The Princess and the Frog (Disney 2009)

Started by Kristof, March 10, 2007, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Owain"Because im sure the enchanted animation parts were computer animation  :?
Erm, no I think it is actually hand-drawn, at least that's what they said on the "making of" thing I saw a few weeks back... Obviously stuff like Pip in the "real world" is CGI, and the pigeons, rats etc. in "Happy Working Song", but the very beginning bit (with TLK) is hand-drawn as far as I know. :)

\":lamp:\"

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Baloo"
QuoteDisney finds its Frog prince

Variety quietly confirmed last week that ER actor Bruno Campos had been cast as the titular amphibian character in Disney's traditionally animated feature The Princess and the Frog. Anika Noni Rose will be his princess and Keith David will voice the film's villain, Dr. Facilier.
http://www.animated-news.com/2008/disne ... og-prince/

I've seen him in something Else... With Christina Applegate in Jessie...

Great to see John Goodman back in a Disney Picture though can't remember seeing him lend his vocals to a disney character since Sulley.

Remco K.

This is one of the songs that will be featured in The Princess and the Frog. It's called "Down In New Orleans".

[youtube:22loj7ii]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yobELtiUjEE[/youtube:22loj7ii]

howtodeal

I like Princess Tiana, a little bit skinny though  :P

burntsienna

the images of the new princess look really cool, good old classic disney magic!
cant wait to see this film
disney going back to hand drawnness is something i've been waiting for  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Soap

Wow, that's look great!
What a handsome lady that is, Disney's first dark skinned princess???  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

MinniesBestPal

OH WOW! This looks awesome!

I was so dissapointed when they said they would never do animation again, but when I saw enchanted I got excited cause I thought they were bringing it back! Its happening! They're going back to animations. Yay!

Kristof

The controversy continues...

Quote from: "IMDB.com"Far from receiving congratulations from the African-American community for finally producing an animated feature with a black princess, Disney is finding itself embroiled in a new controversy every bit as bitter as the one that followed the release of its 1947 film Song of the South. According to published reports, the controversy has already forced the studio to change the title of the film and the name of the lead character. The film, originally titled The Frog Princess, is now being called The Princess and the Frog and the lead character is now called Tiana instead of Maddy. But the controversy has not ended. Charlotte Observer columnist William Blackburn comments: "This princess' story is set in New Orleans, the setting of one of the most devastating tragedies to beset a black community. And then they throw in the voodoo theme [the fairy-godmother character is a voodoo priestess] and an alligator sidekick. When you put New Orleans, alligators and voodoo together, there's no beauty there." The London Independent reports that Disney has now made the prince in the story a man of Middle Eastern heritage and "revised" the race of the villain.

http://www.imdb.com

Soap

Is this serious??? Are people this small minded?? It's just a magical story...... :?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

penfold12

PC gone mad. You know we should all be wrapped up in cotton wool, and never speak to each other, that way we cant hear, see or do anything that may be offensive!

howtodeal

Disney.com has added a small trailer, it looks amazing  :shock:
You have to check it out guys, looks really promising  :D/

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

burntsienna

Quote from: "howtodeal"Disney.com has added a small trailer, it looks amazing  :shock:
You have to check it out guys, looks really promising  :D/

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessandthefrog/

Aww it looks great!
I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
Thanks for posting howtodeal  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

tubbsy

I thought the way the camera panned down we were going to see Neverland for a moment there!
Really like the look of that. My 5 year old was giggling away and asking when he could go see it!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

howtodeal

QuoteThanks for posting howtodeal  

You're welcome burntsienna, iam glad you liked it  :wink:

QuoteI thought the way the camera panned down we were going to see Neverland for a moment there!

It actually reminded me of Ratatouille, the view of the city at night, and the way
Tiana was holding the frog :mrgreen:

tubbsy

Actually, now you say that...  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club