like ! We need something special in Europe an Animal Kingdom like it is in Florida needs very much of Space an the exotic animals wouldn´t have the right conditions to life in this region.
If it really needs to be a 3rd park, than please design something special for us Europeans  :wink:
But for now please keep working at the WDS expansion and maybe a new Adventureland E-Ticket !!!!!!!!!  [-o<  Before planning a 3rd park :D
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Captain Pan

Quote from: "EDDY"I hate the idea of a 3rd park especially if its an animal kingdom like ! We need something special in Europe an Animal Kingdom like it is in Florida needs very much of Space an the exotic animals wouldn´t have the right conditions to life in this region.
If it really needs to be a 3rd park, than please design something special for us Europeans  :wink:
But for now please keep working at the WDS expansion and maybe a new Adventureland E-Ticket !!!!!!!!!  [-o<  Before planning a 3rd park :D

Now that would be nice but I am to believe that it is a CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION that a third Gate is built BY 2012... which Coincidently is the DLP 20th Anniversary and WDS Decade of Movie Magic!

mehdi5

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "EDDY"I hate the idea of a 3rd park especially if its an animal kingdom like ! We need something special in Europe an Animal Kingdom like it is in Florida needs very much of Space an the exotic animals wouldn´t have the right conditions to life in this region.

Now that would be nice but I am to believe that it is a CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION that a third Gate is built BY 2012... which Coincidently is the DLP 20th Anniversary and WDS Decade of Movie Magic!
Well actually the Contractual Obligation was to have filled the land by 2012, that's why Disney is opting to build a temporary F1 course there so they can build it a few years after 2012 to first make more money for it than rather rush building another one.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "SophieD"if it is built there it does seem to be out of touch with the other 2 parks!!

The parks in Walt Disney World are pretty far away from each other as well, so it shouldn't be a big issue if the transportation is well organised.
Hopefully they will add the Monorail system to the parcs